Jul 24, 2001
Danny Green 4-45 Spurs
DeMarre Carroll to Toronto 4-60
Brook Lopez 3-60 Nets
Dragic 5-90 Heat
Lillard 5-120 Blazers
MGasol to resign with Memphis supposedly
Aldridge leaning toward Spurs

Lopez 3 for $60M , Dragic - 5 for $90M? really? thats a ton for an avg C and PG. is Billy King now GM of Miami too?

So Lakers go after Love if Aldridge signs with Spurs?

Kevin Love is a poor fit alongside Randle. Neither guy can defend a lawn chair. They are both PF's as well. Love would get beaten off the dribble repeatedly by small forwards and Randle doesnt shoot well enough to play the 3.

You're gonna see all kinds of what look to be absurd contracts this offseason considering the cap goes way up next year and the deals may look kind in comparison to what we'll see in the future.

Kevin Love is a poor fit alongside Randle. Neither guy can defend a lawn chair. They are both PF's as well. Love would get beaten off the dribble repeatedly by small forwards and Randle doesnt shoot well enough to play the 3.

Let's make a 3 team trade then:

Lakers get: Demarcus Cousins
Kings get: Julius Randle, Nerlens Noel, Saric and Sixers 1st.
Sixers get: D'Angelo Russell

Not even sure if what I did is even allowed, but it looks great in theory....

The Sixers cannot trade Noel currently. Until they see Embiid play it's nuts to do so. Cant see how the Sixers get Russell without trading Okafor, but I have no doubts LA is still trying to get Cousins since it doesnt look like they'll get Aldridge.

Can't believe this has already turned into a CoP trade scenario of one of the 1st round picks of the last 3 years.

i would not give up Noel Saric and a #1 for Russell. id give up Saric and #1 or Noel and #1 not both.

carroll went to Mizzou and played for the Hawks.

i love the NBA, they sign these players to a huge contract then three years later try and trade the contract. and when that contract is set to expire that player has the highest value. Cap Space is the best FA in the NBA.

i would not give up Noel Saric and a #1 for Russell. id give up Saric and #1 or Noel and #1 not both.

Doubtful that will be enough. Who's #1 would you be giving up is the question. It would have to be the Sixers own #1 since that would likely be the highest. Or the Lakers #1 at worst.

Splitter traded to Hawks (probably to clear room for Aldridge).

trade whatever is the higher pick, Sixers, Lakers, Heat , OKC.

i think Okafur will be very very good. Russell im not sure. too inconsistent a shooter. scouts love him cause he is 6'5" over any of his skills.

im surprised by that, i thought he would go west for sure. he really didnt fit in Cleveland with Lebron. but money talks.

Sixers beat writer Kevin Pompey seems to think the team is toying with the idea of offering Brandon Knight a 70M contract. I was reticent about this but it's not a terrible move if they decided to do so. He's 24 yrs old and a guy who is just outside of all-star caliber who would be in line with growing with other young guys. Good size for the position, solid shooter, solid scorer (18 ppg last yr). They need to spend some $ eventually. A guy like him would make some sense. 70M seems like a ton but the guy is young and does play a position of great need. And again, 70M going forward with the new cap isnt going to be outrageous $ for a 24 yr old player. Phoenix wants to keep him but they're already got Bledsoe on a max contract and they play the same position. They could be outbid, potentially. Signing a guy like Knight would probably remove the Sixers from the Ben Simmons sweepstakes in what looks like a 1-player draft. Not sure Hinkie is willing to remove himself from that contest.

Loves options basically were:

1) Go home to LA, for less $, lose a bunch of games

Or:

2) Stay in Clev, make more $, and win titles

Tough call.

Sixers beat writer Kevin Pompey seems to think the team is toying with the idea of offering Brandon Knight a 70M contract. I was reticent about this but it's not a terrible move if they decided to do so. He's 24 yrs old and a guy who is just outside of all-star caliber who would be in line with growing with other young guys. Good size for the position, solid shooter, solid scorer (18 ppg last yr). They need to spend some $ eventually. A guy like him would make some sense. 70M seems like a ton but the guy is young and does play a position of great need. And again, 70M going forward with the new cap isnt going to be outrageous $ for a 24 yr old player. Phoenix wants to keep him but they're already got Bledsoe on a max contract and they play the same position. They could be outbid, potentially. Signing a guy like Knight would probably remove the Sixers from the Ben Simmons sweepstakes in what looks like a 1-player draft. Not sure Hinkie is willing to remove himself from that contest.

Knight re-signs with PHX - 5 yrs, 70 mill.

J Butler back to Chicago. 5-95M.

Tristan Thompson about to resign for 5-80.

This is a reason why I like NBA better than NHL. There is actually roster consistency among the good teams, not overhaul seemingly every 2 yrs. Hockey is a carousel unless you're a superstar.

Just curious - as you did this last year - why do you say next year is a one player draft ? Makes no sense to say that before any of the freshmen step on the floor for their college teams.

Welp there that goes. 140M tied up to 2 PGs for Suns. They also got Tyson Chandler, something they sorely needed. Interior defensive presence.

And they are apparently going hard after Aldridge now? Hard to believe they have enough cap space. NBA is funny..

Just curious - as you did this last year - why do you say next year is a one player draft ? Makes no sense to say that before any of the freshmen step on the floor for their college teams.

Never said this year was a one player draft. I talked at length about Okafor and Mudiay last offseason. That right there is 2 players.

Next year, unless some frosh guards come out of nowhere, appears to be a 1 player draft - on the Sixers end. The other most promising prospects are big men - something they dont need.

This is widely regarded as one of the weaker crop of freshmen in recent years - outside of Simmons, who has it all.

And they are apparently going hard after Aldridge now? Hard to believe they have enough cap space. NBA is funny..

Cant see how Aldridge would choose Phx over hometown Texas-based teams like SA, Dall, Hou. SA and Dallas would likely offer him the same $ as Phx. Sounds like a leverage play. If indeed Phx somehow got Aldridge I'd see no way they can keep Bledsoe at his $ on top of Knight, Chandler, Aldridge. I'd kick the tires on Bledsoe for sure if I were the Sixers.

Last edited:
Cleveland not winning the title without Love/Irving gave both parties involved incentive to stay together.
one or the other and they'd have won it this year. didn't need both, but it certainly will help.

i dont see the Sixers taking on large contracts like Bledsoe for a few more years. Hinkie is all about building through the and saving the owners money on salary. i would be the sixers sign nobody during Free Agency and if they do it will be low level players with low level contracts. they just let go Henry Sims and Glen Robinson III.

Jameer Nelson. This is the type of guy I think we are looking at. Maybe Lou Williams. Maybe.

I can see them taking a shot on a guy like Cory Joseph, maybe Gerald Green, but in reality I think they end up with a David Lee on the team (GS needs to free up salary for Green) or another vet. I'd like Rasual Butler as a shooter. But once Butler and Leonard were locks to their respective teams I didn't want them to spend on dreck like Ellis, Rondo, Carroll, etc.

It's awesome the Lakers are missing on everyone. I could see them ending up with Greg Monroe and Rondo. I want them to get a few mediocre players to ensure their pick falls in the 5-10 range and not a top 3 pick.

Gdog definitely said the 2015 draft would suck in 2014.

Why is russell worth multiple top 10 picks - one being a guy who is considered one of the best 1st year defensive big men of the last 20 years? He is clearly going to be good but that's a huge bet on a Big 10 product.

Aldridge had an all star level pg, wes matthews one of the best 3 point shooters in the league, nic batum who is kinda like demarre carrolll in 3&D abilities, and some above average bigmen around him. I think Aldridge is incredibly skilled at 6'11 but definitely has a lot to prove. Of course if the Spurs get him him and Kawhi will dominate for a decade though

Gdog definitely said the 2015 draft would suck in 2014.

Why is russell worth multiple top 10 picks - one being a guy who is considered one of the best 1st year defensive big men of the last 20 years? He is clearly going to be good but that's a huge bet on a Big 10 product.

Aldridge had an all star level pg, wes matthews one of the best 3 point shooters in the league, nic batum who is kinda like demarre carrolll in 3&D abilities, and some above average bigmen around him. I think Aldridge is incredibly skilled at 6'11 but definitely has a lot to prove. Of course if the Spurs get him him and Kawhi will dominate for a decade though

I said the draft wasnt deep b/c we were comparing it to the draft that just happened. Even the Sixers GM called this a "3 player draft". And if this years draft wasnt deep, holy sh*t, wait til you check out next years.

I can see them taking a shot on a guy like Cory Joseph, maybe Gerald Green, but in reality I think they end up with a David Lee on the team (GS needs to free up salary for Green) or another vet. I'd like Rasual Butler as a shooter. But once Butler and Leonard were locks to their respective teams I didn't want them to spend on dreck like Ellis, Rondo, Carroll, etc.

It's awesome the Lakers are missing on everyone. I could see them ending up with Greg Monroe and Rondo. I want them to get a few mediocre players to ensure their pick falls in the 5-10 range and not a top 3 pick.

David Lee? Signing him wont be that cheap, by the way. Do you see the $ being thrown around? And he's really not a fit here. He's a PF. Gerald Green and Cory Joseph? Perhaps. Decent names.

The new cap is really killing the Sixers. Taking away all the leverage they created by dumping all the high priced vets. Wonder if genius boy Sam saw this coming in his numbers machine.

#CapSpace

Reactions: NickleDimer
David Lee? Signing him wont be that cheap, by the way. Do you see the $ being thrown around? And he's really not a fit here. He's a PF. Gerald Green and Cory Joseph? Perhaps. Decent names.

I don't want to sign Lee. He has one more year left on his deal. I want to trade for him and have his presence on the squad for a year. Get a future 1st round pick, say 2018 or 2019 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT