ADVERTISEMENT

LizReed - golf lesson advice

whitecat, i have heard pebble as a golf course is very overrated and the course is just about the views. never played Pine or Merion and most likely never will which fine with me.

id like to get out to oregon to play some of the courses out there which are supposed to be great and sounds crazy but Pete Dye but a few courses in French Lick Indiana that held the Sr major last year that looked incredible. goes to 8200 yards cause he said he doesnt want the course to be outdated 20 years after he dies. not sure anyone can play at that length. maybe 20-30 tour pros tops.

http://www.oregonlive.com/northwest-life/index.ssf/golf/oregons-top-10-golf-courses.html

what numbers are the quarry holes at Merion? funny thing is the only other course Wilson did was Cobbs. and his understudy Flynn did Rolling green which i like.

I ordered on Friday so they should be here by this weekend the latest. My next couple weekends are pretty busy though so not sure when I will be able to get out for a round. Either way, I am going to the range a couple times a week so I am still getting in my swings.
what numbers are the quarry holes at Merion? funny thing is the only other course Wilson did was Cobbs. and his understudy Flynn did Rolling green which i like.

NovaHoops xxxx,

When you practice have a specific swing thought in mind. Without one you are just beating balls. The quarry holes on the East are 16, 17, and 18. The last time I played
the East I deuced 17; I couldn't reach it today from the whites. PB has some great holes, but the views on some holes are spectacular. Yet, people fill the place every day.

NovaHoops xxxx,

When you practice have a specific swing thought in mind. Without one you are just beating balls. The quarry holes on the East are 16, 17, and 18. The last time I played
the East I deuced 17; I couldn't reach it today from the whites. PB has some great holes, but the views on some holes are spectacular. Yet, people fill the place every day.
Yeah whitecat - that is why I got lessons. He completely remade my swing so now I know what i need to do to make a proper golf swing. When I go to the range all I concentrate on is trying to repeat that swing over and over again.

I used to think I had somewhat of a plan when I went to the range but now I definitely do.

Picked up the clubs yesterday and wow what a difference. I am just upset I can't get out there to play right away since I am going to Vegas this weekend and next weekend most likely down the shore. Might try and squeeze in a round over the 4th weekend.

Picked up the clubs yesterday and wow what a difference. I am just upset I can't get out there to play right away since I am going to Vegas this weekend and next weekend most likely down the shore. Might try and squeeze in a round over the 4th weekend.
Shadow Creek is one of the best courses in the country. Man up.

Congrats on the new clubs!

Played a last minute round yesterday afternoon at a course I've never played here in Boston - played horribly - so pissed. My short game blew chunks, which usually saves me and then I couldn't get off the tee on the back nine - a recipe for a horrid round

Playing tomorrow in a one day member guest, hope I redeem myself

Arak, I"ll be looking to play down the shore over the 4th. Need to be very early so I can get back.

Bump. Did Arak get out in Vegas?
Negative. Didn't make it to Top Golf either. Pretty much just ate, drank, creeped around, and gambled all weekend. Tables were not kind to me at all but I hit a $25 bet on 15 on literally my last bet of the trip to get it all back.

Arak, I"ll be looking to play down the shore over the 4th. Need to be very early so I can get back.
adp - I am only going to be down at a friends place Saturday AM and heading back Sunday. I am tentatively scheduled to be down the shore for a week with the family in Avalon from September 3 - 10 though.

adp - I am only going to be down at a friends place Saturday AM and heading back Sunday. I am tentatively scheduled to be down the shore for a week with the family in Avalon from September 3 - 10 though.
I'll be down through Labor Day and will absolutely be playing Saturday 3 with guys from Nova. We'll play around 10 somewhere near AC, probably Mays Landing. You are more than welcome to join us if you're interested.

Played my first round of the year on Sunday and it was easily the best and most enjoyable round of my life. I had 2 birdies and 3 pars, and if it were not for 2 errant drives and then 2 other drives just off the fairway which I couldn't find that led to 2 8s and 2 7s I would have broken 90. My biggest problem besides the short game (pitches, chips) was my distance controls. I am still getting used to my new irons. I overshot the green 3 times from 140 yards or so in with my PW. I need more time at range to get the distances down.

I hit the best shot of my life - a 9 iron on a 158 yard par 3 to within 2 feet for a tap in birdie. It was right on line and with a couple more rotations could have been a hole in one.

My friends were shocked and how far along my game has come. I did not duff or toe 1 shot the whole round, everything was pure, solid contact. It felt like it was the first time in my life I actually played a real round of golf.

Reactions: danmcguire
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT