ADVERTISEMENT

ODB

I like Eli he's just not in the same universe as Big Ben when it comes to playing football. He's never been a top 5 QB in the game. How can a guy who's never been even among the best be a HoFer? Because he compiles stats. Regardless, I've always been an Eli fan just don't think he's a great.

Ben's never been a top 5 QB in the league either. Both very good QBs and lock Hall of Famers.

He's a top 5 QB right now. There are not 5 better.

Brady, Rodgers, Newton, Palmer and Wilson have all had better seasons. so at the very best Ben is 6th this year and even that's a stretch i think

Rodgers is the only guy who's better today. Ben is ridiculous. You're just looking at the stats. Watch the guy play each snap. He's played banged up all year. Now healthy, he's ripping teams. Watch him lead the Steelers into the playoffs. Cam is also up there. I'd take Ben over him but i'm biased. Right now he's better than Brady. Brady obviously in the discussion for GOAT so don't confuse what I"m saying.Palmer, please. Great guy, having a great year. Win one playoff game and get back to me. I love Wilson, he's playing great. Ben is better.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Ben is not playing better than Brady.....that is nonsense

if you gave Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, and Leveon Bell (I know hes hurt now, but you get the point) to Brady, he'd drop 40/game

and I like Ben a lot and I hate Brady. but lets be fair.

I"m being fair. Brady might be the GOAT. Right now, I'll take Ben. He's stretching the field, extending plays and he's deadly accurate. I could make an argument he's played better than Rodgers the past few weeks. He's been that good. I realize most of you don't watch all the Steeler games so you think that's a crazy statement. I understand and sound like a homer. I get it. However, I'm telling you, the guy is crazy good. Ignore his numbers. The Steelers didn't start throwing the ball until 3 years ago (although if you look at his numbers the past few years they speak for themselves). The guy has elevated his already great game to another level. He's incredible. Without question top 5, a surefire HOFer and now the Steelers have opened up the offense his numbers over the back of his career will catch up to his game.

I"m being fair. Brady might be the GOAT. Right now, I'll take Ben. He's stretching the field, extending plays and he's deadly accurate. I could make an argument he's played better than Rodgers the past few weeks. He's been that good. I realize most of you don't watch all the Steeler games so you think that's a crazy statement. I understand and sound like a homer. I get it. However, I'm telling you, the guy is crazy good. Ignore his numbers. The Steelers didn't start throwing the ball until 3 years ago (although if you look at his numbers the past few years they speak for themselves). The guy has elevated his already great game to another level. He's incredible. Without question top 5, a surefire HOFer and now the Steelers have opened up the offense his numbers over the back of his career will catch up to his game.

dude, step away from the pipe! Ben better than the UGG-wearing, Stetson-spraying Gisele-loving man from Boston???? Not this year, not any year.

Ok that's enough. The Steelers just beat Cincy on the road in a game Dalton and Eifert were lost for the Bengals. Roethlisberger managed that game well despite getting picked off once. He threw for 456 yards in the shootout in Seattle, but was picked off twice in the second half and PIT lost. The other three recent wins were blowouts against pitiful teams, Cleveland, Indy and Oakland.

Last edited:
I know, it sounds crazy. Watch the man play.

If Antonio Brown played with Brady for a year, 2,300 or so yards receiving and about 18 TDs would be a very conservative estimate of his production. That said, adp has a point that Ben works very well with him as well. Ben has progressed significantly since his early years and is a top 5 pocket passer right now, without question.

That said, for this season I would take Ben over Cam Newton, Wilson and Palmer. Hard for me to put Palmer over him given that he never finishes a season and is one of the few with better receiving talent around him than Ben.

The only thing Ben is better at than Brady is allegedly raping women. Stop the nonsense.

Fixed. And yes, I understand how crazy it sounds to suggest right now Big Ben is playing better than Brady. I would not trade Ben for Brady today. IMO, yards per attempt is the most important stat. Palmer and Big Ben I believe are the only two guys over 8 ypa and both near 9. No one else in the top tier over 8. That's always the number I look at both on offense and when evaluating defense. However, I acknowledge you can make numbers mean anything you want to support the position you want. Fun topic. I'm out until next week.

Tomorrow is a huge game. Beat UVA. If anyone goes I'll be there with the two kids painted head-to-toe in Nova gear.

He has 15 TD and 10 int thats just ok. Eli is a ridiculous 28 and 10. The steelers are better at every position when you compare the giants to the steelers except maybe quarterback and one receiver. For sure you take ODB over Brown if you dont you haven't seen ODB play. He is the only threat on the Giants team. He is literally double teamed and many times triple teamed. Last game they rolled three guys his way and he still had over 160 yards just ridiculous.

He has 15 TD and 10 int thats just ok. Eli is a ridiculous 28 and 10. The steelers are better at every position when you compare the giants to the steelers except maybe quarterback and one receiver. For sure you take ODB over Brown if you dont you haven't seen ODB play. He is the only threat on the Giants team. He is literally double teamed and many times triple teamed. Last game they rolled three guys his way and he still had over 160 yards just ridiculous.
Miami secondary sucks. His long play was a blown coverage for 84 yards anyone on this board could have thrown. Stop. For the record, I had ODB over 103.5 yards. I"m happy it happened but really?

Seriously the guy is great. He is the single threat on the Giants. The entire defensive scheme is geared to stop him. the guy had more receiving yards through his first 16 games than any other receiver ever. thats right ever. The Eli stuff is somewhat understandable because he had some down years although he is having a great one this year. Downplaying ODB is really showing yourself to be a complete homer

ODB is great but donot cunfuse a blown coverage for talent. ODB is awesome. Reminds me of brown. Both great.

He's a great player. I thought his foot work on the 7 yard TD was better than the 160 you cited. No one is arguing the fact the kid is awesome. He's an elite talent, we all agree.

Drop sure td pass? Does Eli get to add the yards and TD to his stats anyway?

Can't believe Beckham hasn't been tossed yet.
total Cheek today. He's better than acting like a complete idiot. Newman beat him before the ball was ever kicked. Beckham was a mental midget and the drop of an sarly surefire TD didn't help.

Pittsburgh is New England's only real roadblock on the way back to the Super Bowl. Pats will get a tussle for sure in the Bowl but if I'm them I'm hoping Pittsburgh somehow misses the playoffs. That offense is filthy.

Fixed....

Pittsburgh is New England's only real roadblock on the way back to the Super Bowl. Pats will get a tussle for sure in the Bowl but if I'm them I'm hoping Pittsburgh somehow misses the playoffs. That offense is filthy despite several key injuries.

Brown: 16, 189 and 2 TD's
best receiver in football and it was against the league's top defense. Ben with 380 and we needed every one of them.

Meanwhile, Denver held Big Ben to 40 completions and 380 yards today.

#Winner

you must have missed the horrific decision and pass at the 2 minute warning to give the Broncos the ball back. against a good QB that would have cost the Steelers the game.

you must have missed the horrific decision and pass at the 2 minute warning to give the Broncos the ball back. against a good QB that would have cost the Steelers the game.
Was thinking the same thing. Funny how people get on Eli for turnovers and Ben has so many more this year. That one was bad

Ben has 12 INT's and Eli has 11 this season, if you want to add in fumbles Eli has 9 with 6 lost and Ben has 1 which was lost...your definition of "so many more" is different then mine.

Eli's played in 4 additional games, i'll give you that. So Ben this year has averaged 1.3 turnovers a game and Eli has averaged 1.2.

I'll need some help from the Eli fan club to let me know how many were not his fault.

Eli is not in the same tier as Big Ben, ARod, Newton, Brady and Wilson. Not ready to put Palmer in that tier either. Eli is a .500 QB in his career, let's not look past that.

Eli is not in the same tier as Big Ben, ARod, Newton, Brady and Wilson.

Alex_Rodriguez_throws_a_football-5e37691c323a09fe63ad168e5b859612

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT