ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ted Cruz for President

TJC, we disagree but I honestly believe our servicemen overseas are doing things to protect my rites as an American as opposed to taking them away. We simply have a different view of the world and how it functions. I would argue mine is based in reality and understanding. Note, I'm a bit biased in my own abilities.

Originally posted by tjc3844:
The government doesn't work. We have no effective foreign policy. Our rights are ever so slowly being taken away and your solution seems to be to try to be an Inet comedian.
The government works. It's goals and approach to achieving those goals often suck or often conflict with your ideals.
We have a foreign policy. You may not agree with it, or it may not meet your requirements.
How are our rights being taken away? What does this have to do with foreign policy?

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

The government doesn't work. We have no effective foreign policy. Our rights are ever so slowly being taken away and your solution seems to be to try to be an Inet comedian.
The government works. It's goals and approach to achieving those goals often suck or often conflict with your ideals.
We have a foreign policy. You may not agree with it, or it may not meet your requirements.
How are our rights being taken away? What does this have to do with foreign policy?
Sensing some irony here of course, because tjc's suggestion is to remove ourselves from places overseas and let them fend for themselves, which seems to be very much in line with what our current foreign policy is doing in other regions.

This post was edited on 3/26 1:48 PM by Ninetynine5.0

No, that's not what I'm saying. My suggestion is to scale back and re-position our troops to respond to 21st century dangers. We do not need a huge standing army in Europe. The military needs to be transformed into smaller/mobile/highly weaponized rapid deployment units that can be quickly sent to and based in the world's trouble areas. Moving bases for some troops to our borders would help solve the flow of illegal immigrants across our borders. I've made my position as clear as I can at least as a starting point for a positive discussion. Simply attacking it without offering something of value to alter or replace it, is what goes on in DC and why nothing ever gets done. 4.6, with its screaming and yelling and name calling is simply a microcosm of our Congress.

No, that's not what I'm saying. My suggestion is to scale back and re-position our troops to respond to 21st century dangers. We do not need a huge standing army in Europe. The military needs to be transformed into smaller/mobile/highly weaponized rapid deployment units that can be quickly sent to and based in the world's trouble areas. Moving bases for some troops to our borders would help solve the flow of illegal immigrants across our borders. I've made my position as clear as I can at least as a starting point for a positive discussion. Simply attacking it without offering something of value to alter or replace it, is what goes on in DC and why nothing ever gets done. 4.6, with its screaming and yelling and name calling is simply a microcosm of our Congress.
I want to point something out. Many times my character is attacked, I take the barbs for all of Washington DC. Comes with the territory and I'm a big boy. No problem. However, please go back and read this thread. As the Washington DC insider I'm going to provide one complaint from inside the Beltway: many times the voters are idiots. This thread is a microcosm of the electorate.

Well now we've hit on something we can both agree about, adp. The electorate's complacency and apparent lack of knowledge is something that needs to be addressed. I'm a lot older than you and have seen the creeping change that is affecting our country adversely and makes me really worry about our future as a nation. Back in the 60's there was a more universal enthusiasm/hope that permeated American society. It was a time when politicians like JFK inspired the nation and challenged our people to dream big and not put limitations on what you could accomplish if you worked hard. Government was immensely smaller back then. People depended on friends, relatives and each other when they needed help never even thinking the government was intended for that. People's rights were respected and there were no forces in society besides the churches who tried to tell society what was right or wrong about what they could think, say or do. It was a time when something like this message board with all of its hate filled attacks against strangers couldn't even have been imagined. Then, ever so slowly things began to change. A lot of what's happened has been great and made life better, easier and more productive for billions of people around the world. But, the societal decay continued to slowly creep along. God was attacked. The family began to fall apart. School systems declined. Neighborhoods became war zones. Racial and religious intolerance increased. That's just part of what's happened in my lifetime. I'm convinced our society has the ability to turn things around and save our country. I won't be here to see it and your generation has to be the one to stop the slide. I hope you do.

Well now we've hit on something we can both agree about, adp. The electorate's complacency and apparent lack of knowledge is something that needs to be addressed. I'm a lot older than you and have seen the creeping change that is affecting our country adversely and makes me really worry about our future as a nation. Back in the 60's there was a more universal enthusiasm/hope that permeated American society. It was a time when politicians like JFK inspired the nation and challenged our people to dream big and not put limitations on what you could accomplish if you worked hard. Government was immensely smaller back then. People depended on friends, relatives and each other when they needed help never even thinking the government was intended for that. People's rights were respected and there were no forces in society besides the churches who tried to tell society what was right or wrong about what they could think, say or do. It was a time when something like this message board with all of its hate filled attacks against strangers couldn't even have been imagined. Then, ever so slowly things began to change. A lot of what's happened has been great and made life better, easier and more productive for billions of people around the world. But, the societal decay continued to slowly creep along. God was attacked. The family began to fall apart. School systems declined. Neighborhoods became war zones. Racial and religious intolerance increased. That's just part of what's happened in my lifetime. I'm convinced our society has the ability to turn things around and save our country. I won't be here to see it and your generation has to be the one to stop the slide. I hope you do.
You're insane. If this message board existed during this fairy tale like utopia era you just spun, I'd have said it then too.

Well now we've hit on something we can both agree about, adp. The electorate's complacency and apparent lack of knowledge is something that needs to be addressed. I'm a lot older than you and have seen the creeping change that is affecting our country adversely and makes me really worry about our future as a nation. Back in the 60's there was a more universal enthusiasm/hope that permeated American society. It was a time when politicians like JFK inspired the nation and challenged our people to dream big and not put limitations on what you could accomplish if you worked hard.

This is utter nonsense. The 1960's were perhaps the second most
tumultuous and divided time in American history, right behind the civil
war. Race riots, civil unrest, hippies, emerging drug cultures, Kent State, the KKK, Viet Nam protest. Country was on fire.

Government was immensely smaller back then.

Hardly. But LBJ was giving away entitlements like they were candy on Easter Sunday. There were hand outs all over the place. SS, Medicare, welfare - these are not new things. And there was plenty of it in the 1960's in relation to the population. Let's not act like the 90's invented reliance on the government.

People depended on friends, relatives and each other when they needed help never even thinking the government was intended for that. People's rights were respected and there were no forces in society besides the churches who tried to tell society what was right or wrong about what they could think, say or do.

Utter Utter BS. Black people could not use the same bathroom as you. Pretty sure this constiututed the gov't telling people what they could or could not do. They also drafted people into the Vietnam war. That was not exactly voluntary for most. There were marches on DC routinely.

It was a time when something like this message board with all of its hate filled attacks against strangers couldn't even have been imagined. Then, ever so slowly things began to change. A lot of what's happened has been great and made life better, easier and more productive for billions of people around the world. But, the societal decay continued to slowly creep along.

The KKK hid under sheets, now they are behind keyboards. I prefer the sheets. It's more honest.

God was attacked.

God has been under attack, and on the attack, for centuries. Seriously.

The family began to fall apart. School systems declined. Neighborhoods became war zones.

Chicago 1930s? NYC 5 points and the Mob? Chicken Man in Cop? Cities are safer now than ever. FACT.

Racial and religious intolerance increased.

Blacks could not vote or take a piss in the same john, or eat at the same restaurant. Jews were being killed at the Olympics. And you think intolerance has INCREASED?

That's just part of what's happened in my lifetime. I'm convinced our society has the ability to turn things around and save our country. I won't be here to see it and your generation has to be the one to stop the slide. I hope you do.
And let me add one more thing, You sucked at treating the planet decently too. Rivers were LITERALLY on fire, you invented the Superfund site and we all almost choked on the smog from here to LA. We're still cleaning up that mess you made. You're welcome.

This post was edited on 3/26 5:55 PM by Ninetynine5.0

Originally posted by Ninetynine5.0:
Well now we've hit on something we can both agree about, adp. The electorate's complacency and apparent lack of knowledge is something that needs to be addressed. I'm a lot older than you and have seen the creeping change that is affecting our country adversely and makes me really worry about our future as a nation. Back in the 60's there was a more universal enthusiasm/hope that permeated American society. It was a time when politicians like JFK inspired the nation and challenged our people to dream big and not put limitations on what you could accomplish if you worked hard.

This is utter nonsense. The 1960's were perhaps the second most
tumultuous and divided time in American history, right behind the civil
war. Race riots, civil unrest, hippies, emerging drug cultures, Kent State, the KKK, Viet Nam protest. Country was on fire.

Government was immensely smaller back then.

Hardly. But LBJ was giving away entitlements like they were candy on Easter Sunday. There were hand outs all over the place. SS, Medicare, welfare - these are not new things. And there was plenty of it in the 1960's in relation to the population. Let's not act like the 90's invented reliance on the government.

People depended on friends, relatives and each other when they needed help never even thinking the government was intended for that. People's rights were respected and there were no forces in society besides the churches who tried to tell society what was right or wrong about what they could think, say or do.

Utter Utter BS. Black people could not use the same bathroom as you. Pretty sure this constiututed the gov't telling people what they could or could not do. They also drafted people into the Vietnam war. That was not exactly voluntary for most. There were marches on DC routinely.

It was a time when something like this message board with all of its hate filled attacks against strangers couldn't even have been imagined. Then, ever so slowly things began to change. A lot of what's happened has been great and made life better, easier and more productive for billions of people around the world. But, the societal decay continued to slowly creep along.

The KKK hid under sheets, now they are behind keyboards. I prefer the sheets. It's more honest.

God was attacked.

God has been under attack, and on the attack, for centuries. Seriously.

The family began to fall apart. School systems declined. Neighborhoods became war zones.

Chicago 1930s? NYC 5 points and the Mob? Chicken Man in Cop? Cities are safer now than ever. FACT.

Racial and religious intolerance increased.

Blacks could not vote or take a piss in the same john, or eat at the same restaurant. Jews were being killed at the Olympics. And you think intolerance has INCREASED?

That's just part of what's happened in my lifetime. I'm convinced our society has the ability to turn things around and save our country. I won't be here to see it and your generation has to be the one to stop the slide. I hope you do.
And let me add one more thing, You sucked at treating the planet decently too. Rivers were LITERALLY on fire, you invented the Superfund site and we all almost choked on the smog from here to LA. We're still cleaning up that mess you made. You're welcome.

This post was edited on 3/26 5:55 PM by Ninetynine5.0

DMIL, I have to tip my cap as that is one of the better lines written today on this great series of tubes invented by Al Gore back in the 90's.

Originally posted by adp98:
I'd like to hear plans for closing the borders? Sounds great on paper but how does one actually do this? I think we should deploy drones that kill everything coming across. You do that for a few months, word gets around and goes a long way. However, I don't think the American people find that acceptable.

DMIL, us against them. Populist rage baby. Good stuff.
We build a giant wall like they used to have in Germany. Duh!!!

RFLMAO!! I knew that would get you all riled up! Sometimes it's just too easy on 4.6 :)

I'm not an "alt" and I have no "alts." It's just me -:)

So this post was not posted in sincerity, but was an attempt to bait? Man, TJC is good. Sooo good.

I was just finding ways to take my mind off the loss to NCST, Liz. It was fun and not mean spirited like a lot of the stuff that goes on here and it worked! Completely took my mind off the loss :)

Originally posted by adp98:

I want to point something out. Many times my character is attacked, I take the barbs for all of Washington DC. Comes with the territory and I'm a big boy. No problem. However, please go back and read this thread. As the Washington DC insider I'm going to provide one complaint from inside the Beltway: many times the voters are idiots. This thread is a microcosm of the electorate.
I think about how stupid the average American is, then I realize that half of them are even dumber than that.

I thought Cruz was actually "born" in Berlin in 1945 and then... oh, wait, that's the BOYS FROM BRAZIL!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT