ADVERTISEMENT

ODB

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
How good is this cat? This cat is amazing. Does any receiver in NFL history parallel his first 2 yrs in the league? Only injury would seem to be capable of stopping this cat from being an all-time great. If you own him in fantasy you're more than likely still playing (unless you're a bumbling idiot with the rest of your roster).

59797443.jpg

Who's the best WR in the NFL right now - him or Antonio Brown? I would have said Dez Bryant last year but his season with backup QBs has been terrible and he deserves some of the blame for that.

I think it's Brown.

Who's the best WR in the NFL right now - him or Antonio Brown? I would have said Dez Bryant last year but his season with backup QBs has been terrible and he deserves some of the blame for that.

I think it's Brown.

Very good question. As a Steeler fan, I'm a little biased but I think I'd give the very slight nod to Brown. But no question these two guys are at the top with Riley Cooper nipping at their heels.

How good is this cat? This cat is amazing. Does any receiver in NFL history parallel his first 2 yrs in the league? Only injury would seem to be capable of stopping this cat from being an all-time great. If you own this cat in fantasy you're more than likely still playing (unless you're a bumbling idiot with the rest of your roster).

th

.....over here.

OBJ has Eli Manning throwing to him and he's still putting up these numbers. OBJ > Brown.

OBJ has Eli Manning throwing to him and he's still putting up these numbers. OBJ > Brown.
OBJ is probably a better athlete and makes more incredible catchers, but Brown is quicker, runs better routes, and is probably more dynamic.

ELIAS. Odell Beckham Jr. through 1st 25 Career Games, all-time NFL rank: Receptions: 176, 1st. Receiving yds, 2,625, 1st; Rec TD 24, 2nd.

Cruz was older than Beckham and had the benefit of being the second option of Hakeem Nicks, who was incredible from 2009 to 2011. The second receiving option to Beckham is Rueben Randle, who has been absolutely dreadful this season with the exception of last night. Beckham has also already matched Cruz's career receiving touchdown total.

Cruz was older than Beckham and had the benefit of being the second option of Hakeem Nicks, who was incredible from 2009 to 2011. The second receiving option to Beckham is Rueben Randle, who has been absolutely dreadful this season with the exception of last night. Beckham has also already matched Cruz's career receiving touchdown total.
Lol Hakeem Nicks incredible? Guy is only 27 and is basically run out of the league. He made 1 good play his whole career.

Lol Hakeem Nicks incredible? Guy is only 27 and is basically run out of the league. He made 1 good play his whole career.
He probably made more than 1 good play his whole career, but was not incredible. I just looked up some Giants receivers stats, especially when they left the Giants, Eli is a HOF'er.

He probably made more than 1 good play his whole career, but was not incredible. I just looked up some Giants receivers stats, especially when they left the Giants, Eli is a HOF'er.
2 Super Bowl wins and nice career stats pretty much guarantee that.

Chronic leg injuries tend to sap people of their effectiveness. Watch the 2011 playoffs and you'll learn all you need to know about how good Hakeem Nicks was before the injuries.

Nicks' career yards per catch average is 14.3. Kind of a possession receiver.

Remember how infuriated CoPers were when NBC played salsa music after Cruz caught TD against Philly on SNF?

To them it confirmed how much the announcers HATE THE EAGLES!!1!

The Eli manning to the HOF discussion is enraging. Right now in the NFL there are 19 Qb's with higher career QB ratings. If someone said you can pick any QB from 2003 until today to start a team with, Eli Manning wouldn't have even made the conversation. He'd barely make the conversation for the same time period, if you said pick a QB if you had one game to win. He's never won an MVP. His team do not consistently win and routinely underachieve. He isn't even the best QB from his draft class. Yes he won two super bowls, and one was against one of the greatest teams of all times, but this is the only thing that even puts him in the conversation for HOF, not what puts him over the top.

People debate Kurt Warner being in the all of fame, he has two mvps, played in 3 super bowls for 2 teams. Yet, Eli is in.

I think Warner should get bonus points for going to Superbowls w pathetic franchises like the Rams and Cardinals

why are we using QB rating? its a bogus stat

Eli absolutely deserves to be in the Hall of Fame and he will get in one day.

Kurt Warner should also absolutely 10000% be in. if they are going to put terrible QBs like Joe Namath in, these guys are in too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT