ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Trade Deadline Thread

Hinkie was fired ? Wasn't aware. Pretty sure he still holds the same job. Colangelo was brought in to help
aid the next step in the process. Which is attracting free agents and aiding in trade talks as a respected basketball man. He's got more connects and contacts than Hinkie in certain areas. He talks, people listen.

Oh wait, he still has the title. All is good. Thats what employers do when they neuter your job. There will be no money or decision-making ability but you have this great title. His next job is CEO of kramerica

Oh wait, he still has the title. All is good. Thats what employers do when they neuter your job. There will be no money or decision-making ability but you have this great title. His next job is CEO of kramerica

So they're not paying him ?

Hey, we won't give you a raise, we give you a title. Hinkie is gm in title only. He lost his job.

Vucevic is how old now? 26? He is what he's going to be. And has been for a few years now.

What was he when he was 19?

He wasn't what Okafor is at 19, I'll tell you that much. Vucevic made his biggest leaps in his 23-24 age seasons. Yet Okafor's book is written at 19-20. K. Cool. I get it. You got a narrative to keep. But please, do better than this. You know damn well guys make huge strides in their games as they gain experience, strength and so on and so forth. This is silly.

Hey, we won't give you a raise, we give you a title. Hinkie is gm in title only. He lost his job.

I disagree. He's still part of this. But JC is stronger/respected in areas that Hinkie isn't. He was brought in to expedite it a little.

But if Hinkie is out like you say, then no need to refer to him with future decisions.

The fact you guys don't acknowledge hinkie lost his authority sums it up. Trust the process..

Reactions: NickleDimer
The fact you guys don't acknowledge hinkie lost his authority sums it up. Trust the process..

Didn't say that. I think he lost some of it, but is not completely phased out.

Never understood the hate towards Hinkie. If you need to blame someone then point to ownership. They signed off on every decision.

Vucevic is how old now? 26? He is what he's going to be. And has been for a few years now.

What was he when he was 19?

He wasn't what Okafor is at 19, I'll tell you that much. Vucevic made his biggest leaps in his 23-24 age seasons. Yet Okafor's book is written at 19-20. K. Cool. I get it. You got a narrative to keep. But please, do better than this. You know damn well guys make huge strides in their games as they gain experience, strength and so on and so forth. This is silly.
This is a perfectly reasonable statement. So by the time he gets good, he will be able to leave the CoP and lord knows he wants out.

This is a perfectly reasonable statement. So by the time he gets good, he will be able to leave the CoP and lord knows he wants out.

Except most players typically re-up with original team, who can offer an additional year and more money.

No, he'll weight 330 lbs. and probably be a full fledged alcoholic at that point.

Reactions: NickleDimer
No, he'll weight 330 lbs. and probably be a full fledged alcoholic at that point.

He's currently at his lowest weight since he was 15 yrs old. He's done nothing but slim down and shed baby fight since the start of the year.

He's currently at his lowest weight since he was 15 yrs old. He's done nothing but slim down and shed baby fight since the start of the year.
Too soon to tell. I've got the o/u at 22.5 years old when the wheels come off

It's lunacy. There's absolutely zero chance that he'll just admit that the Celtics rebuilding went way better and that the Sixers made a lot of crappy moves.

He'll excuse it as third in the east is mediocrity! Lebron James Jr or GTFO!
He would rather wait for the chance to get the best player in the draft than be a 3 seed in the east.

Not apples to apples, but people with agendas don't understand that. Oh yea, they have no star and zero chance to win as constructed. They won the Atlantic Division 5 straight years two years before one bad 25-win season. They have signed some 2nd tier FAs and made a couple of trades to make them competitive. Those days for the Sixers are coming,

Heat sign joe johnson. It puts them into the luxury tax zone. They buyout injured Udrih to put them 47k under the tax level. Udrih could technically sign with the 76ers, get paid his remaining 600k, but his full 2.2M would help them get up to the cap floor, saving them 1.6M and screwing players out of that money. Will Colangelo pull the trigger?

Heat sign joe johnson. It puts them into the luxury tax zone. They buyout injured Udrih to put them 47k under the tax level. Udrih could technically sign with the 76ers, get paid his remaining 600k, but his full 2.2M would help them get up to the cap floor, saving them 1.6M and screwing players out of that money. Will Colangelo pull the trigger?

Are you saying that doing this would prevent them from having to reach the floor by paying their existing players the difference?

Yes. Would they actually pay their players the difference? History says no, they'll try to rummage around and pick up a 2nd rounder in return for eating someone else's contract.
That's a smart way to run a team. You have to eat the money anyway, might as well get something for it. Let's be clear, the Sixers are not "screwing" these players. If it wasn't for the Sixers these guys would be toiling in the D League or some foreign country. These guys should simply say, "thank you" and move along. It's the fans the Sixers are screwing.

Yes. Would they actually pay their players the difference? History says no, they'll try to rummage around and pick up a 2nd rounder in return for eating someone else's contract.

My understanding is that if you're beneath the floor at end of the season then you take that amount and divide it among the players on the roster.

Personally, I don't care how they meet the requirements of the floor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT