ADVERTISEMENT

Stands are totally empty

qwe005

Diaper Dandy
Oct 2, 2009
I don't want to hear anyone saying we are underreporting attendance. I just paused my interweb stream and took the time to count all the fans in the stands on one side of the field. About 250 people.

We are reporting tickets sold, not actual fans in the seats, if we report anything more than a thousand fans at this game.

I said this in another thread, we could be playing USC today and that still would not make up for the fact that watching a game on campus is not a fun experience.

Pretty much everyone is lumped in the ND section, and that section is about 30% filled. A couple fans in the top of the NC section and then a few stragglers throughout.

Doesn't matter where the game is played. Has more to do with the product. Did you see that extra point? That's what we are talking about, a very low level of the sport. Who are we playing? Yosemite Sam State? Yawn. There is simply no interest in division 2 football at villanova.

qwe,
obviously the stands that are visible are painfully empty.
however, the student section and the season ticket holder seats are on the opposite side of the stadium. my guess is that the other side is 75% full.

Originally posted by ericw:
qwe,
obviously the stands that are visible are painfully empty.
however, the student section and the season ticket holder seats are on the opposite side of the stadium. my guess is that the other side is 75% full.
Yeah, the fans are dressed like empty benches.

The bleachers are awful. I can't go anymore because the seats are too cramped. I don't go to the pavilion either.

Originally posted by qwe005:
I don't want to hear anyone saying we are underreporting attendance. I just paused my interweb stream and took the time to count all the fans in the stands on one side of the field. About 250 people.

We are reporting tickets sold, not actual fans in the seats, if we report anything more than a thousand fans at this game.
when you say "about 250 people" you obviously didn't "take the time to count all the fans in the stands m one side of the field".

GO BACK AND GET THE JOB DONE RIGHT!!!!

or we'll make you come up with documenting each and every penny on your "VU FB loses $7 million every year"

The yosemite sam band has shown up. That doubles the size of the crowd in the north bleachers. Sweet!!

Eric if this creep qwe were posting his crap on Nova Nation, would you ban him? Or is it just football fans who are made to suffer?

I'm not saying anything wrong. We have different opinions on some issues. My opinion is the common sense approach, yours is that of serving your own self interests. My opinion does not make me a creep here. I watched the game, the place was empty. Why can't we mention this fact?

Your behavior makes you a creep. Not the time to be on the football board with cheap shots about football. It is rude.
The fact that I disagree with you is NOT why I think you should be banned. Your complete lack of class points to you as a real ass. We get your point. Got it years ago. Like I posted before contact Fr. Peter. We both know he knows you are a horses butt.
Football is here to stay. Get over it.
When will you send your first Annual Giving check? Hopefully it will be when you get a job.

Uncle Ed, in true football tuff guy form. Throwing out insults instead of discussing the merits of the topic.

As a first year attendee, I was so incredibly impressed by the class of the fans, the spirit of the team and the overall experience of gameday. Poor sportsmanship is a blight in this country and should be removed from teams, bleachers AND public forums. I applaud the thousands of loyal fans and look forward to making many new friends. People who scream CRAP over and over just to make their ignorant opinions seem important should be removed at all times.

Well said Ed. I applaud those kids out their playing and giving their all to this football program. What they put their bodies through. Warriors out there.

Tough loss, but we had a great year!!!

Go Nova!!!!

I was enjoying this board for a few days when he was gone. I don't post much, but I always listen. Now back to this crap. Every other post is from this guy. This forum is becoming unbearable. I want to talk VU football, not how much of a plague it is. There are other FCS forums that have become my go-to. I really don't understand how this has been allowed to go on for so long.

Exactly!!!! I get it, he has a gripe, but coming into this forum isn't helping his call. It's just so irritating
chairshot.r191677.gif
I try ignoring it, but sheesh.. this is getting ridiculous.. How much time does a person have to bash a team in their own forum? It's so odd and negative.

If you hate the program take up the cause. Call around, do something, but coming in here trying to put a damper on the fans' school spirit is repulsive.

Let's all vote for qwe005 to be banned from this forum for good as well as the basketball forum

Or what ever name he uses!

It is time to stand up for All Nova fans here!!

UncleEd, you don't think qwe is smart enough to know when a bunch of posters log on around the same time saying the same nonsense and they all have under a 50 posts that this is you creating "alt"s? Come on man. Just square up and use your real handle!!

What do you want an arena full of lazy boy chairs seats, stop bitching and keep watching at home. Bit*h A$$ excuse

Dear horse's butt This is the second time you called me a coward. My handle is Uncle Ed has been for my entire time on this board, about 9800 posts . Guess you are too dumb to realize how many different people you offend.

Eric - I thought that these message boards were here to discuss Villanova sports, good or bad. To have someone like ball constantly blasting a program is far from constructive. He seriously needs some help. I applaud the football team for another fine season and wish all of the guys on the team a happy and healthy holiday. Good luck on your finals and enjoy your time off. And Ball, seriously get some help.

100 percent in support of Uncle Ed. Love our football team and program.

Of interest to me is where was the VU band? I don't want to get too deep into why they were not there, but their absence get me angry.

UncleEd - Yesterday was a huge day for finals at Villanova. Four different sessions. They didn't want to pull together a makeshift band, so they decided no band was better.

Originally posted by VU82:
UncleEd - Yesterday was a huge day for finals at Villanova. Four different sessions. They didn't want to pull together a makeshift band, so they decided no band was better.
Wow! Was that the official response of the school? Finals day didn't seem to affect the team - all the players were there. I don't get how no band could be better than a smaller band. Having no band at such an important game just feeds into the feeling that Nova students just don't care about the football program.

Couldn't we have invited a local High School band to represent us? SHS band traveled 1,000 miles to arrive at halftime to support their team. Note to SHS Band Director. Check with Coach Keller on how to find a good Travel Director and TRANSFER your account. If you travel 1000 miles you sure as hell want to be on time!

Ncaaball/qwe is a documented sociopath. I would say he is a misguided young man but he is pushing 40.

Doctor van is a documented racist. I would say he is just joking with all his racist jokes, but he is not.

Tell me what I am, Andy. You meanwhile are a person who enjoys provoking negative responses from people for no reason. You have no sincere desire to improve the University or its athletic programs. If that's not sociopathic, I don't know what is.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm sure that balls check to "The Greater Great" will be designated to the soccer team. Oh wait, I am sure that he hasn't given dime one to Villanova.

Letsgonova, I think you are a good villanovan and I have never really taken any exception to anything you have said. However you fall into the villanova tuff guy mentality of resulting to insults in place of merit based discussions.

Look, I know my view is not popular among the villanova tuff guy community. But at the end of the day, it always results to insults on me, but no retort to the position I take. Why? Because you all know I am correct. And although my view may not be popular here, it is the best course of action for the university.

We should not be starving basketball so we can make our number one financial athletic priority a division 2 sport that had just over 5,000 combined fans at both their playoff games. That is insanity.

And dcfranklin can say I am hurting the program, but I am not. It is the complete lack of interest in the program, despite incredible support from the school, that is the problem. At some point the school needs to start making correct decisions about football.

Division 2 football is a bad product. Villanova community has spoken with their attendance many years for home playoff games. The villanova community does not like low level football. And who can blame them?

You really are an idiot.

You stalk a board of people who are passionate fans of Villanova football with unrelenting insults, garbage and the same opinion voiced many times over. And you whine that people may insult you. Grow up.

Wrong, I don't care that people I sult me.

However, the fact that the villanova tuff guy mentality is to resort to insults instead of merit based discussion as to the biggest harm to villanova athletics is a telling take. And you calling epme an idiot with the same mentality shows you are probably just another football tuff guy. Insults over merit based discussion....

All right. Against my better judgement, let's have a merit-based discussion.

Show me one example of how Villanova
Football is starving men's basketball, and I'll never bother you again.

Originally posted by VU82:
They were not there last week either!

LGN!

Specifics? Pavilion renovation and the administration crying broke.

More general, our basketball team is in the bottom of of the big east in operating budget, and outside the top 40 nationally. Sure, things are going well now, but that is a disaster waiting to happen down the line. If we want to be a top 25 team year in and year out, we need to fund the program as such. But stealing from basketball to fund 2,110 fans' desire to watch a division 2 football team is insanity. And when jay eventually leaves (let's hope it is in 2034 for retirement, and not 2019 because we couldn't afford him because we are wasting money on football), this could bite us in the ass. Football is thrwoing good money after bad. Basketball and soccer is where we need to invest.

The capital funds for the Pavilion renovation are not at all related to ongoing expenditures for football. Most football "costs" are scholarships that are non-cash expenses. Just because the athletic department shows that money in their budget doesn't mean Villanova actually outlays that cash. Having 65 more students on campus has no real
Marginal cost. The arena is a capital investment that will be funded separately.

I doubt seriously we are near the bottom of the Big East in annual spending. I'd bet we are only behind Marquette and Georgetown, and that is only because they each have to rent an NBA arena for all home games. jay is the highest paid coach in the BE, we fly charter to all games, all five positions plus the head coaching position are endowed, etc.

Further, if football disappeared tomorrow, Villanova would simply reduce the athletic dept subsidy by an equivalent amount. This idea that there are all these millions that could get magically reapportioned is false. See my comments on scholarships above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT