ADVERTISEMENT

It's official: Chip Kelly fired

By the way I don't think I've ever seen Dan Bailey miss a kick. Must be nice to have a kicker.

By the way I don't think I've ever seen Dan Bailey miss a kick. Must be nice to have a kicker.

Agreed, Bailey is one of the few guys where I think it's going in every time. Guy is money.

Djax, you know I was laughing ny ass off when he fumbled that punt. That game sums up Djax and skins. Absolutely perfect and predictable.

You're just being overly negative. Dallas is like 0-100 without Romo. And the Giants you can already pencil in for a minimum of 2 losses. Skins are fine. Chill out. They got it.

Money in the bank.

As a Giants fan, I should have a stake in this, but I'm desperately rooting for all four teams to go 6-10 (3-3).

They wont win it?

Have you seen their sched compared to the Giants? Eagles are done with their remaining sched. Dallas is obviously finished. Washington currently holds tiebreaker over Giants to much superior division record and they'll have to try hard to lose it - basically impossible to lose it. With the tiebreaker likely in hand Washington can clearly clinch the division with 3 more wins. 7-9 may even do it. They dont play 1 team with even a .500 record. Their best opponent left is Buffalo - and its in Wash where they play well. Kind of a process of elimination thing here - Skins take the division. Probably easily. Giants have to play Carolina, @Minn, Jets. Without the tiebreaker its hard to imagine them finishing with a better record than the Skins. Today was the game that was gonna decide it. Basically a FOUR game swing if you think about it. GIants win and they're up 2 and have a sweep, basically up 3 on Washington. Lose the game and they're tied and split but Wash moves to 2-1 div composed to 2-3. I will unload massive units on Skins to take the NFC East on Monday but am hoping the juice isnt too thick. Probably -150 or something. Should be -300 from my view but wont be that large.

Bump

Now it's official. BB2N me all you want but this is where we should discuss this and not in that ******, clean waves thread.

He asked to be let go so he could interview with colleges. Proof is being let go with 1 game left. If Eagles were really firing him, they would do it next Monday.

He asked to be let go so he could interview with colleges. Proof is being let go with 1 game left. If Eagles were really firing him, they would do it next Monday.

We will probably never know the real reason but I would bet everything I own that Lurie went to him and said no more GM and Davis is gone. To me, that is the only explanation for the timing.

Share This Page

We will probably never know the real reason but I would bet everything I own that Lurie went to him and said no more GM and Davis is gone. To me, that is the only explanation for the timing.

Share This Page
He also lied in his press conference by saying he was not in charge of picking personnel. That probably pissed off Lurie, who gave him full control in the off season.

He also lied in his press conference by saying he was not in charge of picking personnel. That probably pissed off Lurie, who gave him full control in the off season.

Could not agree more. That Press Conference was an embarrassment.

so are Eagles fans ready to admit that Andy Reid is a really good football coach?

most I know still deny this.

He is but like anything he wore himself out. He had 13 years. The last few were mired in 8-8 mediocrity and flat out misery. I don't think Eagles would have been better off keeping him.

Reactions: ChuckSullivan97
A BB2N is definitely not in order here.

By the way, the word I used in my post begins with a F and rhymes with maggot. Nice to see that Rivals has employed some bullshit politically correct censoring program to limit my micro aggressions and help me check my privledge, bruh.

I haven't heard Stephen A Smith's scorching hot take yet but I'm going to assume he's happy because the racist was finally fired.

so are Eagles fans ready to admit that Andy Reid is a really good football coach?

most I know still deny this.
As someone who never liked Reid, I won't go so far as to say he was great, but he was really good.

I wonder how much that had to do with the situation. Was it the straw that broke the camels back? Was Lurie ready to give Chip a chance to turn it around, but then he says he's not in charge of personnel, which is a bald faced lie, and Lurie gives him the hook?

There are conflicting stories out there right now, but I'd like to know the real story of what went down.

They should bring in a defensive coach as I think defense has the chance to be the strongest quality of this team if they switch back to a 4-3.

Sean McDermott?

Tack on another 3-5 years of the Eagles being mediocre. Morons. Slowly turning into the Jets of the NFC

Tack on another 3-5 years of the Eagles being mediocre. Morons. Slowly turning into the Jets of the NFC
That is my worry. Jeffrey Lurie has not been running a stable organization the past 4-5 years or so. Way too many power struggles, changes etc. Never good for an owner to be making this many rash decisions.

That is my worry. Jeffrey Lurie has not been running a stable organization the past 4-5 years or so. Way too many power struggles, changes etc. Never good for an owner to be making this many rash decisions.
But he said the Eagles would be the "Gold Standard" of the NFL.

If Howie is sticking around, does this mean he's out from under the bus for Marcus Smith?

Here's my take...

Lurie asked Kelly to lose the GM title. Chip said no. Lurie said bye bye. Reading tea leaves (horrible cliche) -Chip knew he made a mess here and wanted out and was sick of getting his ass ridden daily by the media. Now he is hoping to pick and choose his next job in Tennessee or Indianapolis or something with Mariota or Luck. There he would be willing to not be GM because he wouldnt feel the need to be because he would have his franchise QB in place. No one is gonna hire him as a GM now anyway so he'll have no choice. My guess is he tries to force his way to one of those 2 destinations and if he cant, may go back to college. I'd love to see him try to go to another place like Cleveland with a worse QB situation than what he left behind. The bottom line here is Lurie met with alot of players privately and the overwhelming consensus was the players didnt like the guy - as a coach or person. Combine that with all the personnel moves that exploded in his face and Lurie decided to cut his losses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT