ADVERTISEMENT

Roll The Tanks Back Out

No, it took new management/ownership in Golden State. Before that they were one of those teams that got lottery picks each year and still stunk. Ring a bell?

The current GM didn't draft Curry or Thompson.

Has "It's always sunny in Philadelphia" done an entire episode on delusional Philly sports fans?

The current GM didn't draft Curry or Thompson.
Curry was drafted in 09, the new owner took over in 10 and cleaned house. That is when they began building. I don't care which specific GM drafted Thompson. The key was the new owner and they built since 10. Within 5 years of owning the team they won a chip.

More than a couple doctors believe Embiid is fine to play with the foot the way it is. He apparently hasn't had any pain in 6 months. Hopefully. Hopefully this is really just them being super cautious so they can tank it up another year and this bone graft they are choosing to do will strengthen the bone to the point where he won't reinjure it. Who knows really. I'm not expecting much but it's not hopeless.
Get him healthy for his next contract when he leaves the 76'ers.

:rolleyes:

The Cavs go up 2-1 in the finals. Bogut plays 2 minutes in game 4, and does not get off the bench in games 5 and 6.

Great coaching decision. It was the best way to beat that Cavs team, but make no mistake their great season consisted more than just those six games. Bogut played a significant role getting them to that point. To suggest otherwise would be ridiculous.

Curry was drafted in 09, the new owner took over in 10 and cleaned house. That is when they began building. I don't care which specific GM drafted Thompson. The key was the new owner and they built since 10. Within 5 years of owning the team they won a chip.

Of course you don't care because it doesn't fit your agenda.

What is my agenda exactly? Proving you don't need to tank in order to build through the draft? Again, you are trying to discount facts. Warriors cleaned house, built and in 5 years won a title. All without tanking. That's a fact. You don't have to like it but it happened.

Now let's look at history. Name the teams who have tanked multiple seasons with the purpose to build through the draft and succeeded? Answer none. We do know the Sixers have done so and they are 0-2 on those high picks with Embiid and Okafor. Who we all know is not a franchise player in the NBA.

Adp, how exactly is okafor already a wasted draft pick? He hasn't played a minute in a real game yet. Jump to conclusions much? Please don't count that as "data" in your argument. Burrs has never said hinkie's plan is the only way to build. Pulling out GS as proof that you're correct (after they've won) is like picking a high-rising stock as proof of your stock system because it back-calculates perfectly.

Stop with the cleaning house nonsense. GS ownership didn't have some magical plan. They got lucky. They've been through multiple GMs and coaches since new ownership took over. A lot of hands in their success.

The fact of the matter is that they sucked forever and multiple lottery picks propelled them to a title.

Adp, how exactly is okafor already a wasted draft pick? He hasn't played a minute in a real game yet. Jump to conclusions much? Please don't count that as "data" in your argument. Burrs has never said hinkie's plan is the only way to build. Pulling out GS as proof that you're correct (after they've won) is like picking a high-rising stock as proof of your stock system because it back-calculates perfectly.

He doesn't know. He's a quasi basketball fan who barely watches the NBA or the Sixers, the team he refers to as "we". Yet, plays the percentages to formulate all of his opinions. Yea, 9 times out of 10 it's a lot easier to say a player won't be good or a plan won't work. Just playing the odds.

The best part is that none of these clowns has once offered up what they would do to improve the Sixers team or chances at being good. They just sit back and criticize without any solid analysis of what the organization should be doing.

He doesn't know. He's a quasi basketball fan who barely watches the NBA or the Sixers, the team he refers to as "we". Yet, plays the percentages to formulate all of his opinions. Yea, 9 times out of 10 it's a lot easier to say a player won't be good or a plan won't work. Just playing the odds.

The best part is that none of these clowns has once offered up what they would do to improve the Sixers team or chances at being good. They just sit back and criticize without any solid analysis of what the organization should be doing.
Do people admit they watch the Sixers?

michael-richards.jpg

Tom, how about I point to every team that's won the title in the previous 20 years. None of them have taken the Sixers approach. That doesn't mean the Sixers approach won't work but the early results aren't very good.

As for Okafor, I know he won't be a cornerstone player because I've seen him with my own two eyes. He's not athletic or skilled enough to be a stud at the NBA level. He's a 6'11 guy who plays below the rim. He's a minus athlete, can't guard or shoot. Outside of that he'll be great. Note, this year I expect him to put up good offensive numbers because someone has to on this team. He should be considered the favorite for RoY.

Burrs I have forgotten and played more basketball than you have in your lifetime. Insert picture of Burrs in his high school soccer jersey.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Burrs I have forgotten and played more basketball than you have in your lifetime. Insert picture of Burrs in his high school soccer jersey.

I doubt this is true.....Even if you did once dunk a tennis ball on 9'9" rim.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Yes, but even if I could use data and historical facts to back that statement you could say it's "too early to judge".

Comparing the Warriors rebuild to the Sixers is silly

The first building block was acquiring an overpaid free agent, David Lee. Then the Warriors were able to build through the draft by hitting the jackpot by having Curry fall into their lap---KAHN! (then subsequently having him have injury problems which allowed them to sign him to a favorable contract), then nailed their next pick with Klay Thompson (and Charles Jenkins), make a blah pick with Barnes, and with their third pick in that draft, take Green (Warriors had 4 picks that draft-all 4 players are still with the organization, not traded away for future assets). Also note how in four consecutive drafts they picked a PG (1st*), C (1st), SG (1st*), PG (2nd), SF (1st*), C (1st*) , SF (2nd*) , C (2nd`). Interesting how that looks like the framework for a basketball team. Also, the only time they tanked was after Curry had been hurt, in a lockout shortened season, to protect a pick (Barnes). This was also after they had gotten Bogut for Monte, instead of future draft picks. Sure, the core of the team was through the draft, but save for a short season, the goal was never to suck for years on end (all the sucking was under old ownership).

*Starter
`Still w/ org

No one is comparing the two, we're contrasting and demonstrating you can turn something around quickly by using the draft, some fringe FA's all without tanking.

gr8 point. Better to spend some dough on entertaining players while waiting for your turn on the wheel of luck. Rather than trotting out a league minimum roster and praying for your 20% lottery odds to strike AND the next Duncan/Lebron.

Please list the entertaining players the Sixers should go out sign this offseason......

No one is comparing the two, we're contrasting and demonstrating you can turn something around quickly by using the draft, some fringe FA's all without tanking.

I'll ask you. Give me the names of some fringe FAs the Sixers should acquire.

ADP, it seems like a good time and incorporate what you do best. Jump teams. Kick the Sixrrs to curb and get season tickets to the Wizzards. Good young team at the moment. With a little luck they might make a EC Final in the next couple of years.,

How did they get good? Ohh that's right their two best players were the first and third picks in the draft. After years of sucking....

I'm not sure I'm down for acquiring fringe FA. However, I would like to see the Sixers go get Kyle Lowry. Toronto would move him for a few of those 1st rounders. There are lots of things the Sixers could be doing. Instead they are doing nothing. But hey, we got another protected first rounder to use in 2018. Sam can cash a few more checks. The off-season was a success! I'd like to have used the last two first round picks on guys who would actually play for the Sixers. You fail to grasp this very simple thing. Last year they had two lottery picks and in two season they will have gotten zero minutes combined. However, we should trust the process because that's why you tank. You tank to draft guys who won't play for you so you can get even more picks that may or may not ever play for you. F'ing brilliant plan if your goal is to cash pay checks with zero accountability. If this plan works they might even get back to 40 wins in the East. We should know in another 5 years.

ADP, I have mentioned in the past several times that picks not playing bother me and it's a valid criticism. So, we agree there.

It would be easier to list the players available who suck more than Henry Sims, Hollis Thompson, Jakarr Sampson, Luc MBah A Moute, Issac Canaan and Ish Smith. That's a short list.

Per usual. You can't.

Why do you long for a 32-win team?

ADP, I have mentioned in the past several times that picks not playing bother me and it's a valid criticism. So, we agree there.
So......isn't that kind of a key part of the entire tank thing? You know, tanking to get players who actually play? This is where your logic is lost on me. If we concede on that point, what exactly are we hanging our hat on here in regards to this plan that began 3 drafts ago? It's not like we're in day 4 over here. When do we actually land the plane? It's going to take any of these kids drafted years before they are ready to win. And that's if they don't flame out before then. So I'm confused as to what the plan really is? And yes, I get it. On paper it all makes sense. However, you don't have any Lebron's coming in the next few drafts. We know who these kids are by the time they are in the 9th and 10th grade. Who are these franchise changers coming in the next year or so? They don't exist. Hence, this is my issue since we're not improving the actual team.

Let's turn this bad boy on it's head for a moment. To the supporters of tankadelphia let's answer a very simple question: After 5 years of this experience what is considered a success? You guys keep asking who we should add. Turn around is fair play. What is the a reasonable goal? We have already established the goal is not to win 48 games and end up a 3-6 seed. So would it be fair to say after 5 years we should have one conference final, 8 years a title game appearance? I'm not even saying we need to win one. However, given the Sixers play in the Eastern Conference can we all agree what I laid out above is more than reasonable to gauge success of "the process".

Here's my definition of success. Long term = I want the sixers to be poised to challenge for EC winner once Lebron's career is descending. Shorter term, I want them to stop drafting for future and start drafting for "now" in 2016. I think embiid issue pushed their time table back by one year. But (BIG if) if embiid and saric can both contribute next year, I expect playoffs.

Here's my definition of success. Long term = I want the sixers to be poised to challenge for EC winner once Lebron's career is descending. Shorter term, I want them to stop drafting for future and start drafting for "now" in 2016. I think embiid issue pushed their time table back by one year. But (BIG if) if embiid and saric can both contribute next year, I expect playoffs.
So next year (2016-17), season 4 of the process, 42 wins and a 7 seed means the plan is working and then by year 8 they'd need to be playing in the EC finals poised to break through. Fair?

So......isn't that kind of a key part of the entire tank thing? You know, tanking to get players who actually play? This is where your logic is lost on me. If we concede on that point, what exactly are we hanging our hat on here in regards to this plan that began 3 drafts ago? It's not like we're in day 4 over here. When do we actually land the plane? It's going to take any of these kids drafted years before they are ready to win. And that's if they don't flame out before then. So I'm confused as to what the plan really is? And yes, I get it. On paper it all makes sense. However, you don't have any Lebron's coming in the next few drafts. We know who these kids are by the time they are in the 9th and 10th grade. Who are these franchise changers coming in the next year or so? They don't exist. Hence, this is my issue since we're not improving the actual team.

I never believed you needed a LeBron to win. GS doesn't have one.

You need to draft good young players. Hopefully, one becomes an AS and then you'll be able to lure an established player or two to move you closer.

Obviously, the Rmbiid situation has pushed the plan back some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT