ADVERTISEMENT

Nola called up - splash them keyboards

Nice. He was rocked last night in AAA. I will take it, at least it adds some excitement to the rest of the season.

May as well. They are safely lodged into the #1 pick in the draft so may as well try to sell some tickets every 5th day.

Clueless fan base already over-hyping this. I think he'll be good in time and be a reliable guy every fifth day. But it's not like Matt Harvey is on his way.

Nola will likely be a good #3 starter. Maybe a #2. It's a start to the team being competitive again in 6 yrs.

sounds like he'll be just a mediocre 4th/5th starter

He's the 38th ranked prospect in baseball, he doesn't suck. He's just not a guy a Harvey, Fernandez, etc sure-fire top of the rotation type. No reason to think that he can't be a Jordan Zimmerman type down the road.

He's the 38th ranked prospect in baseball, he doesn't suck. He's just not a guy a Harvey, Fernandez, etc sure-fire top of the rotation type. No reason to think that he can't be a Jordan Zimmerman type down the road.
Let's not put Harvey up there with Fernandez. Maybe Harvey should worry about pitching instead of chumming it up with the Donald.

Yes there is. By all accounts he doesn't have that kind of stuff.

Yes there is. By all accounts he doesn't have that kind of stuff.

Obviously, not going to pitch exactly in the same manner. I mean more of place in one's rotation and statistically speaking. Also, all accounts are that he knows how to pitch as well as anyone in MLs right now. If you know what you're doing you can still be good with topping out at 93 and averaging 91 on your fastball. Jesus Christ, Doug Fister gets people out and doesn't break 88.

So you guys are telling me he's more of a Vance Worley / Kyle Kendrick than Cole Hamels?

No, his potential is much better than Worley/Kendrick, but he's not a Hamels-like talent.

But you should tell us. You went to Reading to watch him, right?

speaking of Hamles where does he fit among the leagues best pitchers?
is Hamels even considered an elite pitcher or is he just in the good tier?

He got called up this morning, and this afternoon I got an email from the Phillies selling 2 tix for $27. They're marketing it as Mardi Gras at CBP.

Yes and Fisyet. Zimmerman is a front end starter which Nola is not. So move along.

QUOTE="wcburrs87, post: 145395, member: 1088"]Obviously, not going to pitch exactly in the same manner. I mean more of place in one's rotation and statistically speaking. Also, all accounts are that he knows how to pitch as well as anyone in MLs right now. If you know what you're doing you can still be good with topping out at 93 and averaging 91 on your fastball. Jesus Christ, Doug Fister gets people out and doesn't break 88.[/QUOTE]

Fister is a great 3-4 guy. Zimmerman is a Frontline starter and you made that comparison. By all accounts, NOla is more fister, and he won't be as good, than Zimmerman. A Frontline starter.

This follows in your tradition of calling Okafor a wasted draft pick before he ever plays a real game. I have no idea how Nola will fare in the bigs, and neither do you. Can we stop with the Mel Kiper "Rate the draft before they play" schtick? Maybe you should add this - "Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt" to your signature on these types of posts?

This follows in your tradition of calling Okafor a wasted draft pick before he ever plays a real game. I have no idea how Nola will fare in the bigs, and neither do you. Can we stop with the Mel Kiper "Rate the draft before they play" schtick? Maybe you should add this - "Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt" to your signature on these types of posts?
So... it's "too early to tell"?

Fister is a great 3-4 guy. Zimmerman is a Frontline starter and you made that comparison. By all accounts, NOla is more fister, and he won't be as good, than Zimmerman. A Frontline starter.

You continue to talk in absolutes. Please, knock it off. Zimmerman is not a consistent frontline starter. He's had some moments, but nothing consistent. He's been more of a #2 thru age 29.

Oh yea, hopefully you allow Nola parts of three seasons to develop. You know, since JZ didn't exactly light the league on fire over his first 3 seasons.

Not surprised that ADP is overrating another Nats player.

Speaking of absolutes. Let's revisit this ADP beauty from a few months ago.

"Ian Desmond will be a 100 million dollars to be a team's SS."

Thru 84 games,,,

.211/.255/.589
7 HRs, 24 RBIs
17 walks - 99 strikeouts.
20 fukking errors (Is it still considered early?)

Speaking of absolutes. Let's revisit this ADP beauty from a few months ago.

"Ian Desmond will be a 100 million dollars to be a team's SS."

Thru 84 games,,,

.211/.255/.589
7 HRs, 24 RBIs
17 walks - 99 strikeouts.
20 fukking errors (Is it still considered early?)

Wait.... TWENTY ERRORS?

What a butcher. He is seriously lacking in the Natitude department.

Let's compare rhe guy whom projects as a 3 to a Frontline starter. OK. And I'm the guy jumping the gun. Splashing those keyboards.

Tom, Okafor is getting his shot blocked in summer league. Not a good sign ad he's going to struggle against better athletes his own size

You continue to talk in absolutes. Please, knock it off. Zimmerman is not a consistent frontline starter. He's had some moments, but nothing consistent. He's been more of a #2 thru age 29.

Oh yea, hopefully you allow Nola parts of three seasons to develop. You know, since JZ didn't exactly light the league on fire over his first 3 seasons.

Not surprised that ADP is overrating another Nats player.

Zimmerman is not a #1. I don't care how many times the kids run around the dining room table. Or, how many times you use the word frontline.

Nola could very easily be a good #2. And no one (Find it) characterizes him as a soft tosser.

You're right they should just boot Okafor from the league because a 7'1" kid with a good wing span blocked his shots a few times. Way to base a 19-year old kid's potential on NBA summer league games. Oh yea, based on that D. Russell should of been drafted in the 2nd RD.

Keep hangin your hat on a summer league game. I will wait and see what happens over the next few years. I saw lebron get multiple shots blocked by iggy in the finals. He's still the best in the world. I will judge okafor after a few years, but less than 18 of them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT