ADVERTISEMENT

It's official: Chip Kelly fired

Is Jeffrey Lurie the stealthiest dumb owner in professional sports?

Gives Ray Rhodes personnel control- disaster.
Gives Andy Reid personnel control after Modrak built the core of a team that was good enough to win Super Bowls- disaster (aside from drafting Westbrook)
Gives Chip Kelly personnel control- disaster

Aside from Belichick, what NFL coach in the free agency era has been a good personnel man? I can't think of one.

Go Eagles tomorrow.

Is Jeffrey Lurie the stealthiest dumb owner in professional sports?

Gives Ray Rhodes personnel control- disaster.
Gives Andy Reid personnel control after Modrak built the core of a team that was good enough to win Super Bowls- disaster (aside from drafting Westbrook)
Gives Chip Kelly personnel control- disaster

Aside from Belichick, what NFL coach in the free agency era has been a good personnel man? I can't think of one.

Go Eagles tomorrow.
CoP Inquirer said this today. Basically implied that his entire 22 year reign would have been an unmitigated disaster if not for McNabb. They're not entirely wrong.

Unless you have someone who is soulless running things, like Belichick, you need to have a layer between personnel and coaching. Having cohesion is one thing, but you need to have someone who is able to make dispassionate decisions.

so the Reid era was a "disaster", huh?

sheesh. you Eagles fans really need a dose of reality if that was your 'disaster'

sheesh. you Eagles fans really need a dose of reality if that was your 'disaster'

No, he is saying that without McNabb his entire tenure as owner would have been a disaster.

I'm a Giants fan. The Andy Reid became a disaster when the core of the team that he didn't draft or sign as free agents started getting old or leaving via free agency. Hugh Douglas, Jeremiah Trotter, Tra Thomas, Jon Runyan, Dawkins, etc. He also had too many misses via the draft, notably Danny Watkins, Jerome McDougle, and Freddie Mitchell.

it must have been rough for Eagles fans to be in the NFC title game a few years in a row. how will they ever be able to recover?

Andy Reid has had 2 losing seasons in his career. One of them was when McNabb got hurt and he had to start MikE McMahon for 8 games. Gr8 coach. solid coach. Not a closer, though.

one of only 4 coaches all time to win 11 or more games 8 or more times. shula, landry, cheating Bellicheck and Andy. Impressive.

Does Gase have pictures on somebody. He has 1 mediocre year as Bears OC, and now he is suddenly the "hot candidate"? The Bears finished 6-10. My guess is that he is getting these interviews only because his season is over and I would be surprised if he gets a HC job. Unless it's someone desperate like Cleveland.

Does Gase have pictures on somebody. He has 1 mediocre year as Bears OC, and now he is suddenly the "hot candidate"? The Bears finished 6-10. My guess is that he is getting these interviews only because his season is over and I would be surprised if he gets a HC job. Unless it's someone desperate like Cleveland.

he was the OC in Denver for their record breaking year.

the Bears were bad this year because of their defense and injuries. Jay Cutler actually had a decent to good season and most of that credit is given to Gase.

Nothing says I want you back Andy more than hiring Doug Pederson. This is like georgetown hiring JTIII.

I think the eagles need a defensive guy, they've had an offensive guy at the helm for 15+ seasons. You still don't have a qb, why not try to build up the defense, draft the kid from memphis, and hire a stud o coordinator.

That or make this this a complete dumpster fire, hire Doug Pederson and sign Manziel,

People are acting like Coughlin is a surefire Hall of Famer. If Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, and George Seifert aren't in the Hall of Fame, I don't think Coughlin should be.

People are acting like Coughlin is a surefire Hall of Famer. If Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, and George Seifert aren't in the Hall of Fame, I don't think Coughlin or eli manning should be.
Fixed

People are acting like Coughlin is a surefire Hall of Famer. If Tom Flores, Jimmy Johnson, and George Seifert aren't in the Hall of Fame, I don't think Coughlin should be.

Coughlin has one thing going for him that those other coaches didn't, success for two different franchises, one being an expansion. Flores, Jimmy Johnson and Seifert couldn't duplicate success once they left.

But I agree, not a sure fire hall of famer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT