ADVERTISEMENT

Nats can't even get a bobble head right

Is this for real? Not sure if the 5 story banner commemorating that HR in a series that turned into an epic choke job was worse (at least they took it down), or this. Has to be Rizzo, holding on to something, trying to live in those hours before Game 5 a few years ago.

Some bobble head replacement ideas:

Desmond butchering a routine grounder.

Tough guy Rizzo bare chested arm wrestling a Phillies fan in jorts

Right Lowry, like pat Burrell wall of fame night.

Right Lowry, like pat Burrell wall of fame night.

You're really comparing the 2? Don't see any difference between a bobble head commemorating an ultimate choke job and honoring someone's career even if that person was kind of a dick who was closer to a stiff than a star?

The holding onto something part, absolutely. As for the nats, that is the on field franchise highlight to this point. They haven't won anything in the franchise history. Which makes the frontrunner comments puzzling but you get the point. We are talking about a franchise that has never won even a playoff series.

Some bobble head replacement ideas:

Desmond butchering a routine grounder.

Tough guy Rizzo bare chested arm wrestling a Phillies fan in jorts

A bobble head of Gio throwing 108 pitches in 4 1/3 innings of a meaningful game.

Strasburg sitting on a bench with an October calendar pinned behind him.

A Ryan Zimmerman bobble arm.

The holding onto something part, absolutely. As for the nats, that is the on field franchise highlight to this point. They haven't won anything in the franchise history. Which makes the frontrunner comments puzzling but you get the point. We are talking about a franchise that has never won even a playoff series.

Because you ignored the six 65-97 seasons and decided to join in once they broke .500 with projected "stars" on the horizon.

Because you ignored the six 65-97 seasons and decided to join in once they broke .500 with projected "stars" on the horizon.
Who would pay attention to a new team that wins 65 games (by looks of the games, obviously not current Phillie fans) when the team you grew up loving was finally a winner? You're not making sense here. Either way, I violate one of your rules.

Just had to look it up....in the 46 years of franchise existence they have 0 world series appearances. When they had the best record in baseball 1994, the players went on strike.

Who would pay attention to a new team that wins 65 games (by looks of the games, obviously not current Phillie fans) when the team you grew up loving was finally a winner? You're not making sense here. Either way, I violate one of your rules.

A resident of DC who loves baseball and understands that one day the team will be respectable.

You continue to bring up Phillies' fans on a whole. Why? I watch and support the Philliez whether they win 90 games or 60. This is an individual discussion, not a fan base one. Pay attention better.

A resident of DC who loves baseball and understands that one day the team will be respectable.

You continue to bring up Phillies' fans on a whole. Why? I watch and support the Philliez whether they win 90 games or 60. This is an individual discussion, not a fan base one. Pay attention better.
Because it's enjoyable the Phillies and their "fans" have reverted back to what they've always been: awful.

Because it's enjoyable the Phillies and their "fans" have reverted back to what they've always been: awful.

Then start a thread about it, but that had nothing to do with me or this discussion. Unlike you I'm on board when good and when bad.

Then start a thread about it, but that had nothing to do with me or this discussion. Unlike you I'm on board when good and when bad.
I'm on board with the Nats and they suck right now. Just re-upped my tix last week. So you can tell your story walking. Try walking to the Bank for a game because no one appears to be going.

The Nsts don't suck right now. They're just underachieving according to most people who analyze this sport.

That's probably worse than simply being inept like the Phillies.

You mean like 2009, 2010 and 2011?

Yea, they won the division in all of those years. Went to WS in one. Went to NLCS in another. At least they won some series. Yea, and conveniently leave out 2008. We know how that ended.

Meanwhile, that Nats have been heavy favorites the last 4 years and will more than likely miss the playoffs twice and have yet to win a series.

Please, no comparison here.

Ok, so division titles matter only when the Phillies flame out early in the playoffs but the other teams choke if they don't win it all. I'll look forward to that update in the latest installment of sports rules by Burrs.

Ok, so division titles matter only when the Phillies flame out early in the playoffs but the other teams choke if they don't win it all. I'll look forward to that update in the latest installment of sports rules by Burrs.

Actually, I have always said the Phillies came up small in 11 and 12.

Again, no comparison here. Nats have done nothing but shit the bed. Really nothing. At least the Phillies won it once and went serve in other years. Heck, at least they win the division when favored. The Nats have shit themselves in that regard twice. All facts here, brother.

The Phillies have shit the bed for over 100 years, the Nats for 10. Let's see it play out a bit before we declare the Hinkie, I mean Rizzo era, a failure.

The Phillies have shit the bed for over 100 years, the Nats for 10. Let's see it play out a bit before we declare the Hinkie, I mean Rizzo era, a failure.

I didn't think you'd have a comeback. That Dmil was correct with your goalposts moving ability. Special talent.

Yoy don't like having your rules applied to cop teams. We get it. As for my talent, thank you. We all have bills to pay.

It's about expectations. No one cares that the Phillies were terrible 70 years ago.

The Nats were supposed to dominate the NL East after the inevitable decline of the Phillies. They have come up small to say the least. Which is surprising given that Rizzo invented the game.

Yoy don't like having your rules applied to cop teams. We get it. As for my talent, thank you. We all have bills to pay.

What are you talking about? What rules? Please, elaborate....

Why do the Phillies suck so badly? You guys really going to go 1-18 vs. the Mets.

Anytime a thread gets burrs and adp arguing the rules of fandom is doing its job.

Adp is on tilt BTW. He's taking the Nats failure this season hard.

Why do the Phillies suck so badly? You guys really going to go 1-18 vs. the Mets.

Yes, I said this last week. The good thing is that they'll beat the Nats a few times to put some of the final nails in the coffin.

About tonight, but I thought Sandberg was back in the dugout when PM allowed Francoeur to bat with the bases loaded and no outs in the 9th. Rolls into DP to pretty much seal it.

Anytime a thread gets burrs and adp arguing the rules of fandom is doing its job.

Adp is on tilt BTW. He's taking the Nats failure this season hard.

Blame the Phillies for not beating the Mets is so typical. I bet you Rizzo is muttering the same nonsense. Just accept responsibility for your own piss-poor efforts.

It's amazing how much people care about what baseball team ADP roots for. It's a game. People who take others' fandom this seriously are closet autograph collectors

It's amazing how much people care about what baseball team ADP roots for. It's a game. People who take others' fandom this seriously are closet autograph collectors
This.
And yes, blaming the pathetic Phillies is clearly diversion. Own your crap, the Nats have dug their own grave. Last night another prime example. Bullpen gives up 5 runs with 2 out in the 7th. If only Matt Williams had a pulse.

Here is a fact for you. I have never asked for an autograph in my life. Not as a 10-year old, 14-year old, or as an adult.

The ADP stuff has taken on a life of its own around here. Having some fun with it, so look for another theory, bro.

Here is a fact for you. I have never asked for an autograph in my life. Not as a 10-year old, 14-year old, or as an adult.

The ADP stuff has taken on a life of its own around here. Having some fun with it, so look for another theory, bro.

I doubt anyone on 4.6 is actually an autograph collector - i'm saying this kind of behavior matches that

It's all in good fun.

adp had a history of puffing out his chest about how the Nats were supposed to be the next coming of the '27 Yankees and how the Phillies and their fans are pathetic despite their recent success. See: "Here comes the run," "Kids running around the house," etc.

So some ballbreaking is to be expected given that the Nats have come up so small in comparison to expectations. The Nats were supposed to dominate the NL East for years. Not only have they not won a single playoff series, but now they can't even make the playoffs. Yet adp continues to belittle a franchise that has actually won something.

Add that to adp's reputation as a bandwagon jumper and you can see why this is a frequent topic of conversation.

It's all in good fun.

adp had a history of puffing out his chest about how the Nats were supposed to be the next coming of the '27 Yankees and how the Phillies and their fans are pathetic despite their recent success. See: "Here comes the run," "Kids running around the house," etc.

So some ballbreaking is to be expected given that the Nats have come up so small in comparison to expectations. The Nats were supposed to dominate the NL East for years. Not only have they not won a single playoff series, but now they can't even make the playoffs. Yet adp continues to belittle a franchise that has actually won something.

Add that to adp's reputation as a bandwagon jumper and you can see why this is a frequent topic of conversation.

This was a good one.....

94, laughable post. Y ou guys have sucks forever, won one world series and 25 years and blown for the bulk of them. 5 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES. We have line ups posted for a few years. Yoy guys acted like the 27 yankees couldnt win 5 STRAight division titles. Please, your fans didn't show up for years and your team blew. Now back to normal and we only see you start threads about the nats, a team that has won nothing in thier history. And I know this, but I don't play so don't care.

Last edited:
94, laughable post. Y ou guys have sucks forever, won one world series and 25 years and blown for the bulk of them. 5 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES. Please, your fans didn't show up for years and your team blew. Now back to normal.
Your team has 1 more playoff game win (not series, of which they have none) than the Phillies have World Series Championships. The Phillies 5 STRAIGHT DIVISION TITLES, as you put it, is 2 more than the entire Expos/Nationals franchise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT