ADVERTISEMENT

Temple Football Stadium plans

Thankfully, the only "build it today" people are TU alums. Sounds familiar to "build it and they will come" mantra that TU adheres to.
By the way, I am not against a Temple Stadium. If they want it, have at it. But, fund it on your own. Plain and simple. TU gets enough taxpayer money as it is.

48 hour Temple University commercial on national TV starting this morning.

Market Street shut down for College Gameday.

97.5 broadcasting live from campus today.

ESPN broadcasting live from campus tomorrow.

Cover of the Daily News.

Feature story in virtually every national and local sports publication.

Primetime showdown on ABC that will be seen by 10MM+ on a Saturday night.

Sold out Lincoln Financial Field.

But, yeah, TUFB is irrelevant... it's all about Catholic League hoops! You guys are lost!

Reactions: mhoffman6960
I love how Gameday is posting up by independence hall instead of Temple or by the stadium. Can't think of another Gameday that would feel the necessity to do such a thing.

The only reason Gameday is even at this game is because Georgia blew that game against Tennessee.

And because they have no interest in promoting a game that starts at 11 o'clock on the east coast.

Malenko, the question stands. Why should the PA taxpayers have to fund this venture, on top of the millions they already give to Temple, when there is a perfectly reasonable solution in place as it stands (LFF)? Villanova did not seek money from the state to build a new facility, on campus, in Villanova PA, as the primary tenant. They looked to use an existing structure that was never built to attract or host Villanova events.

So, why should the taxpayers give even 5 dollars toward this thing? Why shouldn't Temple be told to fund it 100%?

Checkmate.

48 hour Temple University commercial on national TV starting this morning.

Market Street shut down for College Gameday.

97.5 broadcasting live from campus today.

ESPN broadcasting live from campus tomorrow.

Cover of the Daily News.

Feature story in virtually every national and local sports publication.

Primetime showdown on ABC that will be seen by 10MM+ on a Saturday night.

Sold out Lincoln Financial Field.

But, yeah, TUFB is irrelevant... it's all about Catholic League hoops! You guys are lost!
Such things are awesome, Villanova has enjoyed them many times. My advice, take it all in this weekend.

Of all the ways elected politicians waste money, 20 million towards a college stadium is the least irritating to me as a tax payer.
Temple will be in the superior position when another shift in college sports takes place.

Ernie Davis Division
Syracuse, BC, Pitt, Va.Tech, Miami, Lville, Temple, UConn
Dean Smith Division
UNC, State, Duke, GaTech, Wake, FSU, Clemson, UVA

saw the line opened at ND -9.5 and is now up to 10.5. That line doesn't bode well for temple's chances.

I'd be willing to put many units on Temple if they're getting spotted a touchdown and a half at home.

Meaning, the Eagles don't want Temple playing at the Linc, but the city forces them to do it. So Temple gets to pay some below market rate resulting from a non-arm's length negotiation to play there.

Hate to think of all the injuries NFL players have suffered after the field has been torn up so 7,000 people could watch Temple lose to Akron all these years.
I think the Iggles are over charging Temple. Also, the place was built with lots of government money. So Iggles should share with TU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT