ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Ques: CoP Sports Edition

Most inappropriate place you've ever participated in an E-A-G-L-E-S chant?

Odds of one happening at the upcoming Papal Mass?

Which Philly athlete do you think had/has the hottest wife?

1. Nowhere. Have done very few of these in my lifetime. Maybe, hammered in a bar a few times.

2. Ha ha ha....51%

3. I don't pay attention to shit like this. Off the top of my head. I'm more an Utley guy than say Hamels.

When you go watch a game live, what is your eating routine? Do you eat anything in the ball park?

I might grab a sausage/peppers/onions at a Phils game. Maybe, a slice or pretzel in an arena. I'm more of a cocktail guy at events. I'll typically eat before or wait to later. I don't go to games to hit the concession stands.

Bigger c*nt: schilling or papelbon?

Evaluate Gary Matthews as a color guy.

Did your dad ever have run ins with athletes while on the job?

Favorite place to have a miller lite and watch a game?

1. Good one. I'll say Schilling because he's smarter and just acts dick-ish at times. But I like CS more, too.

2. Not really or I can't remember. He did have a detail back in the day inside Phillies' dugout. Got me a ball signed by entire team. Two years later I played with it on the cement, ha ha.

3. Used to be old neighborhood - Eddie's Cafe. Not anymore. Then, Callahan's at 27th & South. But that closed, too. Now I'll hit Chickies, sometimes Paddy Whacks on South St., but only because o have friends that work there and it can be a central meeting place. Not much for me on Delco. Although, the wife and I have been hitting Tavola's over at Springfield CC of late. Pretty good there.

(Pick 3 of the 5) Where were you and how did you react when...

1) Joe Carter homered off Mitch Williams?
2) Scottie Reynolds went coast to coast against Pitt?
3) Iverson stomped over Tyronn Lue?
4) Ronde Barber intercepted McNabb?
5) You found out that Harry Kalas died?

Has a Philadelphia sporting occasion ever caused you to "call all the siblings"? If so, what was it?

The only time I can recall calling all (actually, both) of my siblings was to inform them of our grandmother's death

What is your all time starting 5 for the Sixers?
You have 1 game to win for the World Series - in their prime who would you have on the bump - Halladay or Carlton?
Will Ron Hextall successfully guide the Flyers to a Stanley Cup win?
McCarthy/Davis (or Moyer)/Stairs or McCarthy/Wheels/Sarge
5 current Phillies (big league club) you see being an integral part of their success in the future?
Favorite cam at Phillies games - Bongo, Cow bell, Walk like Bernie, Wobble, or Kiss?

What makes Philly such a good sports town.
Why has there been so little championship success in said sports town.

favorite Flyer / best Flyer you saw
favorite Phillie / best
fav Eagle / best
fav 76er / best

What is your all-time Big 5 Team?

Which Philadelphia pro franchise will be the next to win a championship
Which Philadelphia pro franchise is least likely to win a championship in your lifetime.

Which Big 5 team will be the next to reach the Final Four

Burrs, do you ever go up to Tavola's on Sundays?

Never been there on a Sunday except for a brunch or two. Anything special about Sunday's? We usually go over on Saturdays, late afternoons. Enjoy a few pops, maybe an app or two, and listen to someone strum the guitar on the patio. Pretty decent atmosphere. Close to home and we can drop the kids off at mom's for a few hours.

(Pick 3 of the 5) Where were you and how did you react when...

1) Joe Carter homered off Mitch Williams?
2) Scottie Reynolds went coast to coast against Pitt?
3) Iverson stomped over Tyronn Lue?
4) Ronde Barber intercepted McNabb?
5) You found out that Harry Kalas died?

I like these...

1. Home. Just remember feeling major disappointment. I think I was kind of shocked it ended that way. It happened so fast. It was like 12 feet off the ground and just inside the pole.

2. I was at a wedding with future Mrs. Burrs. It was one of her friends. I was tracking on my phone, but someone had a little portable TV. I believe he scored during the middle of wedding party announcements. The guy with TV was a Nova grad from 2nd St. We were kind amazed it happened but couldn't really overdo it because of time & place.

3. A bar in SWP (Eddie's). Probably went nuts because it was probably rocking. Then again, nothing AI did surprised me.

4. Eddie's. I'm pretty sure I yelled f+ck and stepped outside. Then came back in and revisited the entire game and what went wrong.

5. Wasn't this an afternoon game? I was home and I think I found out when the broadcast cane on. Sort of in shock because I didn't think he was in poor health.

What makes Philly such a good sports town.
Why has there been so little championship success in said sports town.

For me, it's the availability of four major sports and good college hoops throughout my lifetime. Plenty of media coverage. When teams are successful I think it brings people together. Sports are great.

Not sure why there's been little success. It's just the way it is. I don't think there is a specific reason.

Never been there on a Sunday except for a brunch or two. Anything special about Sunday's? We usually go over on Saturdays, late afternoons. Enjoy a few pops, maybe an app or two, and listen to someone strum the guitar on the patio. Pretty decent atmosphere. Close to home and we can drop the kids off at mom's for a few hours.

Sunday is essentially the same thing. Usually a large crowd on the patio, live music, etc. My buddies go up there every Sunday in the summer around 4. I meet them up there every two weeks or so. We're friends with some of the bartenders and waitresses. So if you're ever up there around 4 on a Sunday, look for a young guy with glasses and a Love Park tattoo on his arm and introduce yourself. Happy to tell you about my divorce in person.

favorite Flyer / best Flyer you saw
favorite Phillie / best
fav Eagle / best
fav 76er / best

What is your all-time Big 5 Team?

Which Philadelphia pro franchise will be the next to win a championship
Which Philadelphia pro franchise is least likely to win a championship in your lifetime.

Which Big 5 team will be the next to reach the Final Four

My lifetime for these....

Lindros/Clarke
Rollins/Schmidt
Dawkins/White
Iverson/Barkley

I'll give you two Big 5 teams. Not based on positions.

1st: Simmons-Macon-Kittles-Eddie Jones-Nelson

2nd: Mckie-Greer-Foye-Pinckney-Pressley.

Eagles
Sixers
Villanova

Sunday is essentially the same thing. Usually a large crowd on the patio, live music, etc. My buddies go up there every Sunday in the summer around 4. I meet them up there every two weeks or so. We're friends with some of the bartenders and waitresses. So if you're ever up there around 4 on a Sunday, look for a young guy with glasses and a Love Park tattoo on his arm and introduce yourself. Happy to tell you about my divorce in person.

Ha ha ha. Sounds good. I just picture me going up to random dudes asking if they have a Love Park tattoo. Because I would.

Ha ha ha. Sounds good. I just picture me going up to random dudes asking if they have a Love Park tattoo. Because I would.

It is pretty visible if I have a short sleeve tee shirt on. And we only sit at the bar. Not that many groups of young guys hanging there on Sunday late afternoons/evenings during non-football season.

Why do eagles fans love Brian Dawkins so much? why has his legend grown since leaving Philadelphia , even though he teams never won the big game?

is Ray Didenger knowledgeable or just tricks low class Philly fans into thinking he is?

What is your all time starting 5 for the Sixers?
You have 1 game to win for the World Series - in their prime who would you have on the bump - Halladay or Carlton?
Will Ron Hextall successfully guide the Flyers to a Stanley Cup win?
McCarthy/Davis (or Moyer)/Stairs or McCarthy/Wheels/Sarge
5 current Phillies (big league club) you see being an integral part of their success in the future?
Favorite cam at Phillies games - Bongo, Cow bell, Walk like Bernie, Wobble, or Kiss?

1. (No Wilt, before my time)
Iverson-Toney-Erving-Barkley-Moses

2. Carlton

3. Yes

4. McCarthy/Davis

5. Franco, Giles, Nola, Hernandez, & Diekman.

6. Bongo, I think.

Has a Philadelphia sporting occasion ever caused you to "call all the siblings"? If so, what was it?

The only time I can recall calling all (actually, both) of my siblings was to inform them of our grandmother's death

No. Two sisters (one now deceased) who are oblivious to sports.

Why do eagles fans love Brian Dawkins so much? why has his legend grown since leaving Philadelphia , even though he teams never won the big game?

is Ray Didenger knowledgeable or just tricks low class Philly fans into thinking he is?

He was a great player. Arguably best Eagle outside of Reggie White in last 25 years. He seemed like a good guy. He appreciated the fans. He was a blue collar player. He never took a play off. One player (Outside of QB) can't win it all in football.

No, he's very knowledgeable. I don't always agree, but he has a wealth of information.

Burrs,at Tony Luke's, roast pork or the parm?

Went Italian pork with Rabe and provolone

And? Satisfactory?

What are you doing in my city?

Should of told me sooner. I could of met you in the way home from summer school. Missed opportunity.

Is summer school like the movie?

Rank the following movies in order of how real things are in school from a teachers POV.

Dangerous Minds
Summer School
High School High
Election
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Varsity Blues
Breakfast Club
Mr. Hollands Opus
Rushmore
Bad Teacher
Back to School
Kindergarten Cop

Is summer school like the movie?

Rank the following movies in order of how real things are in school from a teachers POV.

Dangerous Minds
Summer School
High School High
Election
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Varsity Blues
Breakfast Club
Mr. Hollands Opus
Rushmore
Bad Teacher
Back to School
Kindergarten Cop

Nah. It's ESY (Extended School Year) for kids with IEPs; multiple disabilities, autism, vision impairments (That's me).

Philly doesn't have "regular" SS. Maybe, just for 11th grade.

I haven't seen all of those movies and most of them deal with high school. So, nothing like that.

And? Satisfactory?

What are you doing in my city?

Should of told me sooner. I could of met you in the way home from summer school. Missed opportunity.
As always, awesome. I had to head up to the CODB to pick up my mom. She has knee replaced two weeks ago and now coming home. Was going to stop at nova to see some folks but had a conference call come up. So detoured to Tony Luke's and now in the CODB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT