ADVERTISEMENT

Queeny Hamels no hitter?

I'll go as far as he had more urgency.
His start was moved up from Friday the 31st to Thursday the 30th. This tells me the Phillies are so desperate for revenue that they are making him pitch one last time at home to get a huge walk up bump in attendance from lemmings going to see his last start at home.

Because they are so greedy, I hope he gets hurt and blows whatever deal they had in place for Friday.

It's his turn to pitch. They are currently using a 4-man rotation. No one was moved up.

You theory is warped. Good chance that if he pitches Thursday then he'll be here after deadline.

I don't know if the policy is written anywhere. I spoke w a member of the organization about it.

Rollins is a borderline possibility. But if he doesn't get in, they won't retire the number

I don't know if the policy is written anywhere. I spoke w a member of the organization about it.

Rollins is a borderline possibility. But if he doesn't get in, they won't retire the number

IMO, Rollins' chances of having his number retired are much greater than the HOF. Only because I believe the number retired part of it is nearly 100%.

In some attempt to sell tix didn't the Phillie's do something silly to honor pat the bat? Could have sworn this just happened. Am j making this up?

Yeah, he's getting inducted into the Wall of Fame, which is about as exclusive as a public pool

Thought so. For the record, Rollins and I have the same chance of being elected to the baseball hall of fame for playing the game of baseball

In some attempt to sell tix didn't the Phillie's do something silly to honor pat the bat? Could have sworn this just happened. Am j making this up?

Ha ha ha....no, you're not making it up. Well, you're confused. They aren't retiring his number. He's going on the Wall-of-Fame, which they do every year. It has nothing to do with an attempt to sell tickets. It's a yearly event. A sometimes stupid one if you ask me

Agree, but Rollins is arguably a top three position player ever.
Oh boy, burrs is making up new standards that mean nothing. By the highlighted statements that sounds great but means little, Rollins is one of the 3 best ss in Phillie's history.

Thought so. For the record, Rollins and I have the same chance of being elected to the baseball hall of fame for playing the game of baseball

We know what you think already. It's been a for the record about a dozen times now.

He's in the conversation more than you think because he plays a position where very few have some of his numbers.

No he's not. Donald Trump has a better chance of becoming president. Rollins has no shot, none. Despite how silly cata gores you try and create to justify your fandom

To me, they should keep it a HOFers only. Makes it really prestigious. And I love Rollins

Yea, but then you're at the mercy of dimwitted, vindictive, weirdo baseball writers.

He's the franchise all-time hit leader and in top 10 (some top 3's) of just about every offensive category. Was a tremendous defensive SS. And the leader of arguably their greatest run ever.

He deserves to have his number retired.

Utley? No
Howard? No
Hamels? No

So, it will remain exclusive.

You don't honor your all-time hits leader and arguably a top 3 position player ever the same way you do Mike Lieberthal. Cmon, be reasonable.

No he's not. Donald Trump has a better chance of becoming president. Rollins has no shot, none. Despite how silly cata gores you try and create to justify your fandom

Last week Barry Larkin said he's definitely a HOF'er. Now, I don't agree with this type of conviction ("definitely"), but I'll take Larkin's opinion over some random, Frontrunning Bats' fan.

He's closer than you think.

But we've been over this before. No
Need to rehash it.

Last week Barry Larkin said he's definitely a HOF'er. Now, I don't agree with this type of conviction ("definitely"), but I'll take Larkin's opinion over some random, Frontrunning Bats' fan.

He's closer than you think.

But we've been over this before. No
Need to rehash it.
Well if Barry Larkin says yes, then he must be in.

I look forward to the following argument seven years from now:

adp: "I told you Rollins wouldn't get into the HOF."
burrs: "You said he had no chance. He got 37.8% of the vote which shows that he was more in the conversation than you gave him credit for."

And then 250 more posts after that.

burrs: "You said he had no chance. He got 37.8% of the vote which shows that he was more in the conversation than you gave him credit for."

I just hope eating popcorn gif's are still around.

Ha ha...not really.

But by the same token if ADP says he isn't then by God he isn't.
Yes, why use things like measurable numbers and stuff. There is no case for Rollins in the Hall unless you are a CoP homer who likes to create new stats to support a silly attempt to include Rollins. He doesn't have the numbers and at no point was he ever considered the best at his position. Nice player, no shot at the hall. There won't be a long debate because the guy has no chance. Any non-biased person can draw that conclusion rather easily.

Yes, why use things like measurable numbers and stuff. There is no case for Rollins in the Hall unless you are a CoP homer who likes to create new stats to support a silly attempt to include Rollins. He doesn't have the numbers and at no point was he ever considered the best at his position. Nice player, no shot at the hall. There won't be a long debate because the guy has no chance. Any non-biased person can draw that conclusion rather easily.

jimmy-rollins-dx-crotch-chop1.gif

Solid prediction.....

Well if Barry Larkin says yes, then he must be in.
No need to rehash it, we'll all just keep playing this silly game I created called, blind philly homerism, Crazy stuff like stats, history and measurable data need not apply. The barrier for inclusion is does he raise to calf tattoo worthy? If so, he's in.

Fun fact: Jimmy Rollins' best season OBP is .349. Barry Larkin had 14 seasons better than that.

Fun Fact: Rollins will end his career with more hits. Doubles, triples, home runs, stolen bases, runs, and RBIs than Larkin. He will also be considered a better fielder, who had 7 higher fielding % seasons than Larkin's .983 (In a full season) best season. And he play in three times as many postseason games.

Funny. Because I have heard a few unbiased national guys suggest that Rollins is an interesting case.

Now, no one is saying stone cold lock or anything, but in the conversation. We already know the hall has guys in it that people don't think belong. The hall also includes SS that weren't as good as Rollins.

Rollins has a realistic chance at being the top 5 in games played at SS.

Burrs if he gets in will you take your sons to Cooperstown on induction weekend, provided you are still alive?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT