ADVERTISEMENT

US OPEN

it was a links course which was not what the US Open was used to. does that make it wrong? not sure but the same stuff happens all the time at the British and no one complains. i guess players were not used to the links style for the US Open.

my whole thing is everyone is playing the same course. like Tom Weskopf said, par 4 or 5 you just try and post the best score you can per hole. its the same for everyone.

Johnson seems like a good guy. i was hoping he would win. he didnt blow up the way he did at pebble in 2010 he just didnt make the putts he needed to . bogeying 10 11 and 12 killed him. huge birdie at 17 then an unfortunate 3 putt after a great 2nd in at 18. he will live, he made 877K for T2.

amazing view of the sound/bay from the course. the train was kinda neat. im sure it bothered the pros who are generally incredibly sensitive to sound while golfing. if they hit a bad shot they need someone to blame it on.

The problem is if you are able to hit a 30 yard wide fairway at most US Open courses, its not going to roll off into a bunker. You shouldn't get penalized for hitting fairways at a US Open.

So lets say there are 30 specific yards out of a 75 yard fairway that you want to hit at Chambers Bay. If you miss, you are penalized. How is that any different than winged foot?

So lets say there are 30 specific yards out of a 75 yard fairway that you want to hit at Chambers Bay. If you miss, you are penalized. How is that any different than winged foot?

What I saw over the weekend was didn't equate to this scenario. The landing areas were not consistent. Ball could roll a few yards or roll forever.

A buddy of mine had a great comment about Grace's putt on 18...How many times do you see a guy miss a putt twice on the same shot?

NBN has probably the best take on the course. If this was the John Deere I think the feedback would've been different. It might actually be fun to see these complete on a course like this outside of the US Open. For a US Open I want a long course with tall rough and smooth as glass greens.

Oakmont in 2016, love that course. was there in 07 when Cabrera won over tiger by a shot. Furky parred 17 after driving it in the rough 30 yds from the hole. short par 4. then 18 is impossible to birdie.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT