ADVERTISEMENT

Star Wars

i guess you can explain it if the storm troopers are versed in some sword training. didn't really think of that. it makes even more sense if Ren is more of this brute force and not nuanced in the arts just yet. i do doubt Finn has any special Force abilities. Lando didn't have any force abilities, so i dont think that connection qualifies it, but it's neat as a possibility.

I hadn't thought of Finn as Lando's son until the last two posts. Would be cool

All in all though he was a half-assed Sith. It's also why Rey schooled him and she just discovered the Force 2 hours earlier.

Yeah I agree with this. I thought that Ren's angry outbursts destroying crap, combined with him asking for Vadar to show him the dark side again, showed that he wasn't yet a total badass. Has some powerful but he let that piss-ant General verbally push him around. Vadar would have forced raped that f'er in a mili-second. I thought Finn decided he had a chance when he saw Ren was injured and mentally distracted (and even then only lasted for 30 seconds). It's clear that Rey is the more powerful of the two.

Saw it last night, thought it was solid but not spectacular, would like to go see it again before I make some ultimate judgements. Most of the comments on here are pretty spot on, thought it mirrored A New Hope too much but what are you gonna do.

Also, don't think there is a need to see it in 3D, some sap I went with wanted to, and I didn't care enough to argue.

if fin or rey are related to anyone, it would be a sign that the writers probably dont give a damn. how many orphaned scavengers, farmers, and crappy stormtroopers in an entire galaxy just happen to be related to the same small group?

Yes, you are a huge nerd because you have seen the most popular movie series of all time. It's such a niche film.

Seeing it doesn't make you a nerd, but having in-depth knowledge of the star wars universe beyond the movies (i.e. knowing Grievous' guards weapons are called electrostaffs) does.

I'm going to come clean: in high school I spent well over 400 hours playing a World of Warcraft-style game called Star Wars Galaxies on the PC. My friends stopped calling me to hang out eventually. My grades slipped. My athleticism declined. I don't regret it one bit.

Seeing it doesn't make you a nerd, but having in-depth knowledge of the star wars universe beyond the movies (i.e. knowing Grievous' guards weapons are called electrostaffs) does.

I'm going to come clean: in high school I spent well over 400 hours playing a World of Warcraft-style game called Star Wars Galaxies on the PC. My friends stopped calling me to hang out eventually. My grades slipped. My athleticism declined. I don't regret it one bit.
Did you see the preview for that dreadful movie WARCRAFT?

Not really. Lots of people read spinoff books about it with lots of additional details. Same with lord of the rings, star trek, harry potter. etc. etc.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
Did you see the preview for that dreadful movie WARCRAFT?

Yeah they showed it at my theater. Cannot believe that it's a real thing being made.

By the way - the 84th Street AMC on Broadway is an incredible theater. Best reclining seats I've sat in. It's the only thing I return to the upper west side for.

Yeah they showed it at my theater. Cannot believe that it's a real thing being made.

By the way - the 84th Street AMC on Broadway is an incredible theater. Best reclining seats I've sat in. It's the only thing I return to the upper west side for.
Yeah, it is solid.

Just curious as to what makes these reclining seats better than another theaters recliners? They're all standard no? Or does a girl blow you in these?

Just curious as to what makes these reclining seats better than another theaters recliners? They're all standard no? Or does a girl blow you in these?

They lean all the way back like you're literally lying down. Nice puffy leather. Armrests wide enough so you can put your elbows up on both sides and not bump into the person next to you. Pure raw comfort, a little hustle and a little muscle.

those theaters with the leather recliners are next level. no point to sit through a movie in a shitty seat ever again. not to mention, they have a bar so you can have a few.

speaking of previews, did they do that sloths at the DMV one? thought it was hilarious.

those theaters with the leather recliners are next level. no point to sit through a movie in a shitty seat ever again. not to mention, they have a bar so you can have a few.

speaking of previews, did they do that sloths at the DMV one? thought it was hilarious.

Zootopia is the movie with the sloths. it's going to be great from what I hear/see (wife works for disney).

(wife works for disney).

BN-DW870_NYWEAT_E_20140729180309.jpg

if fin or rey are related to anyone, it would be a sign that the writers probably dont give a damn. how many orphaned scavengers, farmers, and crappy stormtroopers in an entire galaxy just happen to be related to the same small group?

Rey has to be related to someone from the prior movies, somehow. Too strong in the force, and too core of an element of the series focus on familial bonds to ignore.

Finn, agree, his being related to someone would be lazy and probably labeled racist given how few black characters there are in SW films, from what I know of him (and his casting as a central character in the first place) have to think Abrams would be sensitive to that. Not happening.

Finn may as well be named Token. No relation to previous characters. His barely knowing how to handle a light saber proves he has no Force in his bloodline.

Old white people are going to lose their shit in the next 2 movies when he bangs Rey and episode 9 ends with a vanilla fudge force baby being born.

I'm liking the thought that Finn is Lando's son. He is as smooth as a Colt 45 with his relationship with Rey. He certainly isn't strong with the force but he was solid with the light saber-Since Han & Leia sent their kid to Luke Skywalker's Jedi Training Camp I could see Lando sending his kid as well. Don't forget Lando was putting the moves on Leia in Empire-It only makes sense that his kid would be putting the moves on Rey.

dec6cd6583b87682a12bc71ecea05a05.jpg

Finn was indoctrinated from birth (i assume) as a stormtrooper. If he is Lando's would have to assume we'll hear how Lando exchanged his newborn son for his life or something of that nature

Rey has to be related to someone from the prior movies, somehow. Too strong in the force, and too core of an element of the series focus on familial bonds to ignore.

Finn, agree, his being related to someone would be lazy and probably labeled racist given how few black characters there are in SW films, from what I know of him (and his casting as a central character in the first place) have to think Abrams would be sensitive to that. Not happening.
Yup. Rely has to be related to someone. But making Fin related to someone would just be cheesy.

One thing that this movie, And the prior 3, are lacking compared to the originals are cool, memorable names. Darth Vader, Han solo, Luke sky walker, lando, yoga, chewy, all easy to remember yet unique names. I can't think of the they new dark force guys name (guess would be Kai Loren), no clue if the girl is Rey or Ren, the fighter pilot is Po Detmer or something like that. The other three had unmemorable names too. Darth Maul? Made Windu! Padme? Can't even remember the other Darth characters.

Yup. Rely has to be related to someone. But making Fin related to someone would just be cheesy.

One thing that this movie, And the prior 3, are lacking compared to the originals are cool, memorable names. Darth Vader, Han solo, Luke sky walker, lando, yoga, chewy, all easy to remember yet unique names. I can't think of the they new dark force guys name (guess would be Kai Loren), no clue if the girl is Rey or Ren, the fighter pilot is Po Detmer or something like that. The other three had unmemorable names too. Darth Maul? Made Windu! Padme? Can't even remember the other Darth characters.

giphy.gif

Reactions: adp98
Rey brother to Kylo bump?

Also because Dr. V wont appreciate any more Star Wars talk.

Isn't that already made public? Seems pretty obvious.

Agreed, her and Han also really hit it off in their interactions which would make it real overt. But think they should (and hopefully will) come up with something else, based on it being out there, and the fact that there was a lot of Han-Leia dialogue on the son that made no mention of another kid. Would be weird to be like, oh yeah, we let the audience in on that discussion of the son but forgot to mention there is also a daughter of the two of them that they abandoned somewhere.

And Kylo probably not as strong with the force as Rey from what we've seen.

Would prefer to find out that she's a Luke lovechild, Obi Wan granddaughter, Vader descendant by another line, something like that.

Hope she's another immaculate conception via the midi chlorians. That would be so cheesy prequel-esque

I thought it was a theory that is being thrown around and not canon. There is the other theory as Lowry points out that she is the offspring of Luke.

There's the ultimate Star Wars nerd alert, "canon". I've heard that in Jar Jar's version of the gospel he's a bit obsessed with how masculine little Anakin looks in his pod racer.

Saw it the other night.

While the good guys were sneaking around the death star (or whatever it is), I wondered how this place didn't have any security cameras in place. Horrible security system

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT