ADVERTISEMENT

Taking Questions - The Poster Formerly Known as TMJ

Where are you originally from and what brought you to Nova?

Follow up questions?

You have a library card in your wallet? Doesn't seem to jive with your persona.
You studied for 13 hours a day, 5 days a week in Bartley? Christ, that's a lot.

What's my persona? I do have a library card. NYPL at Bryant Park is a goddamn gem of this city that no one appreciates other than tourists taking pictures of it. I don't use it as much now, but when I was younger, I would go there to get work done, read, etc. As I said earlier, I'm a voracious reader. I love saying voracious. It makes me feel smart.

Fridays I wouldn't spend all that time there, but Sunday nights through Thursday I would spend in Bartley. I took a ton of classes, was involved a lot, so I had to be on campus for most of the day. It's also a pretty social place. All my friends would come by and find my table in the exchange during the day and sit there, so it wasn't like I was just studying all day.

Where are you originally from and what brought you to Nova?

The midwest. My dad went to ND, my mom BC. I was recruited to ND, but never got a full offer. It came down to BC and VU. I didn't want to go to a school that I got into because I was a legacy, so Nova was the next logical choice. I wasn't thrilled about it at the time, but it was the best choice of my life.

Name your top five books

Do you read a hard copy of a newspaper on a daily basis

Have you ever been a member of a book club and if so describe the experience

How is your relationship with Jesus Christ?
List 5 foods that you know burrs has never tried.

O/U/P:
brass knuckles
stretching
over the counter medicine
the midwest
Bubba Watson

Tacos
Caviar
Boar's Head (the actual head of a boar, not the deli meat franchise)
Anchovies
Tomato Soup

P
O
P
O
U

The midwest is a shithole outside of Chicago and a few nice burbs there. St Louis might be the worst city in America. Everyone thinks of the Cardinals, but outside of a few nice suburbs, it's a terrible place. The twin cities might be nice these days since target has had a revival, but it sucked when I was there. Wisconsin might be the worst place on earth.

Bubba gets a bad wrap. He's fun to watch. I don't really care if he is a Dbag outside the ropes.

Now listening to: BROCCOLI ft Lil Yachty on Hypem. It's a jam.

Name your top five books

Do you read a hard copy of a newspaper on a daily basis

Have you ever been a member of a book club and if so describe the experience

Flash Boys - Michael Lewis
The Life of Andrew Jackson by Robert Remini
The curious incident of the dog in the night time - Mark Haddon
Catcher in the Rye
Duel in the Sun - John Brant

I lean towards nonfiction.

I read on my iPad. No newspaper or hardcopies. If I'm reading research reports I tend to print them and read them on paper though.

Never a member of a book club. My female friends do one, but it's basically just a wine party. I don't like timetables to read books either. I'll go through a book in a day or week (ie quickly), then not pick one up for a couple weeks.

How do two high end catholic school graduates end up in a loser part of the country like the Midwest?

Chicago is a great financial center. Both my parents worked for banks. They are originally from the east coast.

Chicago suburbs is actually an awesome place to grow up. I look back on my schools and life and I was absolutely blessed to have the upbringing I did.

Have you ever had a Jeep engine or transmission explode before 80k miles?
What was your most dominant moment in youth sports?
Other than yourself, describe a kid one of your youth sports team that sucked horribly and how you shamed them.

O/U/P:
male children
female children
hard boiled eggs
twitter
glasses
Michael Jordan (basketball player, Chicago Bulls)
discipline
pop rocks

I realize I bungled this question with my numbers. Apologies.

How is your relationship with Jesus Christ?
List 5 foods that you know burrs has never tried.

O/U/P:
brass knuckles
stretching
over the counter medicine
the midwest
Bubba Watson

I attend church weekly. I'm in the minority. Go by myself.

Chicago is a great financial center. Both my parents worked for banks. They are originally from the east coast.

Chicago suburbs is actually an awesome place to grow up. I look back on my schools and life and I was absolutely blessed to have the upbringing I did.
Sorry. When people say "the midwest" I always assume some rust-covered shithole city like Cleveland.

Do you use recreational drugs?
What fascinates you about our government?
How do you solve the poverty crisis in the US?

Sorry. When people say "the midwest" I always assume some rust-covered shithole city like Cleveland.

Do you use recreational drugs?
What fascinates you about our government?
How do you solve the poverty crisis in the US?

Drugs aren't for me. Never have been, never will be. Fun fact - I've never smoke weed.

Politics itself is like a sport. I find it fascinating. But that's the electoral process. The power of parties vs the will of the people. Polls, demographics, projections, I eat that shit up. As for the government itself - we generally have a pretty well oiled machine going. It's not perfect, but I think the importance of the President is greatly over rated (that an O for NickelDimer). If the President had the power to turn the economy around on a switch, he would do it. It takes decades for policy and programs to take affect generally, and the majority (Id say 95-99% of the population) doesn't realize that. I could get into QE and the impact of the Fed on the economy, but that's a different question.

Poverty will exist in a capitalist system. I think too many people look at the gap between the ultra wealthy and the ultra poor and think it's outrageous. That's not how you properly define poverty. It's part of the system, a system that has made America an empire. If we change too much, it has a greater negative impact as a whole on the population. So, to answer your question, while I support affordable health care and providing opportunity to all equally, I don't think you just give money and social programs to the poor. Not every person is going to live in a 4 bedroom house and drive a nice car. Make sure the basics are taken care of, and make sure to give opportunity to those who don't have it.

Reactions: NickleDimer
A wedding for a friend from Villanova about 5 years ago. Does that count?
Was the wedding at Nova? If yes, it doesn't count. If no, I'll allow it.

Imagine you are moderator for a day. Who do you ban, and why?

What will you name your future children?

Do you ever miss Chicago?

Are you fat and/or bald?

Was the wedding at Nova? If yes, it doesn't count. If no, I'll allow it.

Imagine you are moderator for a day. Who do you ban, and why?

What will you name your future children?

Do you ever miss Chicago?

Are you fat and/or bald?

Was in downtown Philthy. So it counts.

I ban Baboo and artsandletters. They are seriously over on the other board debating how young you have to be considered to be a "young boy" when you're raped, and the differences between rape and sexual child abuse. Get those guys off of here, make it more than one day.

No idea. Probably stick with family names. My uncle is an awesome guy and going through pretty vicious cancer, so I would say first boy after him, second after my grandfather. Both classic names, no risk there.

All the time. Chicago is a place where you go back, and you wonder why in gods name you left. My friends all own townhouses and apartments now, all paying less than I do in rent. Plus, the Cubs are good again. When they win it all, that will be the party of a lifetime.

Not fat - not bald. Tall, fit, full head of hair.

Android or iPhone? Do you own a tablet?
How many pairs of sneakers do you own? Explain their designs/functions.
Did OJ do it?

Explain the circumstances under which you last vomited.

Snowstorm in NYC this winter. I stayed in, drank whiskey gingers, got blasted gambling on college hoops. Woke up in the middle of the night and pulled the trigger. Haven't puked from actually being sick since I was probably 15.

I ban Baboo and artsandletters. They are seriously over on the other board debating how young you have to be considered to be a "young boy" when you're raped, and the differences between rape and sexual child abuse. Get those guys off of here, make it more than one day.
Fun fact, when artsandletters first made a pro-penn state post a few days ago, I called him fartsandletters and ericw deleted the post.

Android or iPhone? Do you own a tablet?
How many pairs of sneakers do you own? Explain their designs/functions.
Did OJ do it?

I'm cracking a beer now.

iPhone. Anytime someone has an android I assume they are not doing well in life. There's nothing more annoying when you have a group text going, and one person has android. It messes everything up. Also, emojis dont translate well between the phones. A smile on one is a stone face on the other.

I'm not a sneaker head. I have Nike Flynit running shoes strictly for training. Nike lunarracer racing shoes. A pair of Nike frees for walking around. A vintage pair of Jordans for basketball. Besides that, no sneakers, all are utilitarian. I'm a loafer/boat shoe guy. Winter its chukkas and boots.

I have no idea. I've avoided OJ reading and TV since the verdict came out in like 1995 ish.

I don't watch TV series anymore, so everyone talking about the new OJ show was kinda annoying.

I'm cracking a beer now.

iPhone. Anytime someone has an android I assume they are not doing well in life. There's nothing more annoying when you have a group text going, and one person has android. It messes everything up. Also, emojis dont translate well between the phones. A smile on one is a stone face on the other.

If I go back to a blackberry does that make me homeless?

Does it bum you out that I am the only one presenting you with questions to take?

eh not really. I don't take this place so seriously anymore. When I posted here years back, I was way too into it. Hopefully more people jump in though. I wish NBN would throw some questions here, or Sal.

Is it a work issued blackberry?

Do you bbm anyone? Is that still around?

Blackberry is one of the greatest falls of the modern era. Closing off BBM to just blackberry customers was the dumbest move since AOL basically gave up chat with AIM. They had everyone, and now they have basically nothing. Whatsapp is basically what AOL should've been.

Which burb outside of Chicago? Awesome city 4 months of the year. Too freaking cold.

What was your immediate reaction when Jenkins hit the shot?

Are there certain areas of the economy you focus on for work?

If you moved to LA what kind of job would you do?

It looks like ball, LizReed, and NN1188 are all too busy playing chess with one another to post questions.

Who do you respect the most on this board? No weaseling out of it by saying "everyone here is a loser" or some nonsense.

What's the worst part of our education system?

Reactions: NovaNation1188
LA. And yes. I left my old job, took the last month or two to travel, now getting back into it.

Dude, we're on the same path in life. Well done. At month's end im headed south to launch a business venture. CoDB trading is for the birds.

And for the record, BEB, I'm not the fat one. There is no "fat one" when you're a hotshot, big dick, size slingin', sell sidin', bulge bracketin', type-a livin', wall street dickhead like me and tmj.

(But seriously, dont call me fat.)

Which burb outside of Chicago? Awesome city 4 months of the year. Too freaking cold.

What was your immediate reaction when Jenkins hit the shot?

Are there certain areas of the economy you focus on for work?

If you moved to LA what kind of job would you do?

Ill decline to answer that first one, but a very nice one.

I was in Houston. Nearly fainted. Had to sit down when I got light headed. Screamed, ran around, jumped into my friends arms, gave as many hugs as anyone in Houston.

Not really one specific area. I've traded everything on the planet basically. If there's a way to make money, I trade that.

Same job, just doing it in LA for a fund out there.

Reactions: Chimpat
Is it a work issued blackberry?

Do you bbm anyone? Is that still around?

Blackberry is one of the greatest falls of the modern era. Closing off BBM to just blackberry customers was the dumbest move since AOL basically gave up chat with AIM. They had everyone, and now they have basically nothing. Whatsapp is basically what AOL should've been.
My phone is a work phone in a sense that I only carry one device and use it all the time for work. However, I can buy whatever I want. Currently have a Samsung and it's the worst phone in the world. I'm a blackberry guy as I do loads of emails and hate the touch screens. I refuse to use Apple products. My hold-up on switching back is that I do not believe the blackberry I prefer is able to use Uber. That is a deal-breaker.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT