ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Love

tomjackleman

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 31, 2015
What's his future in the league? Is a he quality 3rd option going forward? Would any team in contention try to trade for him for a low first round + player(s) package? Does CLE go another year with him as the third of the Big 3? Or is he just getting the Bosh treatment where he doesn't get the ball, but gets most of the blame?

He's only 27 (Will be 28 when next season starts), but he seems older or his body strikes me as being older. Also, he's owed 93.5 million over the next 4 seasons.

My guess is that they could try to move him, especially if they go meekly during the rest of these Finals. However, I think moving him might be difficult/tricky and he'll probably be back in CLV.

He got them 16/10 as a third option in RS and is 17/10 in playoffs. He's been solid, but isn't a good defender. Still, I think he's tough and he plays hard. Not his fault and if people blame him the I think it's mostly misdirected.

Needs an athletic and elite defender at the Five that can make up for his defensive efficiencies, as well as pop outside to free him up to post his defender one on one at times. He's too slow to play in a running offense and needs to play in a Spur's hybrid. I could see maybe a Love for Horford deal working for both teams. He's fit next to Aldridge but they don't have assets they'd want to trade CLE. Would the Knicks deal Melo for him?

Needs to go to the same fat camp that Lowry went to last summer.
070615-cc-espn-body-kevin-love-2.jpg

thats some good photo shopping.

Love is taking 50% of his FGA from 3. thats not good for a 6'10" power forward. Cleveland is such a weird team. Lebron seems to not want to take over games when he should and defers to JR Smith, Love and sometimes Irving. i dont get it. if they dont win this year , which they wont, Lebron opts out and goes elsewhere or they trade Love and maybe even Irving and blow it up.

Love is out for game 3.

bosh was a very good pick and roll defender as a small ball 5 and adequate at the rim

love is a bad pick and roll defender and abysmal at the rim. and now lebron is older, his three point shooting has regressed, and the game has continued to evolve, so his best position is as a point 4, even more so now than then

i never liked the love trade, but wiggins hasn't been anything special. where they really f--ked up was taking bennett instead of noel (only tmac was for antetokounmpo at the time--and he meant at 11)

irving isn't disciplined enough to help, either

sports fans assholes guilted lebron into returning to cleveland. ultimately w/r/t legacy it's just more fodder for future f--face sports fan assholes insisting kobe was better than him

love has had historically great rebounding seasons, makes 3s and is a really good passer

doesn't really jump off the screen as a player you'd want though does he?

okafor doesn't rebound, can't shoot, and can't/won't pass

marinate on that

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
can love hack it defensively? His offense is fine, him shooting threes is fine, but he's exposed time and time again on switched and man to man.

He's a starter in 30 out of 30 teams, but you can't beat GS (or likely OKC) with him seeing playing time.

Someone issue a red card to NovaTras for posting that, yikes. Cringeworthy stuff venturing below the belt like that on this site, not expecting to see that. no coming back to this thread.

can love hack it defensively? His offense is fine, him shooting threes is fine, but he's exposed time and time again on switched and man to man.

He's a starter in 30 out of 30 teams, but you can't beat GS (or likely OKC) with him seeing playing time.

He's not a bad man defender. It's just in the pick and roll where he's totally exposed. He also refuses/is scared of fouling in PnR situations, so he ends up looking even worse when he gets beat. Irving is equally as bad, but somehow manages to escape criticism.

If I was Colangelo I'd offer both back end second round picks and Holmes for Love. Then try and trade Okafor for Knight, the 4th pick, and their next first round pick.

If I was Colangelo I'd offer both back end second round picks and Holmes for Love. Then try and trade Okafor for Knight, the 4th pick, and their next first round pick.

Good call. Might get it down to one second rounder next year, and a future third round protected.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Hey, based on this series his value has dropped down to moving his contract right? I'm clearly being sarcastic.

To be serious for a second, it's easy to scapegoat love after game 3, but Cleveland's level of effort on D is much improved tonight. I don't think it's necessarily addition by subtraction, but that's the easy article to write for the papers so I'd expect to see a few of those tomorrow. JR and Kyrie finding their strokes early I think are much bigger factors.

Also, Curry is way off, even after a good 3rd quarter. I wouldn't be surprised once this series is over if he gets a semi major surgery on his knees or ankles. He's already pulled out of the Olympics.

To be serious for a second, it's easy to scapegoat love after game 3, but Cleveland's level of effort on D is much improved tonight. I don't think it's necessarily addition by subtraction, but that's the easy article to write for the papers so I'd expect to see a few of those tomorrow. JR and Kyrie finding their strokes early I think are much bigger factors.

Also, Curry is way off, even after a good 3rd quarter. I wouldn't be surprised once this series is over if he gets a semi major surgery on his knees or ankles. He's already pulled out of the Olympics.
And LBJ finding his shot again of course.

Being white is a detriment to being good at basketball. Unless you're Archie Diacono.

Cleveland needs to call Danny Ainge and get the third pick and another player for Love. It's a trade both teams would make and win-win. Cleveland can grab Murray at 3. Not sure Lebron goes for it because he probably doesn't see much value in an 18 year old kid but worth a shot.

on a team with lebron and irving, all love really has to offer offensively is 3 point shooting and offensive rebounding

and those two things are mutually exclusive, really

jordan is a shit gm. lebron is a shit pseudo-gm

Reactions: tomjackleman
Cleveland needs to call Danny Ainge and get the third pick and another player for Love. It's a trade both teams would make and win-win. Cleveland can grab Murray at 3. Not sure Lebron goes for it because he probably doesn't see much value in an 18 year old kid but worth a shot.
People keep saying Boston - why?

People keep saying Boston - why?
Makes complete sense for both teams. Love is exactly what they need and he'll thrive there. Cleveland can cut their losses and use the asset. Murray as another shooter would help extend Lebron. He can move to a 4. Throw in another veteran wing/big and it helps them in two ways.

Makes complete sense for both teams. Love is exactly what they need and he'll thrive there. Cleveland can cut their losses and use the asset. Murray as another shooter would help extend Lebron. He can move to a 4. Throw in another veteran wing/big and it helps them in two ways.
I think it's more that he's white, and Boston loves white athletes. He's proven to not be a superstar in today's NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT