ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers - LOL

gldendog

Post 'Til Your Fingers Bleed
Jul 24, 2001
Over-under 17.5. Progress!

Bahaha.

Okafor. Noel. And 10 pieces of trash.

And this dicknose Rob from the ticket dept has been incessantly leaving me voicemails for the last 2 months. Today I finally picked up. I don't think he'll call again.

Dicknose? Probably an intern doing thankless work. Just say no thanks and hang up.

Reactions: ericw
I get it. Impossible job. But the guy has literally left me 12 voicemails. Same guy. 12 messages. You think he might get the point by the 7th or 8th message.

I get it. Impossible job. But the guy has literally left me 12 voicemails. Same guy. 12 messages. You think he might get the point by the 7th or 8th message.
I don't think that's how it works.

th

Reactions: gldendog
I get the same thing from the NJ Devils ticket office. They are well trained but no match for my apathy.

Pick up the phone and talk to the Sixers sales guys. Nicest people in the world. They're all fresh out of college, all full of hope, gunning to work their way up to the front office. I just drink in their optimism. I cant bring myself to crap on them.

It's a new person every year because they're making poverty level wages.

Pick up the phone and talk to the Sixers sales guys. Nicest people in the world. They're all fresh out of college, all full of hope, gunning to work their way up to the front office. I just drink in their optimism. I cant bring myself to crap on them.

It's a new person every year because they're making poverty level wages.

This.....

I'm always kind. However.....Look, I'm not buying season tickets, nor packages, or whatever. When the urge hits me I'll call up or jump on the I-net to get tickets.

In all seriousness. Sixers won 18 last yr without Okafor. And with Noel getting acclimated. To think they will be worse with Okafor and a more seasoned Noel is rather nonsensical. The rest of the roster is the same. How can the team get worse?

Take the over. Team should win 20 games.

The conversation always ends with them telling me to give them a call if I plan on going to a game and they will hook me up with a deal.

And they'll be waiting the rest of their lives for that personal call from you. Who calls the ticket office for tickets anyway? There's this thing called the interwebs. I will go to 1-2 games this yr. When someone inevitably gives me tickets for nothing.

In all seriousness. Sixers won 18 last yr without Okafor. And with Noel getting acclimated. To think they will be worse with Okafor and a more seasoned Noel is rather nonsensical. The rest of the roster is the same. How can the team get worse?

Take the over. Team should win 20 games.

Other teams got better?

Reactions: ericw
I flipped by during the first quarter.

Some guy with the ball crashed into a defender on the way to the basket. Thought that guy plays just like Jakaar Sampson, except it was him. He got a haircut.

I know they're trying to lose on purpose but really, do you need to insult me with JaKarr Sampson for another season?

Christ. He was barely good at St. Johns.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I flipped by during the first quarter.

Some guy with the ball crashed into a defender on the way to the basket. Thought that guy plays just like Jakaar Sampson, except it was him. He got a haircut.

Ha ha ha

I work in the industry. People on here know my title and role. Even I lay off the Sixers calls - just an impossible sell right now.

We have daily call numbers to hit - only reason the guy calls you so often. Would be a different story if you had a legitimate conversation with him once and kept him hanging....

And they'll be waiting the rest of their lives for that personal call from you. Who calls the ticket office for tickets anyway? There's this thing called the interwebs. I will go to 1-2 games this yr. When someone inevitably gives me tickets for nothing.

If you order anything but concert tickets online you're a complete moron. Always call up and talk to someone in the front office - we never charge ticket fees. You buy a $25 ticket online to any sporting event and it costs you $35 minimum by the time you check out...

Reactions: NickleDimer
I ordered a couple times on Stubhub. When their fees were transparent and not hidden. Got good last-minute prices on tickets from people just trying to dump them. Not swindled. Now that they're back to hiding fees I wont use them. That said, I very rarely go to games. Very, very rare. Not a big fan of live sports. I enjoy a nearby pisser, no traffic, a pause button and all the other luxuries of home any day. I'd say 90% of the time when I go to a game it's tickets that are bought for me through gift or given away. I wont be calling the ticket office anytime soon. No offense, of course.

i was pleasantly surprised by okafor's level of activity/engagement defensively. he doesn't have quick feet, but unlike at duke, he at least appeared to be trying. noel is a freak athlete, but he didn't look remotely comfortable chasing otto porter around the three-point line, and he isn't a threat playing out on the floor offensively. i just don't agree that okafor's post scoring is enough to justify hamstringing your one existing good player, whose strengths are guarding the rim, guarding ballscreens, and as a diver offensively

grant is a tremendous athlete with a funky little dribble game 1 on 1, and most of his misses from 3 are on-line, just long, but the reality is probably that he just isn't very good. he and covington are borderline rotation players, optimistically. the rest of the roster is f--king abhorrent.

but remember, this was without wroten, or the big offseason signing, kendall marshall

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
There's no way Harris signed up for this, and no way out.

What is an "acceptable" outcome in judging Hinkie after another tank?

NBA Title within 5 years after this one?

2024 per burrs.

You give any GM this kind of leeway and they'd deliver a title. The bare minimum has to be a title within 5 (6 including this tank) seasons.

I'd love to hear some "anonymous" comments from the NBA GMs this year.

Worse GM, Hinkie or ChiPer?

It's so bad being a CoP sports fan, nardi. It just sucks the life out of you...

Maybe if you answered the first v-mail, he would have not called again. But, that's not the way of the bench warmer.....

Reactions: SectionWC ROW 3
Oak was knocking down mid-range jumpers on Gortat with ease. Someone told me he would never develop a jumper. Yet it appears he's already got one one game into his career. Amazing.

Oak was knocking down mid-range jumpers on Gortat with ease. Someone told me he would never develop a jumper. Yet it appears he's already got one one game into his career. Amazing.
Who was this?

I think if you can't knock down a jumper it should be spoken about, in the NBA. Shaq notwithstanding.

happening now - Sixers - Cavs in captivating preseason action ... tune it in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT