ADVERTISEMENT

I'm back, taking questions

ND, you get on demand blow jobs. Beats a coffee mug.

NickleDimer, post: 186395, member: 720"]When you become a partner, do you get a special jacket? Ring? Coffee mug?
Think Christopher Moltisanti in "Fortunate Son"

Now that you're a suburbanite, what perks of city living do you feel are now overrated?underrated?
What perks of suburbia are now overrated/underrated?
In the city: Access to eateries and "culture" is overrated. Access to single people looking to mingle is underrated.
In suburbia: Space and quiet are both underrated. Been sleeping with my windows open all week. "Good schools" is overrated (since there are good schools in the cities now too.)

When you become a partner, do you get a special jacket? Ring? Coffee mug?
Will you adjust your work schedule for Merc3?
How much would someone have to pay you to drive only a 1989 Ford Tempo for a year?
Here, you don't get anything special. I kind of wish there was a special tie or something.
I don't have much control over my schedule so I don't think there's anything to adjust.
$15k. I could do it because nobody at work sees what I drive, my cars are for my personal enjoyment only.

Merc, do people actually refer to episode names of old TV dramas and expect people to know what they are talking about?
I could google it and know what Dan is talking about. I am nice to Dan because I might have to ask him for a job some day.

NickleDimer, post: 186395, member: 720"]When you become a partner, do you get a special jacket? Ring? Coffee mug?
Think Christopher Moltisanti in "Fortunate Son"
tumblr_m3s8d1thTQ1r8kfm2o1_500.gif

Merc, do people actually refer to episode names of old TV dramas and expect people to know what they are talking about?
ND, Just so you know (as you are presumably unaware), the poster Fiscal Cliff Claven is based on a character from the TV series Cheers. It was popular in the 80s and early 90s.

No idea. I only saw the first episode of the Sopranos and that was only within the last 6 months.
People overestimate the popularity of crap they like. We all do it. Twice as many people watched Everybody Loves Raymond.

You're not making partner at least that firm. You guys are downsizing big time and are on the verge of dissolution. I'm in the industry and know. By 2017, you'll either be laid off or still toiling as an associate at whatever firm you merge with.

You're not making partner at least that firm. You guys are downsizing big time and are on the verge of dissolution. I'm in the industry and know. By 2017, you'll either be laid off or still toiling as an associate at whatever firm you merge with.

Boom. This.

Describe your 3 most lucid dreams.
Am I required to retro-actively diminish my memories of the top notch entertainment cranked out by Bill Cosby?
What should drug testing be like in sports?
What is the best thing that your mom cooks?

O/U/P:
Ted Kennedy
Early US settlers
Cape Cod
the Garfield and Friends cartoon
the Federal Reserve
Faye Reagan
John Wetteland
First Amendment
Second Amendment
Third Amendment
Fifth Amendment

How are you in the industry? Things are better here than people think (though still not great).

Whether I'm here or somewhere else in 2017, I would be willing to bet money that I am still an associate.

Describe your 3 most lucid dreams.
Am I required to retro-actively diminish my memories of the top notch entertainment cranked out by Bill Cosby?
What should drug testing be like in sports?
What is the best thing that your mom cooks?

O/U/P:
Ted Kennedy - Overrated
Early US settlers - Underrated. Tough as nails.
Cape Cod - Proper
the Garfield and Friends cartoon - Proper
the Federal Reserve - Over
Faye Reagan - Under. Used to love her stuff but she flamed out a little too quick.
John Wetteland - Under. Always overshadowed by the legacy of Mariano.
First Amendment - Proper.
Second Amendment - Over.
Third Amendment - Proper (Quartering of soldiers?)
Fifth Amendment - Proper, I guess. I don't have much of an opinion on the grand jury system.
I am a very deep sleeper and, thus, don't wake up during dreams much. I had a dream recently that my baby got washed away in some sort of storm while I stood in the garage. I expect those are the types of things that will continue.

I still enjoy Bill Cosby's entertainment, and you should too.

Drug testing needs to be more comprehensive, but only for performance enhancing drugs and not recreational drugs. I don't care if you smoke pot in the NFL. I do care if you take HGH. True random blood testing during the season is the way to curb (but not prevent) it. I think professional cycling does it the best, and it still doesn't stop guys.

OUP is in the quote, above.

How are you in the industry? Things are better here than people think (though still not great).

Whether I'm here or somewhere else in 2017, I would be willing to bet money that I am still an associate.

Consulting and my area is helping large firms in northeast corridor save money, get better deals from vendors, etc. Word of mouth is your shop is on endangered species list.

I am a very deep sleeper and, thus, don't wake up during dreams much. I had a dream recently that my baby got washed away in some sort of storm while I stood in the garage. I expect those are the types of things that will continue.

I still enjoy Bill Cosby's entertainment, and you should too.

Drug testing needs to be more comprehensive, but only for performance enhancing drugs and not recreational drugs. I don't care if you smoke pot in the NFL. I do care if you take HGH. True random blood testing during the season is the way to curb (but not prevent) it. I think professional cycling does it the best, and it still doesn't stop guys.

OUP is in the quote, above.

NFL? Test for HGH?

Ha, thats a good one.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT