ADVERTISEMENT

My new gym pet peeve

I was doing DL's at the gym last night and I didn't have the best form to be honest, was on my last set and got a little lazy. This bro walks up to me after I'm done and asks if he can give me a pointer, before I even responded he was grasping the bar and doing a rep showing me the proper form. To top if all off he was in a poofy looking tank top and shorts with about a 5 inch inseam.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
I was doing DL's at the gym last night and I didn't have the best form to be honest, was on my last set and got a little lazy. This bro walks up to me after I'm done and asks if he can give me a pointer, before I even responded he was grasping the bar and doing a rep showing me the proper form. To top if all off he was in a poofy looking tank top and shorts with about a 5 inch inseam.

In his defense, your "not the best form and got a little lazy" is exactly when a person gets hurt.

I do not defend the outfit though.

In his defense, your "not the best form and got a little lazy" is exactly when a person gets hurt.

I do not defend the outfit though.
True - I think he was just trying to be a nice guy. But I have never talked to the guy before. It was just a little odd that he jumped in like that.

True - I think he was just trying to be a nice guy. But I have never talked to the guy before. It was just a little odd that he jumped in like that.

Depending on severity of the motion, I have helped a person or two in my days if I see they are out of whack and in danger of the pain-train.

No way, you've been in the cop too long. Gyms in CODB or dc are loaded with men seeking men. It's a common deal. You get more grunter and meatheads in the cop. Yoy shouldn't assume these guys are giving ladies tips. Very insensitive of you and frankly I'm surprised given your usual stance of defending whatever is the cause or hashtag of the day.

Reactions: Greg Woodward
Fair point. Ever since b70 left us, I've been letting my muscle grind game slip.

Buckeye_Prairie.JPG

Reactions: Greg Woodward
I'm on vacation and have been using the villa's fitness center. It's decent except when it comes to free weights. No barbell, no squat rack, and some of the dumb bells are labeled with the incorrect weight. And only one bench.

Older guy is monopolizing the bench this morning.

First he changes the TV channel from ESPN to Golf channel without asking anyone.

Then when it looked like he was done with the bench (doing some stupid tricep exercise lying on his back with a dumb bell over his head that had about a 1-inch range of motion), he drapes his towel back over the bench, leaves the room (presumably to take a dump as he was gone about 7 minutes - too long for just a piss), and then comes back to resume lifting on the bench.

I easily could have thrown his towel on the floor and started using the bench / risking a confrontation, but him being mentioned in this thread is good enough.

Then when it looked like he was done with the bench (doing some stupid tricep exercise lying on his back with a dumb bell over his head that had about a 1-inch range of motion), he drapes his towel back over the bench, leaves the room (presumably to take a dump as he was gone about 7 minutes - too long for just a piss), and then comes back to resume lifting on the bench.

Or he may have gone into the sauna to jerk off.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I'm on vacation and have been using the villa's fitness center. It's decent except when it comes to free weights. No barbell, no squat rack, and some of the dumb bells are labeled with the incorrect weight. And only one bench.

First he changes the TV channel from ESPN to Golf channel without asking anyone.

I easily could have thrown his towel on the floor and started using the bench / risking a confrontation, but him being mentioned in this thread is good enough.
I have a problem with all of this except changing the channel to the golf channel.

1) Are you visiting rockybob in The Villas?
2) This happens everywhere. Nut up and deal with it. Neatly place the towel on another rack/equipment or fold and place on floor. As soon as he comes back, say "hope you don't mind if I work in". 99% of the time, they'll say not a problem. For the others...
1f5253abc49fd6db139ecd6a9c38f97d.280x228x27.gif

Pipsqueak was at it again today.

The day after his nonsensical bench routine, he was doing pushups with a 45 and 35 plates on his back. Could knock out about six of them. Then onto the shoulder press machine. The entire stack with the spotter helping on every rep.

To top it off, clad in a Superman tank-top.

Lady on the bike in front of me. Not pedaling at all; just taking 5-6 selfies from different angles. Moved onto the stairmaster. Knocked out 3-4 minutes. Then moved onto the thigh abductor. Taking more selfies then admiring each one as she "worked out"

1) Are you visiting rockybob in The Villas?
2) This happens everywhere. Nut up and deal with it. Neatly place the towel on another rack/equipment or fold and place on floor. As soon as he comes back, say "hope you don't mind if I work in". 99% of the time, they'll say not a problem. For the others...
1f5253abc49fd6db139ecd6a9c38f97d.280x228x27.gif
You don't see textbook DDTs like this anymore. God damn that is beautiful.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Update: I just smacked that bitch dirk around the parking lot tonight. I give that homo credit for showing up but feel bad I had to kick his ass in front of his wife and kids.

Come to think of it, the sauna was out of service all week until today...

Anyway, I don't mess with old dudes, no matter how easily I could drop them like first period French. One time at Windham an oldster threatened me with assault just for cutting in front of him on the lift line for being too slow. You should have heard this guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT