ADVERTISEMENT

Nola called up - splash them keyboards

Got an ax and taking out my frustrations on the tree. I'll going to butcher this tree like Desmond does a routine ground ball.

Tree update. Runs across the back of my property which is connected to bike path. Can't have a biker hit the tree, become poor like many of you. Tree is about 24 inchef round, section that feel is 30-35 feat. I was able to chip off one thick limb 12 inches diameter. Cleared that from path. Stared on the main truck going across path. Feel it's my manly duty to chip this puppy and get if off the path until tree guys cn get here either tonight or Sunday. However, I won't lie the first part was tough. Wife and mother in law left because they could see I was leaving with the ax. I'm going to give this a shot bUT the smart money would be to quit being cheap-stubborn and go get a chainsaw.

And I have on cargo shorts and a lulu lemon shirt, firEd a bone and chopping wood.

i think if you scroll back you'll see I said he has not been a #1 throughout his career and that he has shown glimpses, but hasn't been consisted enough.

He had tommy john in 2009, and came back to pitch 30 innings in 2010. Two years following that that he averaged nearly 180 innings, 3.00 ERA, 7 k/9, 1.2 WHIP and had 7.5 WAR. That led right into the last three years which were referenced above. Not sure what you're getting at.

4 hours and still not done. Mother fuker.

Get a friggin' chainsaw....you don't get extra points for chopping wood with an axe. I live in rural Michigan. I know these things.

Nope, no chainsaw. Got a bob saw at Home Depot. I got the tree cleared off the path but it was so heavy had to cut it a few times. Hardest physical activity in a long time. Have to cut a little more tomorrow before tree guys come Monday. Funny part is that got me out of the funk I've been in for a week. Feel great. Things happen for a reason.

Glad you feel better. Next time, lube up that chainsaw and carve that f*cker up. It's a good feeling.

It might be time to start a post-A-Pic of ADP's tree and him sawing the tree.

It might be time to start a post-A-Pic of ADP's tree and him sawing the tree.
IMG_2759.JPG

Reactions: tomdudes
Adp, I need a post-axe session report. Hopefully no injuries (except to the tree).

Tree cleared, hands hurt-swollen but tree was conquered. Off to see mad max with my oldest.

Last edited:
Off to see Mad Max? That's still in theaters?

Saw it online. Weird flick.

Tomdudes is a frustrated CoP'er.
Not at all. I am certainly realistic. I will totally own up to being a 4for4er though. But other than saying that I don't know how Nola or Okafor is going to turn out, and defending the possibility that they might both be good, I am not sure what indicates "frustration"?

My hands hurt and still swollen between knuckle and hand. Still can't close them completely tight. However, just worked out and all is fine. Pain and still a little weakness of gripe. Not sure I could play 18 but should be good in a few days.

Also, little tightness in lower back but to be expected and not terrible. That's the full list. Tree guy coming to clear it and handle what's left of stump.

I don't like your tone and do my own snow removal.

Explain both parts of that post because neither make any sense. Does it snow in Northern VA? It's about 95 miles further south than Philly. Yes, it snows here.

Ah, Nola got a fresh look at what he can look forward to every 5th day for the next 2-3 yrs.

#ZeroRunSupport
#ColeKnows

Sounds like the kid pitched really well. Cap tip.

Let's see how he pitches after a few starts, but I respect last night's start. He pitched very well.

Anyone laugh at the Hamels for Puig trade rumors? I think Puig has all the talent but needs to be on a vet team that can keep him in check. I don't want him influencing younger players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT