ADVERTISEMENT

NBA Draft/Rumors Thread

Lakers are trying to scare the Sixers into giving up an asset to move to 2 just like the Sixers tried to scare Orl into giving up an asset to move to 3 for Porzingis. It's all bullshit. Just hold firm at 3. It's laughable to think LA hasn't already settled on a player.

In 12 games. No starts. Ankle injury kept him out for months. Fits the Sixers draft mold.

No one is saying playing in China is the be all end all and 12 games is a small sample size. But he was a kid playing with men in China of all places. Not exactly the easiest of situations.

In 31 mpg he went for 18-6-6.

Hey, you can have reasons not to want him or liking him, but using not starting any games in China as a reason is pretty dumb.

He's healthy now and his workouts have gone well.

All I'm saying is that if Russell goes before #3, then I'd prefer Mudiay over the two foreigners, Okafor, Winslow, etc.....obviously, assuming Towns goes #1.

Shat would you like to see happen? Or do you not care?

Reactions: kjbert
Entering the season media was considered a better prospect than Russell

What level of play does the Chinese pro league roughly equate to? If Steph Marbury is still lighting it up at age 50, I'll say mid-level D-II.

I hear ya.

But he was considered the best HS player in his class by many.

He looks strong and athletic. Maybe, he can be a John Wall type. I think the shooting concerns are overblown. His form is 100 times better than Turner.

What is your preference?

All right to boys, who we taking? I want Russell

My draft board for Sixers:

1. Towns
2. Russell
3. Mudiay
4. Okafor
5. Hezonja
6. Winslow
7. Porzingus

If Towns/Russell are gone, then I wouldn't be opposed to trading back to thec 4-6 range if the deal is too good to pass up. If it's just an ok offer, then take Mudiay.

The only thing I'm fairly certain of is that Towns won't be there at #3.

Trade: Portland sends Batum to Char for Henderson/Vonleh.

Char giving up on Vonleh a bit early for my liking. Batum didn't have good year last season.

Portland is gonna suck balls if Aldridge leaves. And Wes. It will be Lillard and McCollum and next to nothing else.

Looks like they'll be the team to fall out of the West playoffs next yr to make room for OKC.

The #2 pick alone isn't scoring Cousins. They would need to include Randle as well. At least. The only other player on the entire Lakers roster a young team would want would be Clarkson. They don't have a 1 next yr so basically besides their pick this yr Randle and Clarkson are the only 2 tradeable commodities. The rest of the roster is complete dogsh*t.

If Sac made this deal I'm fairly sure they would draft Okafor at 2 to replace Cousins. And then draft Mudiay or Hezonja at 7. Makes sense.

Interesting question on how good the chinese league is

100% consensus around the world is NBA is #1, Spanish league #2

Rest are debatable although I'm sure an NBA scout could give you a definitive list:

Turkish and Italian leagues probably 3 and 4.

China probably # 5. Massive population, many fringe NBA prospects who decide to stay home and make comparable money, and of course former college stars.

NCAA #6 just because they are young kids and don't have the stability year after year professional teams do. Talent may exceed China or Italy, but the quality does not

Argentinian league produces talent but there's no way it's a deep league. I'll throw the Israeli and Greek leagues in this same category. Those two are more based on imports than homegrown talent, but Maccabi Tel Aviv (where Blatt is from) and Olimpiakos are too respected to neglect them

Boston needs to swing for the fences. God they are in great shape going forward, especially with having Brooklyn's picks. Not sure how many African American free agents want to live in Boston, but they're certainly looking like a better destination than Philly in the near future, with both teams having similar draft pick accumulation.

Chad Ford had been bullish in every mock draft he releases with Porzinguz going to the Sixers. Today, he releases 8.0 and he has the Sixers taking Russell. Mentioned speaking to sources late yesterday. Also, mentions Hinkie like Mudiay.

I like Grant a lot. I think he will be better than Mudiay and maybe as good as Russell. id be ok with trading down to take him. if they can get some one else who can play next season.

Lakers or Portland will sign Love. Sacremento hires George Karl who is an idiot, he has already ruffled the feathers of a fragile Cousins. they will trade Cousins to either the Lakers or Portland and regret it every day after.

the Lakers could draft Okafur, trade him for Cousins and #6. Lakers would have to throw in some other stuff to match money.

i love the draft, so many bad GMs out there, someone always does something stupid. its usually Billy King.

Dirk changed the game. Each GM tricks themselves into thinking the next 7 foot Euro is Dirk. it never works. see Darko.

Houston trying to free up money to be active in FA are trying to unload Terrence Jones (1-yr @ 2.5 mil left) and the #18 pick. Prime example of something the Dixers should jump on. They don't need a player back for they can't add salary. Offer them OKC pick next year and a couple of 2's.

Albert BreerVerified account‏@AlbertBreer 11m11 minutes ago

Wow ... @WindhorstESPN just said that if Okafor slips to 3, the Celtics are ready to send a monster package to Philly to get him.

What is monster? None of their current players wow me and their highest pick is 16. Their own future 1's are risky. They are backend playoff team now. Of course, they do have multiple 1's coming from Brooklyn.

It would take 16, 28, 32, Smart, BRK #1's in '16 & '18.

Then, you trade 16, 28 or 32, a BRK 1, and say OKC/MIA 1 to Knicks for #4 where you draft Mudiay.

So, you get Mudiay, Smart, 28 or 32, a BRK 1 for the #3 and one of your 1st next year.

At some point you need to stop grabbing assets and actually get players. If the past 3 drafts end up providing Noel, Embiid who might amount to nothing, Saric, who might not even come over and a bunch of future draft picks in the 5-20 range then the entire thing is a complete and utter failure. Hopefully they grab Russell quit trying to be too cute by half.

At some point you need to stop grabbing assets and actually get players. If the past 3 drafts end up providing Noel, Embiid who might amount to nothing, Saric, who might not even come over and a bunch of future draft picks in the 5-20 range then the entire thing is a complete and utter failure. Hopefully they grab Russell quit trying to be too cute by half.

I agree. I think they want Russell, so Okafor slipping to them means he's gone and might change the course.

I think my above scenario (last post) is feasible.

If that's what they do then let's walk through the plan as sold: you tank a bunch of years in a row to get those valuable top picks because you need franchise players to win. So you tear it down, all to get those top picks, whiff on a few of them and then trade some for a bunch of mid-round picks....which was the entire thing we were originally sold as not being enough to get you difference makers. The C's have no decent players and their picks are not going to be top 3. If this comes to pass we can turn the oven off on Hinkie.

If that's what they do then let's walk through the plan as sold: you tank a bunch of years in a row to get those valuable top picks because you need franchise players to win. So you tear it down, all to get those top picks, whiff on a few of them and then trade some for a bunch of mid-round picks....which was the entire thing we were originally sold as not being enough to get you difference makers. The C's have no decent players and their picks are not going to be top 3. If this comes to pass we can turn the oven off on Hinkie.

ADP in my hypothetical they get back to four and take Mudiay.

Houston trying to free up money to be active in FA are trying to unload Terrence Jones (1-yr @ 2.5 mil left) and the #18 pick. Prime example of something the Dixers should jump on. They don't need a player back for they can't add salary. Offer them OKC pick next year and a couple of 2's.

Would LOVE to have Terrence Jones and that pick. Like others I also like Jerian Grant.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT