ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Questions - The Poster Formerly Known as TMJ

tomjackleman

All VUSports.com Team
Oct 31, 2015
Here for the next whatever hours - drinking a Starbucks Blonde coffee, have a couple beers in the fridge, wildly hungover.

Ask away if anyone still reads this board.

If it was up to you, would you expose all Alt's or let them proliferate?

If it was up to you, would you expose all Alt's or let them proliferate?

Nah, people wouldn't say as much here if they didn't have anonymity. Aside from debating the finer points of child rape, most of the stuff here is so inconsequential that alt's are fine.

Reactions: NickleDimer
6 years ago? Joshua Tree trips are usually after too much whiskey, but I've got another bar I go to now in the area that does the trick.

revising that - 4-6 years ago. But it's been a long time. It could be closed for all I know.

Will you please you change your avatar?
Where is MWG?
How do you feel about Sam Hinkie's tenure as 76ers GM?
Is Dmill easing back into benchwarmers life or is he just back for the championship excitement then will fade away (back into his work release program)?

This isn't a question, but I second the point about the Avatar. It makes reading vusports at work brutal.

1. How has the national championship changed you as a person?
  2. Describe the circumstances in which you last thought to yourself, "this is living."
  3. If you were a democrat, who would you vote for in the primaries?
  4. If you went to penn state and graduated before the Sandusky rapes broke, how would you react when someone said "so, you went to penn state, huh?"

Will you please you change your avatar?
Where is MWG?
How do you feel about Sam Hinkie's tenure as 76ers GM?
Is Dmill easing back into benchwarmers life or is he just back for the championship excitement then will fade away (back into his work release program)?

1. No, my avatar stays for a while. People are referring to me as Tommy Jackelmen still. I'm hoping that people realize I am TMJ from the old days. When they do, I'll change it.

2. Last I saw he left his sell side job and was changing careers. He probably doesn't have the time right now? No idea.

3. Hinkie's tenure will go down as the greatest failure in sports management history. Sportsboss will be on a stage at MIT twenty years from now talking about how terribly they failed. As good as the Warriors are this season, the Sixers are equally remarkable.

4. He'll be back. I took a hiatus from this board for almost two years. Still got drawn back.

Compare the following benchwarmers to Nova players of the Jay Wright era:

NickleDimer
LizReed
nardibynature
MWG
Me

This isn't a question, but I second the point about the Avatar. It makes reading vusports at work brutal.

1. How has the national championship changed you as a person?
  2. Describe the circumstances in which you last thought to yourself, "this is living."
  3. If you were a democrat, who would you vote for in the primaries?
  4. If you went to penn state and graduated before the Sandusky rapes broke, how would you react when someone said "so, you went to penn state, huh?"

1. I'm a national champion. I don't say please or thank you anymore. I take what I want.
2. Houston, Sunday afternoon, drinking beers in Houston, feeling like I owned the city. Before that, probably a trip to Africa. That place is awesome, and if you have American dollars you are a king.
3. HIll dawg. Bernard sucks.
4. Profusely apologize. Make sure they know I wasn't one who was rioting. Avoid talk of Joe Pa. Bring up Thon as often as I could.

Describe your youth sports experience.
Which BWer have you i-net sleuthed most thoroughly?
Nova player that has most surprised you over the last 6 seasons?

I played hockey, basketball, baseball, soccer, and football as a kid. It's only in the last few years that I've realized how much of a pain I was to my parents. My best experience was hockey. Not to brag, but I was always one of the best athletes in whatever sport I played. Hockey I didn't start til 4th grade (didn't even skate til then) and I stunk for the first year. It was humbling, and taught me a lot about teamwork and how important it is to make sure everyone is included on a team. Being the worst kid on a team (by a large margin) opens your eyes up to a lot of stuff. I'm a better man for being so bad.

I mostly stopped after I outed b70. I felt truly awful about that.

Jenkins. 100% Jenkins. Even in November-December he wasn't very good. His transformation was absolutely shocking.

What do you think would be the best way to bring this board back to life?
Are you shocked that as I'm writing this there are no pending questions?
What is your espresso-based drink of choice?
Will you ever leave the CoDB?
What is your favorite car of the last 10 years? Last 50 years?

What do you think would be the best way to bring this board back to life?
Are you shocked that as I'm writing this there are no pending questions?
What is your espresso-based drink of choice?
Will you ever leave the CoDB?
What is your favorite car of the last 10 years? Last 50 years?

1. Merge the boards back together. The other board has been gr8 with basketball talk and debating how young you have to be when the term "young boys" is used, in a rape context. This stuff is cyclical anyway. That board will quiet down in the coming months, people will migrate here. It's an election year, and TJC supporting Trump should keep this place hopping.

2. No idea. I am hungover, debating popping another beer to ease the headache. I'm fine if this blows, its a fun way to spend the day.

3. Iced Coffee. I can't wait to make that switch. It's still a little chilly in the CoDB, but once you go to iced coffee it means its time for beaches, golf, and day drinking outside.

4. I could be leaving in the next month actually for a place further west. I actually almost moved to Asia at the start of this year, but that never came to fruition. I'm not a born and bred CoDB guy, so as fun as Manhattan is, I'm not particularly tied to it.

5. Jeep Grand Cherokee. I think no matter how little or much I will make, I'm a jeep guy. I love those cars. Right now, living in the CoDB, I'm carless though.

What makes you think that iced coffee is made with espresso?
Rate ericw as a moderator on a scale from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).
What other forums/internet message boards/newsgroups do you frequent, if any?
Explain your daily social media habits.

Have you ever had a Jeep engine or transmission explode before 80k miles?
What was your most dominant moment in youth sports?
Other than yourself, describe a kid one of your youth sports team that sucked horribly and how you shamed them.

O/U/P:
male children
female children
hard boiled eggs
twitter
glasses
Michael Jordan (basketball player, Chicago Bulls)
discipline
pop rocks

What makes you think that iced coffee is made with espresso?
Rate ericw as a moderator on a scale from 1 (worst) to 10 (best).
What other forums/internet message boards/newsgroups do you frequent, if any?
Explain your daily social media habits.

I usually get it with a shot if I do it. But I just answered as a pure coffee drink. I think anyone who gets a drink with foam, milk, caramel, etc. is a pansy. I drink my coffee black. No waiting twenty minutes for a mocha frappa chino.

5. He banned TMJ45 for posting negative things about a poster's girlfriend. But he's been fine besides that. TwoDecks will always have a special place in my heart. I owe that guy a beer, but I have no idea who he is, or what he looks like.

I'm not active on other iNet sites posting wise. I read a ton, everything from Barstool to zerohedge. I'm a voracious reader actually.

I check instagram every day. Besides that, twitter I read actively but I don't post for the most part. Twitter is 100% the best way to get news and information.

Have you ever had a Jeep engine or transmission explode before 80k miles?
What was your most dominant moment in youth sports?
Other than yourself, describe a kid one of your youth sports team that sucked horribly and how you shamed them.

O/U/P:
male children
female children
hard boiled eggs
twitter
glasses
Michael Jordan (basketball player, Chicago Bulls)
discipline
pop rocks

No to any problems with Jeeps, other than they are easy to flip.

8th grade school soccer. I was probably the best kid within 20 miles, and I would play midfield to start, forward if we were losing, central back if we lost. I basically toyed with the kids around me for most of the game, trying to get girls goals. If we were going to lose, I would just take the ball and score. I'm not sure we lost more than 1 game that year.

State Cup Soccer, Sixth Grade. Penalty shoot out, final kicker has to make it for the kicks to advance. I'm the sixth kicker, waiting for my shot. This kid jogs up to the ball, about to kick with his right foot, then his left foot slips. His right leg comes forward, hits the ball maybe one rotation, and we lose. He never played soccer again. I think he got into drugs shortly thereafter. We didn't outwardly shame him, but no one really consoled him either.

What do you have in your wallet currently?
Name 3 foods that are better raw than cooked.
How many piece of gum have you chewed in the last 10 years?
What building on campus do you remember most fondly?

about 60 bucks cash, some foreign currency, a monkey multi tool, one amex, one debut card, some business cards, a metro card, a health insurance card, a card for chelsea piers driving range, a drivers license, Jason Donnelys business card from like 8 years ago, a library card, a MoMA member card, a Citibike card.

countless gum - i feel like i'm more attractive when i chew it at a bar. Always have some.

Bartley, particularly the exchange. I lived in the place. I'm generally not a later sleeper (today excluded) so I would wake up and set up shop there around 8 am every school day, not leave until maybe 9pm. I'm a nerd.

In all seriousness, I follow a ton of CBB and Finance writers, a ton of traders.

Interesting side read for those in trading is the story of CIS in Japan. Guy sits at home and has massive influence in the Nikkei. He trades size like a macro fund and crushes it (usually). He tweets out all his trades too. Absolutely bananas.

I forgot, what do you do for a living? I could swear you are a trader but I might be mixing you up with MWG.

Best fruit? Worst?
Do you wear a watch? If not, why not?
Last time you were in the CoP for a non-Nova related event?
What are your biggest health concerns/problems?

about 60 bucks cash, some foreign currency, a monkey multi tool, one amex, one debut card, some business cards, a metro card, a health insurance card, a card for chelsea piers driving range, a drivers license, Jason Donnelys business card from like 8 years ago, a library card, a MoMA member card, a Citibike card.

countless gum - i feel like i'm more attractive when i chew it at a bar. Always have some.

Bartley, particularly the exchange. I lived in the place. I'm generally not a later sleeper (today excluded) so I would wake up and set up shop there around 8 am every school day, not leave until maybe 9pm. I'm a nerd.

Follow up questions?

You have a library card in your wallet? Doesn't seem to jive with your persona.
You studied for 13 hours a day, 5 days a week in Bartley? Christ, that's a lot.

I forgot, what do you do for a living? I could swear you are a trader but I might be mixing you up with MWG.

Best fruit? Worst?
Do you wear a watch? If not, why not?
Last time you were in the CoP for a non-Nova related event?
What are your biggest health concerns/problems?

Trader. I have some time off right now though, hence me coming back to the board.
Clementines, seedless. Wost is probably the green melon you get in fruit salad. The green melon is cheap filler. Give me more pineapple, strawberry, blueberry. Fck the green melon.

I wear a watch daily. I feel naked without it. This is what I am wearing today:
shinola-watches-5.jpg

I rotate a few through, but this is a nice daily watch.

A wedding for a friend from Villanova about 5 years ago. Does that count?

Family has a history of prostate cancer. I'm 30, but get myself checked. Uncles, grandfathers all have it. My father is lucky enough to not have it, but it's a scary thing. Cancer sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT