ADVERTISEMENT

Sixers - LOL

I think most Sixers fans understood they were going to be bad again this year right? Look at this way, they're essentially a year behind the Timberwolves from a progression perspective. As a fan, I just want to see how Okafor and Noel play with each other and to see their development. I hope that Grant and Covington continue to progress. Crossing my fingers that Stauskas can at least become a long term guy, albeit one most likely coming off the bench, and that Holmes becomes a good forward in the rotation. No idea what to expect out of Wroton or Pierre Jackson. Hopefully one of the two shows they can be another version of Lou Williams.

Honestly, I'll be angry if they don't get another top 5 pick. I hope they win 20-25 games this year, get a shot at two of Simmons, Brown, and Murray, Saric comes over next season, and Embiid gets healthy enough to actually play in a game. At least they have some high level NBA talent in Ok and Noel, two guys who have the potential to become top 50 or 25 players in the game.

Oak was knocking down mid-range jumpers on Gortat with ease. Someone told me he would never develop a jumper. Yet it appears he's already got one one game into his career. Amazing.

how many were off the catch, chief? he had the turnaround in college and can turn & face & make little 12' push floaters--when you play through him. the 19' standstill jumper that normal nba bigs are expected to make out of normal ball movement is a different matter

if you were a troll like ball it would be one thing, but you take these f--king shots because you really think you can f--k with me w/r/t basketball knowledge. you can't. very few can. you don't see or understand the game on remotely the same level. sorry.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
how many were off the catch, chief? he had the turnaround in college and can turn & face & make little 12' push floaters--when you play through him. the 19' standstill jumper that normal nba bigs are expected to make out of normal ball movement is a different matter

if you were a troll like ball it would be one thing, but you take these f--king shots because you really think you can f--k with me w/r/t basketball knowledge. you can't. very few can. you don't see or understand the game on remotely the same level. sorry.

Very few can.

What NBA team are you a scout for again?

Oh, cool.

Last edited:
I think most Sixers fans understood they were going to be bad again this year right? Look at this way, they're essentially a year behind the Timberwolves from a progression perspective. As a fan, I just want to see how Okafor and Noel play with each other and to see their development. I hope that Grant and Covington continue to progress. Crossing my fingers that Stauskas can at least become a long term guy, albeit one most likely coming off the bench, and that Holmes becomes a good forward in the rotation. No idea what to expect out of Wroton or Pierre Jackson. Hopefully one of the two shows they can be another version of Lou Williams.

Honestly, I'll be angry if they don't get another top 5 pick. I hope they win 20-25 games this year, get a shot at two of Simmons, Brown, and Murray, Saric comes over next season, and Embiid gets healthy enough to actually play in a game. At least they have some high level NBA talent in Ok and Noel, two guys who have the potential to become top 50 or 25 players in the game.
burrs, please take off your "alt" when posting.

Caught a little of the Warriors Nuggets preseason game last night. I was very impressed by Mudiay. His shot is ugly, though it went in a couple times, but overall he looks like he belongs on an NBA court and has a good feel for the game.

I looked through some Sixers preseason box scores and my response was mostly "Who!?".

1626174.png

Christian Wood looks like Okafor…both 6'11', same hairdo…very confusing.

Caught a little of the Warriors Nuggets preseason game last night. I was very impressed by Mudiay. His shot is ugly, though it went in a couple times, but overall he looks like he belongs on an NBA court and has a good feel for the game.

i haven't seen much of him between summer league and preseason, but enough to see that the forecasts of him being a mcw-level non-shooter were unrealistically dire. and unlike russell he beats his guy and gets into the lane. he stayed in china after getting injured, and seems like a high-character guy. seems like people soured on him for no real reason once he got hurt, just as they did with noel

okafor is in better shape and plays harder than i expected, but it remains thoroughly disillusioning that hinkie took him over mudiay and porzingis. i just don't understand. zinger had a made 3 and ten rebounds in his first preseason game. "never" and "february" are the likely answers for when okafor achieves each benchmark. i don't know if i'd have had the balls to take zinger at #3, but he and noel would be a quite a pairing in the positionless basketball era. and no matter what shitheads like bilas and liberty ballers kool-aid drinkers say, if you have half a f--king clue, it takes watching two or three defensive possessions to understand that towns is on an entirely different level than okafor in terms of athleticism, effort, energy, and overall impact. flip saunders is a complete jackass and lucks into towns and wiggins. hinkie ends up with embiid's cadaver (still the right move; no longer so sure about saric--who can't shoot or defend--instead of lavine) and outsmarts himself into taking okafor

the right to swap with sacto is huge, and they still have that lakers pick, but i'd feel better if they had nothing instead of okafor. building around him is a dead f--king end

I believe the Sixers will regret on passing on Mudiay. He was clearly no worse than 3rd on my wish list. Towns clear #1, then Russell/Mudiay, and would have been ok with either. Followed by Okafor 4th.

It's too soon to tell. Quit being such a negative Nancy. Why are you even a fan? Must you always be critical? Get a new schtick.

It's a gut feeling. I'll always be more enticed with the high level athlete. With that said, I'm not closing the book on Okafor and still feel that they can be successful with him if right parts are added along the way. My observations on this topic area almost always sincere, while you're nothing more than a redundant troll. And I felt this way at the draft. This team needs a guard and eventually a stud guard. It's my belief that Mudiay has at least the same chance of being this as Okafor does as being one in the front court. So, everything being equal give me the guard with upside if there. Especially, when this year's draft is littered with high potential SF's. More than likely there will be no PG in this year's draft as good as Mudiay.

I said Hezonja before the draft and still believe it should have been him

I would have taken him over russell or okafor. he was damn near an ideal fit for what they used to look like they wanted to do, and for what was missing from the roster. I haven't seen him since the summer but he looked like the best athlete on the floor, and he's bigger and stronger than i expected. a guy who can run and jump and (in time) defend and whack 25 footers can fit in anywhere. okafor demands sacrifices from the people around him, and for what?

I would have taken him over russell or okafor. he was damn near an ideal fit for what they used to look like they wanted to do, and for what was missing from the roster. I haven't seen him since the summer but he looked like the best athlete on the floor, and he's bigger and stronger than i expected. a guy who can run and jump and (in time) defend and whack 25 footers can fit in anywhere. okafor demands sacrifices from the people around him, and for what?

He certainly isn't dominating pre-season like you would expect a future all star to do but he is aggressive and clearly going to have a long productive career. If he just rides his natural talent he'll play for 12 years. If he adjusts his attitude and focuses on defense more he'll make multiple all star teams. Cannot confidently say the same thing about Okafor - no different mental approach will change his impact level

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT