ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Questions - The Poster Formerly Known as TMJ

great choice on the Shinola watch, that exact one is next on my to buy list.

what other timepieces do you have in your collection?

Kobe Bryant was the 13th pick in the 1996 NBA draft. Below are the 12 players picked in front of him, and the teams they went to. If you had one of these 12 picks, without the benefit of hindsight, would you have picked Kobe?

1. Philadelphia / Allen Iverson / Georgetown
2. Toronto / Marcus Camby / Massachusetts
3. Vancouver / Shareef Abdur-Rahim / California
4. Milwaukee / Stephon Marbury / Georgia Tech
5. Minnesota / Ray Allen / Connecticut
6. Boston (from Dallas) / Antoine Walker / Kentucky
7. LA Clippers / Lorenzen Wright / Memphis
8. New Jersey / Kerry Kittles / Villanova
9. Dallas (from Boston) / Samaki Walker / Louisvile
10. Indiana (from Denver) / Erick Dampier / Mississippi State
11. Golden State / Todd Fuller / North Carolina State
12. Cleveland (from Wash.) / Vitaly Potapenko / Wright State
13. Charlotte / Kobe Bryant / Lower Merion HS

It looks like ball, LizReed, and NN1188 are all too busy playing chess with one another to post questions.

Who do you respect the most on this board? No weaseling out of it by saying "everyone here is a loser" or some nonsense.

What's the worst part of our education system?

I wish I was good at chess. Never got into it though.

TwoDecks. I want Twodecks back. He was the best. EricW is fine, but TwoDecks presided over the pinnacle of Benchwarmers, and somehow handled everyone. He should be our next president.

Not really sure. I went to a mix of public and private schools. Granted, the public school I went to was better than any private school within 50 miles, but it was still public. Teachers deserve to make more, but our system won't support that.

Dude, we're on the same path in life. Well done. At month's end im headed south to launch a business venture. CoDB trading is for the birds.

And for the record, BEB, I'm not the fat one. There is no "fat one" when you're a hotshot, big dick, size slingin', sell sidin', bulge bracketin', type-a livin', wall street dickhead like me and tmj.

(But seriously, dont call me fat.)

I'm a buy sider - but same difference.

Dude, we're on the same path in life. Well done. At month's end im headed south to launch a business venture. CoDB trading is for the birds.

And for the record, BEB, I'm not the fat one. There is no "fat one" when you're a hotshot, big dick, size slingin', sell sidin', bulge bracketin', type-a livin', wall street dickhead like me and tmj.

(But seriously, dont call me fat.)
I knew I had good cause to mix you two up. One of you always posts in the weight loss threads so I assumed you were/are a dump.

ADP buying a phone that doesn't have Uber is hilarious.

great choice on the Shinola watch, that exact one is next on my to buy list.

what other timepieces do you have in your collection?

Love it - Support American industry, and a nice timepiece.

I'm not a big fancy watch guy. I wear one daily, and when I see a new one I want I'll just switch.

In my mind - the best watch out there is this:

withings-activite-product-photos-03.jpg

http://www.withings.com/us/en/products/activite

Kobe Bryant was the 13th pick in the 1996 NBA draft. Below are the 12 players picked in front of him, and the teams they went to. If you had one of these 12 picks, without the benefit of hindsight, would you have picked Kobe?

1. Philadelphia / Allen Iverson / Georgetown
2. Toronto / Marcus Camby / Massachusetts
3. Vancouver / Shareef Abdur-Rahim / California
4. Milwaukee / Stephon Marbury / Georgia Tech
5. Minnesota / Ray Allen / Connecticut
6. Boston (from Dallas) / Antoine Walker / Kentucky
7. LA Clippers / Lorenzen Wright / Memphis
8. New Jersey / Kerry Kittles / Villanova
9. Dallas (from Boston) / Samaki Walker / Louisvile
10. Indiana (from Denver) / Erick Dampier / Mississippi State
11. Golden State / Todd Fuller / North Carolina State
12. Cleveland (from Wash.) / Vitaly Potapenko / Wright State
13. Charlotte / Kobe Bryant / Lower Merion HS

This one -

From what I've read and watched, Kobe was always going to LA. They basically engineered it so that other teams would shy away from him. AI was a great pick, Camby was can't miss at that point. No one was taking Kobe top 5 that draft.

Describe your routine for hitting on a chick when out in the CoDB.

I'm terrible at hitting on chicks. I usually will try to make conversation if they are getting a drink at the bar. Try to slide up and be cool about it. Outwardly going up to a girl and making conversation isn't my forte. I wish I was better at that.

The weird thing is I'm not shy at all. Just for some reason I've always had an issue with that.

If I am really drunk - I'll do basically anything though.

If you found yourself in Hawaii and you saw a dude sitting by himself at a bar posting on VUSports? Would you go up to him and ask if he was ball?

If holden caufield was a millennial, would he be diagnosed with ADHD, ADD, bipolar, or something worse?

what types of qualities do good traders have?

what is the gr8est myth about traders

BiPolar. One of the strangest characters in modern literature in my mind. Delusional beyond belief.

Good traders really vary. It's a strange mix of discipline and intestinal fortitude. The greatest trader I've ever seen was a guy who basically stood in and weathered the pain when everyone else panicked. Entire markets collapsed, and he said "this is not right". Made 30 million in a matter of minutes. But there were times when he was too stubborn and lost money for that. Others are much more passive. I know guys who will do 50 trades a day, and others who do 50 traders a year basically.

I think that they are assholes. From my experience, even the smartest guys who are dcks get filtered out pretty quickly. No one wants to work with assholes, especially in a high stress environment.

If you found yourself in Hawaii and you saw a dude sitting by himself at a bar posting on VUSports? Would you go up to him and ask if he was ball?

100%. I've seen people out at bars reading the board, but kept it to myself. NorCalVu or whatever his name is. Nice dude.

do you use any benchwarmer lingo outside of 4.6?

Benchwarmers lingo seems to have really died off, so no. I do quote some other places a ton. I read barstool, and find myself using their lingo a bit.

I actually quote the office too much. It's a problem.

Rank your preference of women in order:

Blond
Brunette
Redhead
Black
Latina
Asian
Filipina
Indian / West Indian
Russian

1.QE and the impact of the Fed on the economy.

2. You seem like a bit of a lone wolf. Why is that? Who are you closest to?

3. What is your mom's middle name?

4. Do people really sleep with their watches on?

The unwind of QE/low rates will be a disaster. The Fed lets markets dictate too much. They say they want to raise rates four times this year, the market prices 0, so the Fed doesn't hike because it will be disruptive to global markets. I wish Yellen would grow a pair and just hike. Stocks will drop, but that's fine. Long term thats much better for the economy.

That said, I'm a trader not an economist.

I am a bit - I had great parents but was forced to grow up at a very young age. I became fiercely independent. My family is wealthy, but I haven't taken a cent since school, even when I wasn't making enough to pay rent. PB&Js can stretch your check out for quite some time.

3. Not answering

4. Yes. I feel weird without it. If I don't have a watch I'm constantly grabbing my wrist for some reason. Watches are undervalued right now.

Reactions: BigEastBasketball
Rank your preference of women in order:

Blond
Brunette
Redhead
Black
Latina
Asian
Filipina
Indian / West Indian
Russian

Blond
Brunette
Asian
Filipina
Russian
Redhead
Latina
Black
Indian / West Indian

I would group Asian & Filipina in together.

Best grunge band?

Did vucat05 really bang that girl in the movie ticket booth?

Was there really a fiery car crash that killed everyone?

Is donniebaseball really pulling in north of $600k selling memorabilia?

Have you ever intercoursed a woman with a build like the one in your avatar

Yes. TMJ drunk and 23 was not a good person. He took down a heifer once or twice.

Generally I like smaller girls though. Skinny and short. That makes me sound like a pedophile, but whatever.

Best grunge band?

Did vucat05 really bang that girl in the movie ticket booth?

Was there really a fiery car crash that killed everyone?

Is donniebaseball really pulling in north of $600k selling memorabilia?

Pearl Jam? I hate grunge.

Probably. People banged all over Villanova. Ticket booth is pretty tame comparatively.

Oh god. Probably not, but I don't want to be TMJ the sluether anymore. Those days are done, unless JHG wants to start again.

No way, no how. That market is so fraudulent too. Those and ticket resellers are the scum of the earth.

How many caffeinated or alcoholic drinks do you consume in a week?

What's your current exercise routine?

Any anal/squirting experiences?

What is your favorite body of water?

This isn't a gotcha question, but an actual one...

You are 30. What is the lowest age of a girl you would take down?

(I preemptively "challenge" your upcoming 21 answer.)

Edit: also, whats the oldest??

How many caffeinated or alcoholic drinks do you consume in a week?

What's your current exercise routine?

Any anal/squirting experiences?

What is your favorite body of water?

I drink way too much caffeine. When I was working, it was 6 cups minimum a day. Now, maybe 3.

I run 5-10 miles maybe 4 times a week. Gym once in a while, but lifting bores me.

Anal yes. Met a girl who was obsessed with it. Butt plugs, the works. She was fun. Never had a squirter. Isn't it just pee? Doesn't appeal to me.

Lake Michigan. Salt water is a pain. Lake Michigan in the summer when it's hot is the best.

Top three concerts you've seen in your life.

Best place to watch a Blackhawks game in NYC?

This isn't a gotcha question, but an actual one...

You are 30. What is the lowest age of a girl you would take down?

(I preemptively "challenge" your upcoming 21 answer.)

Edit: also, whats the oldest??

18. No shame there. Realistically, I've found 25 is about where I prefer.

Rank jellies for PB&Js:
grape
strawberry
rasberry
blackberry
other

How were you forced to grow up at a young age?

If Jay puts up an 18-14 record for the next 10 years, will you call for his firing?

Strawberry, then grape. Not even worth making it with the others.

My older brother had a bad drug addiction when he was very young. I was forced to basically raise myself, with my older sister helping. My parents had more important things to take care of, so I would bike an hour just to get to soccer practice, or if my sister was around she would try to drive me. I can't tell you how appreciative I am for her. She was a senior in high school and basically took care of me.

I fancy myself one of the sane people on this board. If Jay continues to develop and graduate these guys, he's got my support. That 18-14 ain't happening though.

Reactions: Chimpat
what does tomjackleman mean?
Describe your favorite middle school teacher.
Best pro sport to watch?
Why did you choose LA?

It was just a dumb name that looked like TMJ to me. TMJ is dumb as well.

Mr ODonnell. Guy had a heart attack my eighth grade year, still came back to work and was the man. Taught you more than just history.

Playoff hockey. If were doing regular season, then NFL leads maybe? Baseball is good, but if you're not at the game its more background noise to me. These Cubs are must see TV though. They bash the ball.

I didn't choose LA. There was a job there, I got in touch, and we're talking. I could stay in CoDB, but who knows. I've had offers to move to Singapore, HK, Tokyo, and London in the past year. I'm pretty open to all.

Are you concerned about Asian carp infiltrating lake Michigan>?

Sort of? The concern has been around for a long time. I don't know the ecosystem well, but it seems like they are controlling it?

Lake Michigan is a gem. Except for when it rains heavy and towns release their sewers into it and you can't swim there for a day. Then it's gross.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT