ADVERTISEMENT

Rowing Machine

BigEastBasketball

All VUSports.com Team
Feb 15, 2016
im thinking about picking one up for the basement, Frank Underwood style. Anybody use one of these regularly? There seems to be a bunch of different ways that they generate resistance: air, water, magnetic, hydraulic, but no clear best. You can get cheap ones off of amazon for like $200 and they range way up. Average price for something with decent reviews seems to be in the $700-$900 range. I'm not training to row crew at Princeton but I also don't want one that is going to fall apart on me or have the computer break or something.

What do you guys think?

Concept2 or GTFO. Get a $200 one and you'll only end up buying a $800 one in 3 months.

Looking for home use. I have a gym in my building at work, not going to join another one at home too.

Not great for the back. I do ride on a trainer when I can't get out, but I'm looking to add a second exercise to my repetoire.

Got room in your basement for one of these?

sportsCBA-Tank-IMG_7825-L.jpg

So one serious response, some insults, and a de-evolution into a post a pic thread.

Seems about right.

Feels like a Craigslist purchase to me. Whatever one you are looking at I bet you can get for less than half price in perfect condition because some other jerkoff bought it and never used it and now wants to use the space for some other pointless item they probably won't use either.

Feels like a Craigslist purchase to me. Whatever one you are looking at I bet you can get for less than half price in perfect condition because some other jerkoff bought it and never used it and now wants to use the space for some other pointless item they probably won't use either.
I thought the same thing. I checked out local craigslist yesterday and all they had was a bunch of $200 "lightly used" ones that people were trying to unload for $189. My guess is that the good ones probably go quick.

That's a "Model C," which according to the Concept website hasn't been in production since 2003. Chances are it doesn't work, or doesn't work very well, and that's a lot of scratch to drop on something that's at a minimum 13 years old.

The Model D currently retails for $900 and then they have a fancier one that's a little over a thousand.

My wife nixed this whole project, by the way, so I don't think I need any more advice.

She's been wanting a treadmill for years and I've been saying no since she can just go run outside. Condition was that if I get a rowing machine, she gets the treadmill. That will really fill up the basement, which isn't finished yet, and I'm not willing to drop many thousands of dollars on exercise equipment that we both probably won't use. So we've reached a detente.

She's been wanting a treadmill for years and I've been saying no since she can just go run outside. Condition was that if I get a rowing machine, she gets the treadmill. That will really fill up the basement, which isn't finished yet, and I'm not willing to drop many thousands of dollars on exercise equipment that we both probably won't use. So we've reached a detente.
Get her a goddamned treadmill. Don't want her to be fat.

Reactions: FatPhilM

Don't be a cheapskate. If she wants a treadmill, get her one. If you are too cheap we're going to be seeing another divorce thread.

I ain't paying for shit, that's the point.

Tough times for this litigator. Bounced from his white shoe firm which is about to go under. Now practicing law in a cubicle at a Jacoby & Meyers franchise where business casual is jeans and a Lucky graphic tee. Think you should start a GoFundMe page

Reactions: NickleDimer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT