ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Playoffs

Pretty bad shooting night for James - 7-22. Delly 3-14 ouch, Shumpert 2-9 ouch, Smith 2-12 ouch. Perkins/Jones off the bench 0-5. 33%.

The additional day off will help CLV, but not sure it will be enough.

GS going small was a great move. Inserting Lee was another good move. GS sacrificed the glass a little to speed the game up and having five guys on the court who are capable of scoring. Without Bogut slowing them up they were able to create so many good looks in the first quarter. Just about every three they took was an open one in that opening quarter. They only went 4-12, but the writing was on the wall that offense was going to be more manageable.

James could avoided the head laceration if he didn't embellish the foul. Classic scene with one James' henchman blaming the camera guy..it was the same guy who stole the tape of Jordan Crawford dunking on James in that workout.

Pretty bad shooting night for James - 7-22. Delly 3-14 ouch, Shumpert 2-9 ouch, Smith 2-12 ouch. Perkins/Jones off the bench 0-5. 33%.

Delly, Shumpert, Smith, and Jones 7-38.....

James 18-54 when Igoudala plays him in the series.

The extra day off might be Cleveland's salvation. It's just really hard to imagine them winning again in GS but I suppose stranger things have happened.

GS a -400 fave to win series now which sounds about right.

Boring game Thursday.

The video game style of the NBA sucks. Sure they score more points, but the games tend to be much less competitive. I guess some people prefer the video game style of shooting every five seconds, but I prefer the Ben Wallace Pistons games or the dukev wisconsin championship game.

But hey, NBA jams was a cool game too I guess

Smith went MIA in the 2H and they got their doors blown off in the process.

Lebron should win MVP in a losing effort. His team stinks. STINKS.

Unless the voters are dead set against a player from the losing team (assuming they lose) winning the MVP, then I'd be surprised if James doesn't win it. I guess if Curry goes off in the clincher he could still grab it.

I'm having a hard to seeing Lebron not get the MVP, win or lose. He has been a one man show, and I don't think Curry has been good enough (particularly by his standards), and Iggy hasn't dropped consistent enough numbers on offense to win this type of award.

I would have zero argument against LeBron winning MVP. He deserves it, but they are not going to deny the league MVP the Finals MVP if GS wins. It would be different if it were Iggy or Klay T. leading the scoring going up against LeBron in the voting. Curry only didn't lead the team in scoring in G2 when Klay hit for 34. He tied with Iggy in G4 with 22.

Last night's game (37) put him at 26.2 ppg for the series. Several players have won Finals MVP by scoring less:

Kawhi Leonard - 12.8
Dirk Nowitzki - 23.0
Paul Pierce - 19.6
Tony Parker - 18.6
Chauncey Billups - 16.9
Tim Duncan 23.3
Tim Duncan 21.7

Props to James err I mean the Cavs for managing to win 2 games, but there was only going to be 1 winner in this series once Kyrie limped off the court.

Interesting tidbit. This was the fourth time that James lost three straight games in a Final. Jordan never did that once. In fact, Jordan only lost two in a row twice and one of those was after being up 3-0.

I was really pulling for them to drag Lebron out there to accept the MVP trophy. Would have been fascinating television.

walton does a lot of research but none of it is about basketball. he talks about californias best beach volleyball players, swimmers and high jumpers. its the best. he is a treat to listen to and actually is a very very bright person with a unique perspective on life. much better than what Bilas has become.
Walton is doing the Zona/UCLA game tonight. He's the best.

Walton is doing the Zona/UCLA game tonight. He's the best.
HIghlights from his call during the 8 minutes of the Oregon/Cal game I watched last night:

Walton (early second half after Rooks makes a layup): Kameron Rooks! Where would the Bears be without Kameron Rooks?
Pasch: ...Rooks, with his first shot attempt of the night.

Walton: Did you ever call a game with Sean Elliott?
Pasch: I did not
Walton goes on at length about how Elliott rode his horse to the stadium when he called a game with him in San Antonio.

Discussing the celebrity all star game taking place before AZ v UCLA:
Walton: Did you ever call that?
Pasch: No
Walton: I’ve called it, reffed it and played in it all at the same time.

About two minutes later:

Walton: You know who else’s birthday it is today?
Pasch: I’m afraid to ask.
Walton: Joan of Arc. That’s what this game needs. Some unlikely hero, heroine. There’s a fantastic book out called “Not Impossible.” I want you to check that out.

A minute later after comparing a player to Joan of Arc:
Walton: Joan of Arc, who at 19 single handedly ended The Hundred Years’ War. Were you there? Did you call that one?

The conference of champions hoops is crap? During last evening's broadcast Walton informed me that "This is going to be the greatest Pac-12 season of all-time."

Interesting fact: Washington has never won a national title in a men's team sport.
Unless I'm mis-remembering, they shared a national title in football in the early 90's??? Maybe 91.

Division I FBS football is the only NCAA sport in which an official NCAA National Championship is not given. Villanova is the only school to have won an official Division I championship in both football and men's basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT