ADVERTISEMENT

Masters

he is fun to watch. that shot on 14 that hit the flag stick was outstanding.

still cant believe he bogeyed 15.

tiger playing very well.

didnt realize Spieth never broke 70 last year.

-13 right now, 14 birdies and only one bogey through 31 holes so far. he can easily get to -15 for a two day total. 14 and 17 are hard holes on the back so we'll see what happens.

It's not like you guys can even watch the action. The golf channel doesnt actually show any. Just a bunch of old guys talking all day while they flash the scores up. Riveting stuff.

Gdog, are you talking about the Masters? everything is online. Group 1 &2, Amen corner, and 15/16.

Mark O'Meara with a surprising 68.

coverage starts at 3PM and all action is caught on camera by ESPN prior to the live telecast all previous action is showed in clips during that telecast.

thanks ESPN!

Originally posted by NorCalVU10:

Gdog, are you talking about the Masters? everything is online. Group 1 &2, Amen corner, and 15/16.

I'm talking about the TV. I have to turn on my computer to actually watch the action of a major event? What kind of clown show is this?

there is plenty of tv coverage. 3PM - finish Th and Fri. Sat 3PM - finish, Sunday 2PM - finish.

used to be just Sunday at 4PM back in the day. you only caught the back nine of the last 4 groups.

thanks ESPN!

Originally posted by gldendog:

I'm talking about the TV. I have to turn on my computer to actually watch the action of a major event? What kind of clown show is this?
Yawn-no one has cable these days- plus it's Friday, tons of golf fans are at work.

This post was edited on 4/10 2:17 PM by NorCalVU10

The Masters TV restrictions is nothing but sheer greed by the shot callers. A ploy to drive live attendance and make these rich f*cks is even more rich. The other 3 major events dont operate under any of the same TV restrictions.

The Masters TV restrictions is nothing but sheer greed by the shot callers. A ploy to drive live attendance and make these rich f*cks is even more rich. The other 3 major events dont operate under any of the same TV restrictions.
In 2003 they did the broadcast without any commercial sponsors.

Originally posted by NickleDimer:

A ploy to drive live attendance and make these rich f*cks is even more rich.
Nope. They would sell out anyway.
It's an archaic and ridiculous model. They want to keep the event "exclusive" with a less is more mentality. It's 2015 and there are cameras everywhere. What makes them different from the other majors who dont operate under this prehistoric philosophy? Clifford Roberts was the original Masters honcho and he believed too much TV coverage would hamper attendance. He's dead now and attendance is obviously way up but the organizers have chosen to honor his founding wishes, even after he blew his own brains out on the golf course.

the masters does nothing wrong today, nothing. they show the entire rounds of the leaders on Sat and Sun afternoon. all 18 holes.

they have one or two sponsors annually and that's it. commercials are maybe 30 seconds long. this year its mercedes benz.

its the best run sporting event in the world. the best tv coverage, the best golf ,the best course.

also when you go the beers are $1 and you get to keep the commemorative cup. if it was greed the beers would be $10 like baseball and football games.

a beer at a Nova St Johns game at the Garden is $12 and the WFC at least $7. totally outrageous.

They put out an amazing product, why change it? 4 minutes per hour of commercials, minimal commentary just a nice, peaceful watching experience. The streaming coverage is the best use of online sports coverage just slightly ahead of 1st weekend NCAA Tourney coverage.

I'm speaking only to the TV model. In today's day and age it's now, now, now. Everything is on everywhere. Fast food culture. It's probably the biggest golf event in the world. To limit the viewership so much for the first half of the event just seems dated. I dont see what benefit for doing so would be.

Streaming coverage is tremendous. Watched Spieth's entire round today.

I love golf as much as the next guy, but I don't need 10 hours of US open coverage on Friday nor do the extra 2 hours of coverage on Saturday and Sunday mean all that much.

The masters hasn't always gotten it right (not broadcasting the first 8 holes, no coverage on Thursday and Friday) but its a pretty great spot right now.

Novabball2 - the beers were $4 for "domestic" and "light" and $5 for "import" (they have no names on which beer is which). Gone are the days of dollars beers, but the cups are keepers
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm speaking only to the TV model. In today's day and age it's now, now, now. Everything is on everywhere.
You say you're talking about just the TV model-then everything else you say is exactly why the TV model is not as important.

I'm speaking only to the TV model. In today's day and age it's now, now, now. Everything is on everywhere.
You say you're talking about just the TV model-then everything else you say is exactly why the TV model is not as important.
Huh? I've talked about nothing but the TV model.

Two decks - at least tell me the egg salad on white was only $1.

in went in 2012 and i swear beers were $1 for domestic and $2 for premium or maybe $2 and $3. it wasnt $4 and $5

Rory must have other weekend plans? Or maybe distracted that J.J Watt is now plowing his ex.

Egg Salad, Pimento & Cheese, Iced Tea, Cola are all $1.50.

Ham & Cheese was $2.50
BBQ Sandwich was $3.00

Only place I've ever been where we all had sandwiches and beer for 4 people and the total was $22.00. Still a great deal.

Have to say the Egg Salad and Ham & Cheese were outstanding, but beer was definitely $4 and $5 (which is still a steal relative to any other sporting event).

Originally posted by TwoDecks:

Pimento & Cheese,
The Caviar of the South

better-call-saul-pimento.jpg

I haven't seen it in years; Crenshaw was seen smoking a cigarette
while walking across one of the bridges. Arnie and Jack early
in the careers smoked throughout their rounds. I imagined their sponsors
put at end to it. It might have been Clifford Roberts,

Incidentally Nicklaus was a very slow player when he first came out.
The "driller" was really slow. In spite of his slow play, I believe Furyk
is well liked by his fellow players,

Whitecat, according to Jack, he quit in 62 after he saw footage of his win at the open over Arnie. He said he thought it made a terrible example so he stopped smoking in the course. In 2007 at Augusta I walked the course following Sluman. He was paired with Lumpy Herron, and both Lumpy and his caddie smoked non stop the entire round.
Novabball- beer was 3/3.75 when you attended. Still a steal.

Daly is still a BOSS on the course when it comes to Cigs. Darren Clark and Miguel you can see them smoking stogies on the course all the time.

Spieth better keep red numbers going as Rory, Phil, Casey, and even Tiger are scoring today. Hope he does

Tiger charging. Rory making a move.

Sleigh playing out of his mind though

Going to be very highly rated tomorrow:

Final round pairings for Sunday:
2:30 p.m. - Tiger/Rory
2:40 p.m. - Phil/Hoffman
2:50 p.m. - Spieth/Rose

On Wednesday, one guy who looked like he was laser focused on practicing, particularly on the back was Justin Rose. He was playing solo and was spending 10 minutes on each green, while everyone else was on the par 3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT