ADVERTISEMENT

The Open

i was way off on woods. i really thought he would have a good tourney, all the announcers are saying on the range he looks great but cant bring it to the course.s

i have never seen a player of his level fall flat on his face so quickly.

How do you define quickly?...dude hasn't won a tourney in two years and a major in 7 fricken years.....hardly seems that his demise has come about quickly....

he was PGA tour POY in 13 and won 5 times including the Players and a WGC event. that was two summers ago. now he cant make cuts or break par. id say that was fast.

and jack went 6 years between the 80 PGA and 86 masters. so the major drought can end.

i admitted i was way off base. i really thought he'd perform well on an easy course. i was wrong.

+2 for the day and gonna finished DFL (Dead f****** last) for the non old guys like Watson and Faldo. Watson is on 14 , turn on ESPN if you want some water works as he crosses the bridge 10 years after he and Jack walked across together in 05.

Adam Scott throws up a 67 to get to -7 after rd 2. Phil shoots even par and is -2 after 2 and probably out of contention.[/QUOTE

If my calculations are correct, but they might not be, did the cameras focus on Watson's
walking across the bridge after other players behind him had walked in because TV wanted it
to have it that way. And TV money controls everything in sports. At one time I believed
that golf was finding and playing the course as you find it; it was better then other sports.

Watson showed some class when he dropped out of the Kansas City Country Club
because, I believe, that his first wife couldn't be a member since she was Jewish.
The Ryder Cup controversy between Phil and Tom is still going on. I have trouble understanding
Watson who was a great player, but it appears as if the powers that be didn't want him to play one hole
tomorrow. Screw that.

Even though I have wandered a bit I will close with a positive note. Tom's mentor was Stan Thirsk
at KCCC. He missed the cut, and he dropped about about $100 dollars in script on out table at Aronamink.
We enjoyed the booze.

Seems like the same cast of characters is in contention in a lot of these majors anymore. Spieth, Cokehead Gretzky, Adam Scott, J Day, not Tiger.

I'm just hoping to see Dustin Johnson taking a super meaningful putt on 18 on Sunday. Must see TV.

Wind is blowing the balls off the greens......gotta love the weather over there......third round pushed back to Sunday, assuming the weather permits. Think they're talking the finals on Monday. Quick, change those plane reservations.......

I don't know what it says when an amateur is tied for the lead during round 3 of a major, but we might have to trot out "goofy, goofy sport."

High-level division I golfers are "amateur" in name only these days. I believe this kid is officially turning pro soon and plans on playing on the European tour next year.

Weather is calm again so expect low numbers. I'm pegging -16, maybe -17 to win. Gr8 way to spend a Monday. Took Speith and Louis for the win.

Harrington starting fast with a birdie @ 1 & 2. Sergio only 1 back as well. Today is going to be exciting.

I'd like to see speith win is his extremely boring speith fashion

But if he doesnt win it, I hope its Paddy. That guy walks like such a dope but he is likeable

Dunne might shoot 76. Moment is way too big for him.

Dunne's going to have to fight to even win Low Amateur. He's now tied with Ashley Chesters who is -5 thru 13.

The best score for an American who has won it is only three shots back - Cink

Setting up for an amazing finish 9 guys now within 2 shots of the lead and birdies to be had. Edit, zach just goes to 15.

Zach -5 today, sole leader at -14. Eight golfers within 1-2 strokes of the lead. Calling 4-hole playoff now.

Edit yup -15 and Scott -14

Last edited:
Dunne back to even. Still in it. 3 back, and most holes to play.

Spieth is amazing. Doubles 8, then birdies 9 and 10 to get back within one.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

buries a 20+ footer on 18 to post at 15.

Spieth missed a big one to join them at 15. He's got to get one more to force a playoff. 18 is his only shot.

Amazing. Spieth is freaking amazing. How does he make that putt? Incredible. The kid is ice. Spieth now at 15. Louis missed an easy one to join them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT