ADVERTISEMENT

GoP candidates

Its going to suck for whoever gets elected to office next year because odds are his/her term is going to coincide with the next economic downturn.

Reactions: kjbert
These debates always bring a hearty chuckle. 85% of individuals who become engrossed in them are incapable of having an open mind or showing just a hint of objectivity. Enjoying ND's work here. Carry on...

Updated rankings: (prior)
1. Donald Trump
1a. Ben Carson
2. Chris Christie (6) - takes guts to don baseball pants at 350 lbs.
3. Rick Santorum (2)
4. Marc Rubeo
5. Scott Walker
6. Ted Crux (3) - trash talking a mourning father
7. Laura Bush
8. Rick Perry
9. Jeb Bush
10. Ronald Reagan

2020 DNC Rankings:
1. Michelle Obama
2. Cory Booker
3. Chakkah Fattah
4. Bobby Rush
5. Amy Klobuchar
6. Thomas Perez
7. Llyod Austin
8. Charles Barkley
9. Kristin Gillenbrand
10. Joaquin Castro

Barkley is a Republican. You're no taking Chuck.

I might be combining threads here but how is Caitlyn Jenner not on the republican list? You thought shaming people into voting for a black president was easy, a former Olympic gold medalist transgender who sired Kendall Jenner would be childs play.

Updated rankings: (prior)
1. Donald Trump
1a. Ben Carson
2. Chris Christie (6) - takes guts to don baseball pants at 350 lbs.
3. Rick Santorum (2)
4. Marc Rubeo
5. Scott Walker
6. Ted Crux (3) - trash talking a mourning father
7. Laura Bush
8. Rick Perry
9. Jeb Bush
10. Ronald Reagan

Tough pool when Pataki and Huckabee can't even crack the top 10.

What is "real" unemployment? Whatever it is, I bet it got worse during Obama's 6 years like everything else. While the rest of the developed world flounders, he hasn't improved things enough.
Real unemployment = actual number of people who cannot find a job and who have not stopped trying.

6. Thomas Perez

th

Real unemployment = actual number of people who cannot find a job and who have not stopped trying.

But that doesn't include folks who take jobs beneath their prior level (lawyer turned barista) and are now "underemployed"....so, your definition is not "real" either.

And if someone "stops trying" b/c they have enough money to retire, does that count?

If only the Dept of Labor tracked that number.
What's that? They have been tracking it since World War II!? And it's roughly the same as when Obama Economy Killer took office?! That Dept of Labor must be hiding something. I don't trust those commies.

But that doesn't include folks who take jobs beneath their prior level (lawyer turned barista) and are now "underemployed"....so, your definition is not "real" either.

And if someone "stops trying" b/c they have enough money to retire, does that count?

The answer to who counts or not depends on what point you're trying to make. You can paint any picture you want! Just slap some anecdotes about the lawyer/barista or the unemployed turned Tesla engineer and click "publish". The world is your oyster! Fill it with any flavor of bullshit you chose!

I don't know. Just explaining that there are people who have dropped out of the job market and this number is not reflected in the unemployment rate.

Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you.

The answer to who counts or not depends on what point you're trying to make. You can paint any picture you want! Just slap some anecdotes about the lawyer/barista or the unemployed turned Tesla engineer and click "publish". The world is your oyster! Fill it with any flavor of bullshit you chose!

Doesn't everyone do this?

Or are you suggesting that only fat governors from NJ and his ilk are guilty?

Why are you guys arguing with ND? The Fed has continued to prop up the economy. Everyone knows this. We've been stagnant for a while with seasonal fluctuations. Obama's done absolutely nothing to improve things and his major initiatives, healthcare and the MIddle East Policy, have been unmitigated disasters. He's done nothing else but get in the way. Unemployment is not a real number and everyone knows it. Not worth the space debating.

I'm on your side, ADP. The modest economic turnaround during B.O.'s reign of terror isn't good enough and even the good parts of it aren't his doing. 6 years of Mr. Magoo-ing his way through moderate economic growth.

world2019s-oldest-driver.jpg

Its really unreal to me or anyone who has run a large company in the US how out of touch with reality people are who talk about these statistics in any meaningful way. Large companies are smaller, have much greater margins, far less employees, are flushing unions out by sending manufacturing jobs to china, the list goes on. BUT profits are up thus the positive statistics. Our corporate tax rates are destroying the middle class which barely exists anymore. 'The Company I run is an example of this. I am not proud of the fact that we don't manufacture our products in the US. I really want to bring those jobs back to the US but under the current conditions it isn't feasible.

On a side note can someone explain to me how Obama got so rich. Seriously I have asked this before. He has always been a politician how did he become so wealthy. Does anyone know. I know Michelle was an attorney but she didn't make millions of dollars so where did it come from. Certainly not enough to live in a 2 million dollar house in Chicago where real estate taxes where probably 60-70k a year.

Its really unreal to me or anyone who has run a large company in the US how out of touch with reality people are who talk about these statistics in any meaningful way. Large companies are smaller, have much greater margins, far less employees, are flushing unions out by sending manufacturing jobs to china, the list goes on. BUT profits are up thus the positive statistics. Our corporate tax rates are destroying the middle class which barely exists anymore. 'The Company I run is an example of this. I am not proud of the fact that we don't manufacture our products in the US. I really want to bring those jobs back to the US but under the current conditions it isn't feasible.

On a side note can someone explain to me how Obama got so rich. Seriously I have asked this before. He has always been a politician how did he become so wealthy. Does anyone know. I know Michelle was an attorney but she didn't make millions of dollars so where did it come from. Certainly not enough to live in a 2 million dollar house in Chicago where real estate taxes where probably 60-70k a year.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-barack-obama-made-his-fortune.html

Good read but it covers post the time period I am wondering about. About 15 years ago I was at a democratic fund raiser in NJ and I remember someone saying watch out for Obama he is the Manchurian candidate. Everyone said, who is that. He said the new hope of the democratic party. Lots of money is moving his way. He mentioned Warren Buffet. This is how politics works. Its not about us, its about them. Makes you understand why Obama is so against the pipeline. Follow the money it will lead you to the decision

Community organizing?

I am enjoying the shit out of Donald Trump right now.
The guy is an entertainer that knows how to make money. What is there not to enjoy? I would gladly sign up to be mocked by the world and not be taken seriously if it came along with his bank account.

The guy is an entertainer that knows how to make money. What is there not to enjoy? I would gladly sign up to be mocked by the world and not be taken seriously if it came along with his bank account.
Exactly, a great lesson into the symbiotic nature of the media. Trump uses them to sell, they use him to sell and everyone who pays any attention or doesn't get the joke is the sucker. Cap tip to Trump. However, let's not take anything he says too seriously. He's just selling and the media is all to happy to provide the forum.

He's like Mariano Rivera - you just keep waiting for his schtick to not work, and it just keeps going and going. It never fails. Irony is that most of what he is saying is true now. He's making an announcement on June 16 he says - and you know either A) something will come up that 'forces him' to change his mind ( I was set to run, and would have if it were not for ...." ) (add in "and I would have won easily if I did run" ) or B) it will be an announcement about something about a new development project or Apprentice Season 12 - and that's why he cant run.

Between now and then - and in the weeks after - he'll be on TV 100 times trashing people while promoting something. No one does it better. But he actually does make the current noms look like a bunch of lightweights.

There isn't enough room in the GOP clown car for all you guys.

Dont disagree with the GOP candidates but who are the Democratic candidates that aren't a joke.

I actually think the GOP has some good candidates. What is wrong with Scott Walker? Guy has been an executive in a blue state, done good work, won 3 elections in said blue state, and for all purposes is a normal person. Specifically what makes him bad? The Dems have hitched their wagon to the most corrupt. Power hungry women in the history of US Politics. Aa women who enables and allows her husband to bang anything that walks in her own quest for power. She cannot win. It will be interesting to see how that train derails because it if the GOP can just get out of the way, it will.

Good point about Walker I like him too. Took on the unions and has a good understanding of what it will take to bring jobs back to the US

I love the Obama Manchurian candidate theory. I thought we were all familiar with the fact that the US govt is an ATM machine for 1%ers. Then, to keep their "ATM fees" down, they flip that on it's head and pretend that 47%ers are the ones robbing us blind.

Trump is a stud. Nobody does it better.

Would love to hear more about Scott Walker's foreign policy chops. Will old people vote for someone without any gray hair?

Good point about Walker I like him too. Took on the unions and has a good understanding of what it will take to bring jobs back to the US

Can you expand upon this? What does he say it will take to bring jobs back to the US? Not criticizing I simply do not know his position there, or much about him at all outside of his teacher union stance and surviving a recall of some sort.

Why do we always assume shareholders are 1%ers? Some people actually use stocks/dividend in their retirements.

Dumb response but typical by dems. Very easy to fix that suggestion just require companies to use the tax break towards bringing back employees, investing more in R&D, etc etc. Its so easy but they don't want it because it doesnt fit the tax the rich narrative.

Worst part is the response is to fortune 500 companies not the little guys that are always struggling to grow. Why not "prop them up"

Dumb response but typical by dems. Very easy to fix that suggestion just require companies to use the tax break towards bringing back employees, investing more in R&D, etc etc. Its so easy but they don't want it because it doesnt fit the tax the rich narrative.

Worst part is the response is to fortune 500 companies not the little guys that are always struggling to grow. Why not "prop them up"

Why would anyone want the jobs at the manufacturing plant you run? Why would we compete with the jobs that have been outsourced to China? Would you want your son or daughter working these jobs?

The rest of the world is developing too. We are in a late stage service economy. This is unprecedented in world history. Of course the middle class is disappearing: you can no longer be middle class if you work in a manufacturing plant. But for christ's sake stop pretending this started in 2008 and hasn't been obviously trending in this direction for decades. Sure, let's lower corporate tax rates so we can pay more people a little above minimum wage to work in your plant. That will solve everything.

I'm not saying the US's time on top is over - far from it. But if you think the solution is aiming to get things back to how they were 40 years ago then it may as well be. We have different challenges, the world economy is different, the make up of our population is different... I swear some people think our economy exists in a vaccuum. You can't just turn back the clock - it's easy to say "this used to work so why won't it now", but the environments just aren't conparable in any way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT