• Rand Paul

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Marco Rubio

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Right. Why does he bring up those losers unprompted? It's like an Aspergerer's like obsession w him

I think because it had such a profound impact on his life and why he's running. He's not the usual Ivy-educated, prep school kid. Similar to how Obama always talked about being raised by his grandparents and his life was so tough with his grandmother the Vice President of the local bank, raising him. He did write an entire book entitled, " Dreams of My Father". This is what politicians do. Or how Hillary always talks about her mother. However, I guess because he grew up poor and his parents came to this country speaking little English he's really saying they are losers. I never got that from those comments. Must be nice up in that Ivory Tower.

Guess I just have empathy for their struggle. It's not like his parents were born here and decided to become public school teachers, suck off the taxpayer and then complain about their jobs all the time. Making fun of them would give me a good laugh.
You're sensitive about this stuff. I get it.

Again, it's a great story about the opportunity that comes from hard work.

No, I object to idea he's calling his parents "losers".

Kasich's parents didn't leave their country to escape Castro and come to America with nothing and couldn't even speak the language. So other than that, it's the same.
Rubio's parents left Cuba in 1956. Castro came to power in 1959.

Reactions: NickleDimer
You don't think a non-English speaking chambermaid or a non-English speaking bartender are losers? Are they people you would brag about? Bring up constantly without provocation?

For a second I thought Rubio's father may have been the bartender who brought Fredo his banana daiquiri. Thanks to TFE in now know he "fled" 3 years prior

Reactions: nardibynature123
You don't think a non-English speaking chambermaid or a non-English speaking bartender are losers? Are they people you would brag about? Bring up constantly without provocation?
No. My grandparents came here in a similar manner. Yours probably did as well. I don't think people's vocations define their human worth. I have respect for anyone who comes to another country to make a better life. Not everyone is blessed to born in a one place, say Philly, and never have to leave to provide for their family.

Reactions: tjc3844
Yep, and he's doing his best carl lewis.

I was thinking more Carl Weathers.

actionjackson1988.jpg

Can I get a gosh-darned Merican to vote for? Enough of these Canadians n Cubans!! If we had built that wall years ago we wouldn't have to deal with these riff raff keeping us from our third Bush presidency. Who cares if he confused a all the time!? Leadership is in his blood!

No. My grandparents came here in a similar manner. Yours probably did as well. I don't think people's vocations define their human worth. I have respect for anyone who comes to another country to make a better life. Not everyone is blessed to born in a one place, say Philly, and never have to leave to provide for their family.
All of my grandparents came here from Ireland with virtually nothing. They all worked very hard as long as they lived and we're basically poor all of their lives but, on my mother's side, her mother, a widow at a young age, gave her kids all she could to provide them with a better life than she had. My father's parents died when they were young so he and his six brothers and a sister were raised in an orphanage. My parents did the same thing, raising us out of poverty. That's the American Dream which younger people would rather mock than understand and appreciate.

Can I get a gosh-darned Merican to vote for? Enough of these Canadians n Cubans!! If we had built that wall years ago we wouldn't have to deal with these riff raff keeping us from our third Bush presidency. Who cares if he confused a all the time!? Leadership is in his blood!
Jeb was an objectively very good governor and I would be supporting him if I though he could win. I just don't think he can.

Jeb was an objectively very good governor and I would be supporting him if I though he could win. I just don't think he can.
TFE, I always heard he was a very good governor, too. But, now that I live in FL, I've found out that isn't true. He brags about cutting taxes but doesn't mention that while he was governor, "fees" went through the roof. A great portion of the jobs he claims credit for were in the health industry and were an expected adjunct of an aging population not some jobs plan he formulated. People who have lived here for some time don't like him at all which explains why he has no traction in the state Presidential polls here either.

Government needs to raise revenue somehow. Florida has low sales and property tax. Jeb's greatest achievement was school choice, which has especially boosted young people of color.

¡Jeb! Is a war pig like his brother, and supports open borders. The wimp also speaks Spanish in his home

Can we get some more reverse snobbery origins stories? I'm dying to know if we can find someone on 4.6 whose family tree is without struggle or some type of bland 'merican dream story. The entire world was a craphole a few generations ago compared to the theme park that we live in now.

Kmill, you missed what happened on the gop side. They are coming home to rubio. All is well on our side. Entire key was stopping trump. Field will thin and coalesce around rubio.

Did I miss that? For months it's been trumps race to lose, and now it's all Rubio? If that were true, where has his support been? My guess is nobody really likes him either in the red states...but he does give a great 3rd place victory speech.

Did I miss that? For months it's been trumps race to lose, and now it's all Rubio? If that were true, where has his support been? My guess is nobody really likes him either in the red states...but he does give a great 3rd place victory speech.
All the oddsmakers have Rubio as the favorte now, so yes, you missed it.

I think I'm changing my mind on Christie. He looked like he was going to kick the bucket right in the middle of an O'Reilly appearance last night. Dude is not holding up well to campaigning...

All the oddsmakers have Rubio as the favorte now, so yes, you missed it.

Yeah I saw that, and it makes sense. However, I don't think all the angry Trump supporters will suddenly switch to Rubio, nor do I see the out-of-touch evangelicals switch from Cruz. I think you will see a lot of primary states finish like Iowa but perhaps in different orders. All 3 guys will probably split the GOP votes pretty evenly, and when all is said and done, the convention will be quite interesting.

Who benefits from perm boy dropping out? While certainly not a huge following he did garner almost 5% in Iowa. I can't really see his supporters jumping on the band wagon for Trump or Cruz...is this where the Rubio coalescing comes into play? adp thoughts

As if the GOP race couldn't get more "reality tv" like:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-cruz-fraud-iowa-165834563.html

"Two days after finishing second to Ted Cruz in the Iowa caucuses, Donald Trump is accusing the Texas senator of fraud and demanding that either a “new election” take place in the Hawkeye State or that its results be “nullified.”

“Ted Cruz didn’t win Iowa, he stole it,” Trump tweeted on Wednesday. “That is why all of the polls were so wrong and why he got far more votes than anticipated. Bad!”"

Can't wait for the GOP Debate!

Who benefits from perm boy dropping out? While certainly not a huge following he did garner almost 5% in Iowa. I can't really see his supporters jumping on the band wagon for Trump or Cruz...is this where the Rubio coalescing comes into play? adp thoughts
Paul had no support beyond the little he had in iowa. Rubio gets the bush, Kasich and Christie wings. That is a solid 20-30 percent. Cruz topped out in evangelical crazy iowa
Rubio needs to get those guys above out, at least 1 and maybe all 3 go after new hampshire. If rubio finishes top 2 in NH behind trump it's curtains. If he skips below 3 things become muddled.

Government needs to raise revenue somehow. Florida has low sales and property tax. Jeb's greatest achievement was school choice, which has especially boosted young people of color.

yeah i would expect outcomes for that demographic to figure prominently in your rubric

:rolleyes:

Paul had no support beyond the little he had in iowa. Rubio gets the bush, Kasich and Christie wings. That is a solid 20-30 percent. Cruz topped out in evangelical crazy iowa
Rubio needs to get those guys above out, at least 1 and maybe all 3 go after new hampshire. If rubio finishes top 2 in NH behind trump it's curtains. If he skips below 3 things become muddled.
Unfortunately, don't expect Jeb to get the message after NH and get out. He did so bad in Iowa that he's bound to do better in NH so he will spin that as his campaign is really catching on. He won't get out at least until he loses FL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT