ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

The Eagles fans are back every year and there every week. People pretty much talk Eagles all 12 months.

I think we all agree dc sports fans stink.

That narrative sure changed from when the Phillies were selling out. Weren't you the guy who gave me grief because I didn't go to games for a new team that sucked and I had no connection to?

The Eagles and Flyers have a HARD CORE fan case that packs the stadium and arena no matter what. And more people still go to Sixers games than they should currently. A lot of basketball fans in this city.

The Phillies, by far, are the most bandwagoney franchise with the fans in the city. Baseball isn't for everyone. It can be slow and tedious and boring. When the team isn't any good and going to the stadium isn't an "event", casual fans (*cough* women *cough*) are going to stay away. It's just the way it is.

Gdog, I think the women comment is just an extension of that 21-28 aged crowd that used a 9 inning Phillies game as sort of an extended happy hour. Women don't pay attention to the standings. Those 20's women that filled Ashburn Alley were just part of groups. Groups that were led by men who said lets hit the Phils tonight before making it down to Olde City. The women just followed along.

gdog, my wife's family has Flyers and Birds tickets for over 40 years. Anytime they aren't good you can't give away the tickets. Let's keep it intellectually honest.

Robert Covington is such a bad player. He takes some of the worst shots and is a turnover machine. I would rather see Carl Landry out there.

I would not like to see Carl Landry or Hollis Thompson take their warmups off at any point ever again.
Agreed but that's my point with Convington. While he can make threes, he takes way too many and is not even set half the time. Also, one play, he completely threw the ball away from Ish Smith while neither player was being guarded. He's not a smart player and losses focus but I guess that's about the least of the Sixers problems at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT