ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Free Agency

Greg Monroe to Milw 3-50M

Another whiff for the Lakers in search of a big man. Aldridge. Check. Love. Check. Monroe. Check.

I said the draft wasnt deep b/c we were comparing it to the draft that just happened. Even the Sixers GM called this a "3 player draft". And if this years draft wasnt deep, holy sh*t, wait til you check out next years.

I agree with you at first glance but guys always emerge - such as D'Angelo Russell. We'll see - no way to say if Russell is actually that good until November anyway

Stauskas can shoot. Excited to see what he can do with a green light. Brown will love him.

Obviously the real win is the draft picks.

"Sac traded slew of assets to get space they don't know they'll be able to spend on players they don't know will be worth it."

As frustrating as the Hinkie plan has been (he was hired in May 2013), you can see the logic and now you are even seeing progression. With the pick swaps, Hinkie can look at the Kings struggling and say "we can make the playoffs and still get a top draft pick". At least i hope.

I'm in for one more tank year and then it's time to win in '16-17.
I believe the majority of Sixers fans are with Hinkie. Who wants to the 6th in the East.

Could be fun in Philly in a few years.

Wes Matthews to Dallas.

Vlade Divac = total fail.

Next time you gut future assets perhaps make sure someone actually wants to play for your team first? Good grief.

I will die laughing if the Kings get the #1 pick next year.

At the end off the day, it's staukus, who blows and a protected pick in 18 for a salary dump. It's a goof trade. However, it doesn't offsets the bad - unlucky draft or tank job. Thats what seems to be missing. In isolation good move. Combine it with the draft, the roster next year and it's more of the same. Hinkie kicked the can and bought himself more security. It's a single because you are using the cap space to aquire another protected pick. Good move bUT not the huge haul it's made out to be. The right to swap picks the next two years looks great on paper but has very little probability of happening given the Sixers are trying to stink and kings actually want to win games. You are basically assuming ther lottery odds but it's not like the Sixers will be picking below 4 either of the next two years. Maybe sac gets lucky and you move up a spot or two. Most likely nothing but it looks good on paper.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Well ADP that's a broad assumption. You think the Sixers are a lock to have a top 4 pick the next two years? You realize they play in the East right? Look at the league right now, specifically the West. The Sixers might end up having more wins than the Lakers, the Kings, the Nuggets, and potentially the Jazz. In the East they might end up having more wins than the Knicks (I'd bet on that one easily), the Pistons, the Hornets, and the Magic. Say what you want about the team, but adding Okafor, Landry, Thompson, Stauskas, McRae, and bringing back healthy Wroten and Jackson gives them a true upgrade on the roster. They won't be rotating dreck in and out of the starting line up or rotation anymore.

And you're wrong about it not being a huge haul. The Sixers didn't take on a contract like Deron Williams' contract. They took on two relatively smaller contracts and got back the 8th pick in last year's draft (you can say he blows but his second of the half of the season showed a lot of improvement - worst case he's a shooter off the bench which they need), a future first round pick from a perennial loser, and the right to swap picks in the next two years, years that the Sixers should improve and the Kings get worse, is a true HAUL. Because they gave up NOTHING in the deal. They took on money that they needed to take on anyhow to help try and meet the floor.

Oh and the Kings have now turned their attention to Josh Smith and Sweet Lou Williams. Yeah, those guys are really worth giving up Stauskas, a future 1st, and the right to swap picks.

Stauskas blows? You came to that conclusion already, ADP? You do realize he would be heading into his senior season in college right? It's a stretch to write him off already considering he just played one season for a franchise that went thru 3 coaches in a season. Stauskas was never gonna be the type of guy to come in and light the league on fire right away. I see no reason he can't have a JJ Redick sort of career. Redick also started very slowly adjusting to the speed of the NBA. And he played 4 years in college. Stauskas played 2.

Are the number of years of college experience ever relevant in the NBA?

Um. Yes? Of course it is. He's not a finished product yet. His jump from frosh to soph year was massive. Not unrealistic to think he can make more jumps in his game.

Top picks flame out all the time at the nba level. Staukus is another top 10 pick who will have an undistinguished career. Happens to a loaf of guys. Maybe he turns into a useful rotation guy at some point. However let's not splash a keyboard because he's a top 10 pick. He couldn't play in sacremento, this wasn't the spurs rotation he was trying male

You are not aware of the plan. Yes, they will blow the next two seasons. That is the plan. Make a wager they never swap picks. It was a solid trade as they gave up nothing. They got a protexted pick and staukus for a salary dump that costs the Sixers nothing. I get it. It will give them another pick 3 years from now. We should be in year 6 of the rebuild..maybe we'll be .500 that point. I'm giddy.

QUOTE="obriend1, post: 134520, member: 1420"]Well ADP that's a broad assumption. You think the Sixers are a lock to have a top 4 pick the next two years? You realize they play in the East right? Look at the league right now, specifically the West. The Sixers might end up having more wins than the Lakers, the Kings, the Nuggets, and potentially the Jazz. In the East they might end up having more wins than the Knicks (I'd bet on that one easily), the Pistons, the Hornets, and the Magic. Say what you want about the team, but adding Okafor, Landry, Thompson, Stauskas, McRae, and bringing back healthy Wroten and Jackson gives them a true upgrade on the roster. They won't be rotating dreck in and out of the starting line up or rotation anymore.

And you're wrong about it not being a huge haul. The Sixers didn't take on a contract like Deron Williams' contract. They took on two relatively smaller contracts and got back the 8th pick in last year's draft (you can say he blows but his second of the half of the season showed a lot of improvement - worst case he's a shooter off the bench which they need), a future first round pick from a perennial loser, and the right to swap picks in the next two years, years that the Sixers should improve and the Kings get worse, is a true HAUL. Because they gave up NOTHING in the deal. They took on money that they needed to take on anyhow to help try and meet the floor.[/QUOTE]

It's way too early to say one way or another on Stauskas. Well aware guys in the top 10 often don't work out. Not playing a ton straight away over Collison, McLemore, Gay is probably to be expected. Factor in all the coaching changes and the fact that Stauskas was expected to not set the league on fire as a rookie anyway. We will find out plenty this yr because he's gonna play a decent amount. Not being in the western conf won't hurt. Just saying to write the book on him off last yr's circumstances is a bit silly. There are quite a few teams who were trying to get Stauskas from the Kings FWIW.

DeAndre goes home to Dallas. Big signing for their crappy defense. Knicks with another no man's land signing of Robin Lopez. He will go well with Afflalfo in taking them to the ceiling of 28-30 wins with no upside and the 10th pick in drafts.

Adding Stauskas even after the disappointing rookie season is the equivalent of adding no worse than the average mid 1st round pick. His potential is definitely less than it appeared to be but he still has a shot

That's a pretty good way to like at it. Kind of like having a late lottery pick in this year's draft. A pick they should've gotten from Miami.

I agree and that's my point. At best ges a guy that turns into a useful player. Maybe he's a second unit shooter. EssentI ally a dime a dozen. I don't careally where they picked him. SO when you analyse the trade, if no pick swap occurs in the next two seasons, and that Is unlikely, you get at best a rotation guy and xprotecyed picks 3 years from now. Good trade but the lotion can sTay on the desk. It's a dump and we got modest pay off using tj e cap space. So all this tanking a d shedding got toy Okafor, a guy with upside as a rotation guy and a protected pick a long time from now. Not a lot of progrest made during year 2 of the tank. Take emotion out of it and look at the totality of the moves

Reggie Jackson. 80 million.

I must kill the Queen. No, not that THAT Reggie Jackson.

#TheF*ck
#YaSeriousPistons?

Reggie Jackson. 80 million.

I must kill the Queen. No, not that THAT Reggie Jackson.

#TheF*ck
#YaSeriousPistons?
seen_04.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT