ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this season and future

JHoops

VUSports.com Legend
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Taking a few days to digest the loss I was able to come up with a few thoughts that I took away from this season. I know most of us are still depressed from the loss, but life moves on and so does the program.

1) First, I want to thank JVP and DH, not only for this season but their four years. The transformation DH made from his Freshman year to now was nothing short than awesome. He is truly a special player for this program as a player and representative. I hope he gets drafted. JVP will go down as one of my favorite players, a player that stuck with us even after he sat out his first year. He was huge for the program. I loved watching him play every game, so tough. I will miss these two player, good luck in the future.

2) Josh Hart, he had a un real year. This kid is so tough and sacrifices so much on the court. The improvement he made shooting the ball was amazing. I still like him attacking the basket more, but his shooting has dramatically improved and a stress that word in terms of his shooting for his senior year in high school and now. Josh, in my opinion, is going to have a huge year next year, possibly first or second team BE.

3) Ochefu, for the most part, I loved how Daniel played this year. The improvement on the offensive end has been very good. I loom forward to seeing how he improves this summer. I think he will take another step or two, no reason to believe he won't from the previous two summers.

4) I think I am most excited to see how Booth comes back next year, I am a huge fan. Personally, I think he is next in line for great guards. He exceeded expectations this year. I look forward to seeing a note seasoned Booth next year. I think he is going to be he most notable improved player next year. He played poised, tough, and smart all year.

5) Arch/Ennis, I thought both of these two were solid for most of the year. Arch's all BE team speaks for itself. This point is more about looking forward to seeing these two lead and lead guards next year for this team. I really like the fact that we have two senior guards together.

Future:
1) I am intrigued to see how Bridges looks going into next year. I think he will give us more than what is thought, he can shoot the ball.

2) I think we are going to plug Brunson in and roll right along. I look for Brunson to find the niche early on and run with it the whole season, he will be a huge part of next years success. Simply said, he is elite and I think we will see flashes of that next year. I will say, that we should keep in mind to temper expectations with him and let him find his way first.

3) Besides Brunson, can the other players in the 2015 class give us something? In my opinion, I really don't think we will see much of Donte of TD next year, but I have been wrong before.

4) Personally, I consider the season a success. I tend to look at the totality of the season and don't narrow it down to one game. Sure, it is dissapointing we lost to NC State so early, but that does not change my mind, I still consider it a success. I look forward to seeing how we can advance further next year and years to come. Jay has a system and he is going to recruit to that. I trust Jay knows what he is doing.

Recruiting season:

Simply, enjoy it, it is one of my favorite times of the year. Prospects emerge and improve during this time. Names will come to surafce in the coming months that could play a huge part to recruiting classes.

Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News