ADVERTISEMENT

US OPEN

Boobs going out early on Thursday. Hopefully the brestages hold up and he can put a low score up. Playing with Bubba and Cabera.

everyone is playing the same course, so fair , unfair, golf or not golf the entire field is playing the same holes, same tees, same pin placements.

id love to see Phil or Tiger win, would give golf a boost in ratings.

Fox Sports first major, lets see how Norman and Joe Buck do.

I don't like having #1/#18 as a Par 4/5. The USGA needs to make a decision and stick to it for the entire week.

Robert Trent jones designing a links course sounds like a disaster waiting to happen. Links courses are supposed to be natural and roll with the land, and Trent jones is all about tricking them up and adding gimmicks.

Still could turn out to be a fun tournament to watch though.

Boobs playing pretty well going into this tournament. Pulling for him. Thinking Fowler or DJ might finally win a major. Dark horse is Kevin Kisner.

Kid who works for me had his cousin qualify. Yesterday he played a practice round with Speith. They are buddies from juniors. Pretty cool. Denny McCarthy. He's going to shock the world.

would you guys rather see a new course like this or do you like the US Open at the classic venues like Winged Foot, Merion, Oakmont type layouts?

the USGA picks the course, so if its a disaster its on them not RTJ

I prefer a menu of US open courses to be mostly the old standards with a few different courses worked in. maybe one out of every four or five year play somewhere new and interesting.

i agree, i like the look of this course. we will see how it plays out. i do love Oakmont, that might be my favorite US Open venue.

I don't mind the expansion of the US Open venue pool but I do think the USGA is taking the whole Even Par champion goal too far. It's not fun to watch guys punch out and 3 putt.

Rory and Kaymer both went low in the past couple of years.

2010 McDowell E
2011 Rory -16
2012 Simpson +1
2013 Rose +1
2014 Kaymer -9

I guess it depends on the course.

whats Joe Buck calling golf gonna be like? if Tiger wins is he gonna yell

"And all is right again in golf"

he did that when the yankees won in 09.

And all is right in baseball again.

what at tool.

At the risk of the biggest g-dog mush ever.....

Woods??? Woods????? Are people actually serious in thinking that he has any chance of winning? He hasn't won a major in 7 years. 7 years ago Pat Burrell hit 33 HRs in a Phillies uniform. Think about that.

Woods is 195th in the rankings, he shot an 85 at the Memorial this year. He will be fortunate to make the cut.

7 years ago Pat Burrell hit 33 HRs in a Phillies uniform. Think about that.

1311947803699.jpg

Reactions: HereComeTheCats
"Big" data has been a "big" letdown.
Where is the objective analysis of these things?

1) There are some tough variables to measure on each individual shot: lie, wind, custom equipment, softness of course as day progresses or as it rains, etc.
2) Not sure who the customer of that analysis is. Does the average golf fan give a sh*t? Does it tell the players anything they don't already know? I feel like golfers are pretty in tune to what types of shots they are f*cking up and how it's happening.

C'mon man, the kid is 22 years old playing in the Open. That's pretty cool.
Great accomplishment, no doubt. It seems like every year now there are a few high schoolers getting through sectionals. I think there's a 16-year-old in the field this year.

What was a better test, Chambers Bay or Merion? Don't tell me what you "think", tell me the answer.

In depth statistical analysis has a limited audience. 1% of golf fans have the 1) interest 2) attention span and 3) mental capacity to talk about sand save VORP. The rest just want to chug 8 beers and scream get in the hole. It's universal across all sports.

I think Chambers Bay could be easier and could be harder with conditions. IE: worst conditions and scoring conditions would be a greater range where Merion would be closer to 0.

So let's say they do that analysis... then the discussion point turns to:
1. agree/disagree with the methodology
2. additional analysis

That's not interesting TV. Emotional unfounded unprovable opinions supported by nothing can fill daaaaaays of air time.

What I'm hearing is that the wind doesn't blow in the summer @ Chambers. This could end up being a cakewalk for the players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT