ADVERTISEMENT

GoP candidates

It's a basic law of economics that money follows demand. Let's take elderly care as the penultimate example. As the population continues to age, there will be more and more demand for workers in that field. More and more demand means employers will have to pay more and more to attract employees. Your cynical outlook also doesn't take into account that as a person gains more and more expertise in a given field it increases ( but certainly doesn't guarantee ) that they may decide to open their own business and become an employer instead of an employee.

1) Thanks for the BOOTSTRAPers guide on how to advance from lowly bedpan emptier to nursing home tycoon. That is not reality. The bulk of the elder care labor force is lowly unskilled serfs charged with simple tasks, not medical experts.
2) Also, this guy pays for most elder care:
638f38a409.jpg

I'm with ND here, TJC. Just because demand goes up doesn't mean the pay goes up. The majority of the jobs in eldercare are not highly-skilled jobs. There are plenty of people willing and qualified to work these jobs so the competition will keep wages fairly low. Also, the money generally comes from Medicaid once people's money runs out so the prices charged are restricted.

Wow thats all I can say. I have been fortunate that some talented people took me under their wing and showed me the way towards becoming who I am in business. Listening was the main component. It takes the ability to listen and learn though. Hopefully when you grow up you will find that. For now continue thinking you are all knowing. The fact that you think you know everything about every industry from manufacturing to health care is just a wow thats all I can say

Also - in you have forgotten 2008 already, ( I have not) this is not a 'so called recovery' - it's an actual recovery. Fair to comment on the strengths or speeds of it, but make no mistake - it's a recovery. There is no metric that doesnt support this.

I imagine this argument sounds much like when the most common job in the united states stopped being farmer

You are in for some real life lessons son. My advice don't think you know it all and learn through your experiences. Those experiences will guide you both in your investments and in your business decision making. If for a second you think you know it all you will not make it very far in your career. You can choose not to listen I am only trying yo be helpful. I would also get rid of the crappy know it all attitude as well.

Probably need to add Marco Rubio to your list

Hahahaha ohh now I get it this some sort of a comedic BW'er satirical/ironic post....PRETENDING to be some sort of asshole dickhead for a alugh at yourself accusing someone else of being a knowthing blowhard....gosh sometimes it is so hard to follow on here...of course you couldn't be serious in selfbloviating could anyone be a bigger asshole...so funny good one Pman....if you were anything what you claim to be why would you even be posting in this cesspool..gosh you would have to be smarter than that...ohh by the way...Rubio is a financial genius.....

He just hit his 16th year on THE HILL, though.
Yep, he's got to do his time as Chairman of Ways and Means. He'll revamp the tax code and use that to run for POTUS. That's the plan. Love this guy.

Funny you say that. cat fat I didnt realize where I was for a moment must be the old age. Anyway its Margherita time over here in 1%ville catch you all later

Reactions: jvm3
Yep, he's got to do his time as Chairman of Ways and Means. He'll revamp the tax code and use that to run for POTUS. That's the plan. Love this guy.

That would be a cap tip worthy accomplishment.

Anyway its Margherita time over here in 1%ville catch you all later
The only way to get your cold, black soul some rest is to drink yourself to sleep every night?

I'm with ND here, TJC. Just because demand goes up doesn't mean the pay goes up. The majority of the jobs in eldercare are not highly-skilled jobs. There are plenty of people willing and qualified to work these jobs so the competition will keep wages fairly low. Also, the money generally comes from Medicaid once people's money runs out so the prices charged are restricted.
Both you and ND are missing my point. I'm not talking about state run nursing home workers. Assisted Living Facilities, Visiting Angels, etc. is what I'm talking about. I guess I didn't make that clear. We have to restructure our awful public education system to offer kids more career paths. It's an absolute no brainer in my book!

Both you and ND are missing my point. I'm not talking about state run nursing home workers. Assisted Living Facilities, Visiting Angels, etc. is what I'm talking about. I guess I didn't make that clear. We have to restructure our awful public education system to offer kids more career paths. It's an absolute no brainer in my book!

The thread is closed, pal. Assisted living facility have even less skilled staff. Someone to serve food, clean up and pull bingo numbers? Not sure the post-Barrack economic revival is happening because of those types of jobs. Nice try though. Leave the goal post shifting to the pros.

The thread is closed, pal. Assisted living facility have even less skilled staff. Someone to serve food, clean up and pull bingo numbers? Not sure the post-Barrack economic revival is happening because of those types of jobs. Nice try though. Leave the goal post shifting to the pros.
Obviously you know nothing about assisted living facilities!

I never thought I'd live to see Paul Ryan and Nancy Pelosi saying the same thing, but hang around long enough I guess you hear everything.

I imagine this argument sounds much like when the most common job in the united states stopped being farmer

15 percent of the U.S. workforce is involved in agriculture-related jobs. The U.S. exports over $100 billion worth of agricultural products annually. The farming business has changed but U.S. agriculture remains strong.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT