ADVERTISEMENT

Stanley Cup Finals

If the ratings are so great then why do we get American Ninja Warrior on national TV instead of the game's most important event?

Can anyone explain this to me?

who cares. Why is walking dead on AMC getting better ratings than national TV. Tons of shows on cable out rating national tv. The national TV argument in todays world is flat out silly.

by the way the ratings were up 14% year over year for game 3. Not much to explain other than that. Up is good, down is bad

This reminds me of the Temple fan argument that Nova is dead because of FS1 versus ESPN 2,3 and U. Please you can't make this stuff up

Last edited:
When it comes to regular TV shows the big four can only push the envelope so far.

We're talking sports here. Why can't the SC be put on national TV for the duration? Does anyone have an answer?

Ultimately, I agree with you. I don't care what channel it's on.

The NBA can't hold the NFL's jock - who cares? No one who likes the NHL gives a shit that some random dbags who knows jack about jack watches a few games at the end of the year. Basically its the best thing about the sport - we don't get a lot of casual fans like yourself watching a few games and acting like they knew what they are talking about. What makes the games culture great. Fan experience is probably the best in sports to those of us who actually follow. Ratings and revenues are growing - have been for years, and this makes you look like the troll you have become full time now. yawn yawn yawn

Can you answer my question? Why can't the SC be shown on regular NBC instead of American Ninja Warrior?

And I watch more than a few games and know little bit more than you think. Even though I don't play on an over 40 league.

And who is "we"? I didn't know you worked in the league's front office.

Mission accomplished. Look how mad he gets. Typical hockey head douchebag whongets all rattled and protective of their niche sport.

I watched the last two periods tonight. Good game. Doc brought it up to another level like he typically does. I enjoyed it even though it was on a 5th tier channel.

Exactly - I don't work for tne league so how the F do I know ( or care ) why the NBC deal is the way it is?

And make no mistake, I know how much you know. Not much. Love how you are famous for calling out people for trying to be ncaaball, and now all you do is troll. You bore me. And who's mad? Not me. I find your entire sheltered life bemusing more than anything. Cross a bridge sometime - it's a big world out there.

Also - can you explain why the NBA get crushed by the NFL?

Exactly - I don't work for tne league so how the F do I know ( or care ) why the NBC deal is the way it is?

And make no mistake, I know how much you know. Not much. Love how you are famous for calling out people for trying to be ncaaball, and now all you do is troll. You bore me.

I guess you don't as much as you think you do then.

Could it be that NBC executives think that putting Anerican Ninja Warrior is worth more to them then SC hockey games?

I know plenty. Not on your level, but more than a lot of people. Stop acting like the game is hard to figure out. It's not.

Yea, all I do is troll. Based off of what? Poking fun at the game for not being interesting enough to be put on network TV? And the choke is a choke thread? That's all you got.

Man, diehard hockey fans really need to loosen up. Bunch of protective babies.

You think Craig Berube is smart. The only place you know 'more than most' is your neighborhood - which you admittedly do not leave. They still think its 1974.

You have moved trolling full time. Gratuitous shots at Villanova, constantly targeting TJC, NBA bloviating, the Mets, this. And you don't even see it. Cue the ' typical CoDb!" Or " I don't even like you a little" You're officially boring. Have fun.

I don't care what channel it's on (so long as I have that channel) or how many people watch it. It's not as if there is a paucity of people with whom to discuss the games the following day. The Stanley Cup playoffs are my favorite in sports. They never fail to deliver.

Exactly. The World Series this last year, pretty pedestrian and one of fhe lowest rates in history, drew nearly as many viewers as this NBA final, which showcases the best player in ages putting on a lifetime performance - who cares? Only a troll would even bring this up. Another great game last night for the NHL in yet another series that is shaping up to be a classic. I can't yawn enough. Dumb observation,, but at this point what do we expect from the board's leading troll?

You think Craig Berube is smart. The only place you know 'more than most' is your neighborhood - which you admittedly do not leave. They still think its 1974.

You have moved trolling full time. Gratuitous shots at Villanova, constantly targeting TJC, NBA bloviating, the Mets, this. And you don't even see it. Cue the ' typical CoDb!" Or " I don't even like you a little" You're officially boring. Have fun.

God, you are a bitter, bitter person.

There isn't one accurate statement in this post.

Settle down, Chump.

Exactly. The World Series this last year, pretty pedestrian and one of fhe lowest rates in history, drew nearly as many viewers as this NBA final, which showcases the best player in ages putting on a lifetime performance - who cares? Only a troll would even bring this up. Another great game last night for the NHL in yet another series that is shaping up to be a classic. I can't yawn enough. Dumb observation,, but at this point what do we expect from the board's leading troll?

Yawn....

A choke is a choke.

American Ninja Warrior.

Look, we all miss ncaaball, but your impression is awful. What a troll. Btw - what channel was the game on Saturday night, meat?

Look, we all miss ncaaball, but your impression is awful. What a troll. Btw - what channel was the game on Saturday night, meat?

Saturday? National TV NBC. Smart move piggybacking off the Belmont.

Not sure why you're upset that I'm asking why all the games aren't on the main network. I'm just curious to why TV executives prefer American Ninja Warrior over the sports biggest event. If no one can answer this then we can move on. No biggie.

Reel it in, buddy. No need to get all bent out of shape. I'm here to help if you need it.

By the way, Dmil calling someone else a troll is priceless. Yawn.

I just don't understand why you care. What are you trying to prove? Why was the NBA playoffs pre finals on TNT? who cares. Its on TV anyone can watch it that doesn't have rabbit ears on top of their TV so why does this matter. Its just a ridiculous question. Then you add in that ratings are way up and you just look silly at the point I think you are trying to make.

Just to make this point even dumber the rest of the games are on NBC. Please end the stupidity

Good one Meat! More ball nutsacking. Not even a little! Codb! #Bloviator #Iknowmoreaboutbasketballthanyou! Joepa is innnocent! #FrandoesMorewithless

Boring. Yawn.

I just don't understand why you care. What are you trying to prove? Why was the NBA playoffs pre finals on TNT? who cares. Its on TV anyone can watch it that doesn't have rabbit ears on top of their TV so why does this matter. Its just a ridiculous question. Then you add in that ratings are way up and you just look silly at the point I think you are trying to make.

Just to make this point even dumber the rest of the games are on NBC. Please end the stupidity

Piper, you seem like a decent dude, but you really need to pay attention better.

Anyhow, do you have an explanation to why some of the games aren't on the main network?

Good one Meat! More ball nutsacking. Not even a little! Codb! #Bloviator #Iknowmoreaboutbasketballthanyou! Joepa is innnocent! #FrandoesMorewithless

Boring. Yawn.

Watching you unravel like this is special. But in doing so at least incorporate a little intellectual honesty to your hashtags.

#achokeisachoke
#americanninjawarrior
#imheretohelp
#everythingokathome
#callingthesiblings

I am not a TV executive so I really don't know what goes into their decision making in terms of where they place certain events. That being said the fact that the rest of the games are on NBC makes this pretty irrelevant don't you think. What is the point you are trying to make? Is to that no one cares about hockey and thats why its not on NBC? If so thats just not the case so why continue this argument.

He's a troll, and he's not even good at it. All he does is troll these days. Boring. Miss the times when he was posting nude men covering up his own issues - it's gotten that bad. tjc, mets, hockey, NYR, slobbing Jordan's knob, troll troll troll. My advice is, put on the Philllies zip up, rub one out to Rollins' D or a Hinkie draft pick, and get back to what you do. Sooner the better. For all of us. #ballnutsacking #leavetheCoLforonce
#therewasmusicmadeafterPurpleRaintryitsometime.
#joepaandfranDnothingtoseehere
#tweetingatmassinelli
#grownmannameonmybackinpublic
#highschoolsoccerjerseyworninmy40s

What argument? Looking for an explanation.

No one seems to be able to provide one, so I'll just assume that NBC executives think it's In their best interest to air Ametican Ninja Warrior to the entire country than hockey's biggest event. No biggie. Not sure why it upsets people.

He's a troll, and he's not even good at it. All he does is troll these days. Boring. Miss the times when he was posting nude men covering up his own issues - it's gotten that bad. tjc, mets, hockey, NYR, slobbing Jordan's knob, troll troll troll. My advice is, put on the Philllies zip up, rub one out to Rollins' D or a Hinkie draft pick, and get back to what you do. Sooner the better. For all of us. #ballnutsacking #leavetheCoLforonce
#therewasmusicmadeafterPurpleRaintryitsometime.
#joepaandfranDnothingtoseehere
#tweetingatmassinelli
#grownmannameonmybackinpublic
#highschoolsoccerjerseyworninmy40s

Intellectual honesty --- Go get some, chump.

Man, look at the unraveling. Sad.

the weird part about this is burrs is a hockey fan yet is posting the crap about American Ninja warrior. who cares? the NBA is more popular in the US. who cares though?

Dude, you're in your 40's hanging out in HS gyms in a Phillies jacket keeping stats for kids that are not your own.

Who's sad here?

#nothingisaidcanbedisputed.

I am a hockey fan. I watched the last two periods last night. Great game. Good sport. But man, are the diehards a sensitive bunch.

There's a guy who works here. Doesn't have cable. Pretty good hockey fan. I asked him if he enjoyed the game. He told me he watched Ametican Ninja Warrior. Kept waiting for it to come on. He asked me why isn't the entire series on NBC? I wasn't sure. I told him that I'll ask some hockey experts on this newsgroup. They'll definitely know why. Yet, no one does. Strange. All I'm getting is intellectually dishonest hashtags. Yawn.

Maybe those same executives came to their collective senses and are putting the rest of the games on NBC. So what is the question.

Dude, you're in your 40's hanging out in HS gyms in a Phillies jacket keeping stats for kids that are not your own.

Who's sad here?

#nothingisaidcanbedisputed.

One, I get paid. Two, I'm on the staff at my old school. Three, my hoops activity has been cut back tremendously over the last 3-4 years. Barely do it anymore. Mostly just football on a Friday night or Saturdayvafternoon these days. You think you know the deal, but really you don't. Regardless, it's enjoyable.

You're a bitter, bitter D-bag.

Here we go with the name calling again. Anyway, you get paid to wear a Phillies sweater?

Maybe those same executives came to their collective senses and are putting the rest of the games on NBC. So what is the question.

Determined before the series. Why isn't the entire series on network television? That's the question.....

You do. It's right there. To your left. #grownmansnameonyourback.

It's a light jacket. With no name. Not a sweater with a name. But keep making stuff up. It's what you do well. There's not another poster on here that preaches a certain edict, but then goes ahead and does the opposite.

#intellrctualhonestygetsome

DMIL, you're being a dick. Knock it off.

Not really. And not sure he needs you to be his minder. Anyway, perhaps the constant trolling will stop and we can get back to discussing this great game.

Not really. And not sure he needs you to be his minder. Anyway, perhaps the constant trolling will stop and we can get back to discussing this great game.

Constant trolling????? Once. This thread. The choke is a choke was you getting your medicine returned. And like everyone mentioned you became unraveled in that thread.

Everything ok at home? I'm here to help.

#exaggerationking

Why isn't the entire series on network television?

I dont know the answer and dont care. Why do you

Constant trolling and you don't even see it. Nova threads, TJC, Mets, NYR, NHL - constant at this point. Boring too. That you think it's one thread speaks to your own lack of bloviating awareness. It take a lot more than some self important bloviating meat that never leaves the CoL to bother me. You're not as meaningful as you think you are.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT