ADVERTISEMENT

Trashiest Thing You Do for Fun

Mr. Wade Garrett

VUSports.com Addict
Dec 11, 2007
Despite what's been posted in multiple threads, tailgating at football games is a trashy hobby of the proletariat but still good fun.

What else do you guys do that's considered low brow??

Me... I still mosh at punk shows.

I enjoy smoking a cigar and pulling weeds from my landscaping beds. Don't ask me why. The combination of the two is very soothing.

Batting cages, followed by a great meal at the Outback. I'll hit 200-300 balls then go enjoy a tall Fosters with a Victoria Filet.

I don't consider either to be trashy, but at 40 I guess I've become "that guy."

But what can I say. Both things make me feel great.

Reactions: jvm3 and Chimpat
Batting cages, followed by a great meal at the Outback. I'll hit 200-300 balls then go enjoy a tall Fosters with a Victoria Filet.

I don't consider either to be trashy, but at 40 I guess I've become "that guy."

But what can I say. Both things make me feel great.
70 mph cage? 80?

I get my haircut at home by an erotic barber. For an extra $30, she trims my pubes and jerks me off. Trashy yet money well worth spent.

70 mph cage? 80?

Always the fast cage, but sometimes that means 70-75 mph. It really varies. The fastest I can catch up to these days is 80-83 (on a good day). Anything faster and I'm just barely foul tipping it.

Outback doesn't serve Dr Pepper, but good question. Sometimes I ask them to pour me a Coke with cherry juice, like a homemade Cherry Coke.

I love going to places like Outback, Chilis, etc. Typically don't drag my family there, usually go on a solo mission and sit at the bar.

I went skeet shooting last year, would that qualify? Pretty enjoyable, would do it again.

Good topic. I was into a lot of punk and hardcore bands back in the 80s and beyond. I don't think many of the bands I like are still around. What do you mean by punk, Clash-type stuff or bands like the Circle Jerks?

I masturbate.

Chimp
I love going to places like Outback, Chilis, etc. Typically don't drag my family there, usually go on a solo mission and sit at the bar.

I went skeet shooting last year, would that qualify? Pretty enjoyable, would do it again.

Chimp, you sound like fun. Not pretentious but aware that chains are not fine dining. A reasonable balance between someone like Ball and a savage like WCBurrs.

I like guns and have gone skeet shooting. I want to try trapshooting.

Reactions: Chimpat

Man, I'm the same way. Just last week I hit my favorite TGIF's off Michigan Ave in Chicago. Sat there with a full rack of ribs and apple cider beer. Watched the entire GS-Minn game by myself while I contemplated my life. Wished I had been born with Steph Curry's talents.

People make fun of me all the time, but I've never had a bad meal at the Outback. I feel the overall quality has gone down a little over the years but still pretty damn good for $25-$30.

Reactions: obriend1
Man, I'm the same way. Just last week I hit my favorite TGIF's off Michigan Ave in Chicago. Sat there with a full rack of ribs and apple cider beer. Watched the entire GS-Minn game by myself while I contemplated my life. Wished I had been born with Steph Curry's talents.

People make fun of me all the time, but I've never had a bad meal at the Outback. I feel the overall quality has gone down a little over the years but still pretty damn good for $25-$30.
I schedule my social events around my doctors' appointments -:) Happens when you get old!

Good topic. I was into a lot of punk and hardcore bands back in the 80s and beyond. I don't think many of the bands I like are still around. What do you mean by punk, Clash-type stuff or bands like the Circle Jerks?

I masturbate.

I was into punk in the 90s. Last week i was backstage with the Misfits. Have also recently seen Propagandhi, the Vandals, Rancid, Bad Religion, H20, NOFX, Lagwagon.... You get the idea.

I still have a wildly good time in a mosh pit. Cant go to a show without getting in it.

I love going to minor league sporting events in run down rust belt cities. Those are my people.

I drank three Bud Lights on a Wednesday night recently.

I enjoy a good novelty tshirt for cruising around the house.

This is an accurate statement. Can't figure out why. I've found the opposite is true for Coke. Fountain Coke from McD is amazing.
I think it's because Coke gets almost all of its flavor from the sugar whereas Dr. Pepper has other things that contribute to it. So when you're mixing it up in a fountain, as long as there's enough sugar, the Coke is going to taste great.

Okay, cool. You are probably about 10 years younger than me. I am into Circle Jerks (Now), original Dead Kennedys, Subhumans, and many more. I still listen to them regularly but I haven't been to a punk show since the Subhumans in 1998 at the Trocadero unless you count the Dead Milkmen. I was at there Troc concert after Dave Blood killed himself in about 2004?

I saw some good stuff, though, in the old days like Elvis Hitler at the Khyber Pass. Good times.

I wouldn't say that i enjoy this. But i do it often, and its trashy.

Three weeks ago, I took a shit in the lone stall in a strip club an hour outside of Baton Rouge.
See I can go anywhere, never had a problem. A lot of people like to wait until they get home or somewhere clean. It really only gets sketchy when the only options is a port a potty. That I avoid like the plague. I'll also avoid the single stall bathrooms or gender neutral ones.

On a rare weekday that I'm off, I'll go to the track. I'm usually the only one there who is either A) not old enough to have fought in Vietnam or B) speaks English as his native language. They sell cans of beer called Red Dog for $2. Same price as a bet. Good stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT