ADVERTISEMENT

US OPEN

It is unfortunate they have decided to host another us open at a cRappy public golf couse. Surprised the pros showed up.

lots of coverage on FS1 and Fox. FS1 has it until 8 then Fox takes over from 8- finish. tiger tees off at 5:28 EST, WDs at 6:41 EST.

i cant believe people go to watch practice rds at the US Open. maybe at Augusta cause those tickets are so hard to come by. why not just go to the US Open real rd they sell like 100K tickets daily. practice rds are soooo boring. hey lets go watch a pro drop 10 balls and chip onto a green.

Totally disagree. Been to a few and they are fun. Great way to see the course, less crowded and the players interact with the gallery. Nice way to spend a day.

Totally disagree. Been to a few and they are fun. Great way to see the course, less crowded and the players interact with the gallery. Nice way to spend a day.

Never did this, but I can think of worse ways to spend a day. I think I could find enjoyment in this.

i cant believe people go to watch practice rds at the US Open. maybe at Augusta cause those tickets are so hard to come by. why not just go to the US Open real rd they sell like 100K tickets daily. practice rds are soooo boring. hey lets go watch a pro drop 10 balls and chip onto a green.
My favorite part of the Open at Merion was watching guys practice their short games. Fantastic stuff. I watched Tongchai Jaidee hit about 10 straight 50 yds wedges to within 4 feet. Boner time.

I'm with adp. I generally don't like going to tournaments (other than the Masters) because you can only see so much, but the practice rounds are at least fun. You don't have to whisper the entire time and everyone is more laid back.

I did Masters this year on Wednesday and Thursday. Enjoyed Wednesday far more than Thursday. First of all, less crowded as guys are still playing the front 9 at 6:30 or 7:00. Secondly, you get to see how the pros train on a course - what are the things they're working on in anticipation of a tournament. Finally, golf is a tough sport to watch live and follow what is going on - I'd rather watch the tournament on TV when you can see more guys at once

Fox coverage "looks" good so far. Production quality looks to be superb. Let's hope they knock it out of the park this weekend

Kind of feels like I am watching the British Open on BBC (which I love). Also, dig the FS1/USGA logo - that looks cool too

Just turned on the Open......is it me, or is that course ugly?? half brown, half pea green.......bare spots on the fairway, and splotchy greens, guess they're trying to make it look like Scotland......good practice for the British Open.

If you really want to see the tournament, watch it on TV........being there in person you miss 90% of the event. We went to the open at Pinehurst in 2005 and that was the last.......found a shady spot and watched them all come by and hit one shot; options are to follow one group and walk five miles; or waste time trying to bounce around the course and catch certain players.

That's why it's fun to do the practice round. It gives you a much better sense of what you'll see later on TV. You can really get around the course and understand the lay out. My sense is there are people in this world who look for reasons to complain and others who look to maximize their experiences in life. I'll leave it at that.

trhqg7t.jpg

Phil gave two shots back in the last 3 holes

I thought Pinehurst looked terrible last year. this course looks the same. American courses arent meant to be links style.

I think Whitecat, UncleBill and Mainliner outshot Tigger today. F'n Christ, bruh.

Directv is amazing for events like this, several different channels of varying coverage. One channel features two holes only, another features a pairing, which yesterday was woods, fowler, oostenheusen. They were all terrible, but I'm starting to buy into the "clown miniature golf" story, and the wind was bad at times, real bad. Guys are playing one irons and 3 woods on the greens, weird stuff.

The 15th is one of the most unique and beautiful holes you will ever see, but some of the shots the players had to play on that hole were completely unfair.

The narrative of the week is and will continue to be the turf on the greens. They looked so inconsistent and bumpy in the afternoon. The USGA should have put Bermuda grass on the greens and let the fescue run wild elsewhere.

The narrative of the week is and will continue to be the turf on the greens. They looked so inconsistent and bumpy in the afternoon. The USGA should have put Bermuda grass on the greens and let the fescue run wild elsewhere.

Would have preferred "theme" over "narrative" but a valid point. You can't say that all of the players are "playing the same course" or that "there is a level playing field" when the morning players get smooth greens and the afternoon players get numerous random spikes sticking out of the greens. But that's neither here not there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT