ADVERTISEMENT

2015 Vebal Commits

Gangtackle11

'Nova Nation Sensation
Jul 14, 2012
RB Jarrett McClenton - 5'9"; 170 lbs. - Archbishop Wood (PA)
DL Bryant White - 6'3", 280 lbs. - W.C. Henderson (PA)
OL Keegan Sheedy - 6'5", 270 lbs. - Lancaster Catholic (PA)
OL Louie Csaszar - 6'3" 280 lbs. - Liberty (PA)
RB D'Andre Pollard - 5'7" 170 lbs. - Neshaminy (PA)
QB Adeyemi Da Silva - 6'3" 195lbs. - Palisades Park (NJ)
LB Drew Wiley - 6'1" 225 lbs. - Hopewell Valley Central (NJ)
ATH Brandon Chadbourn - 6'0" 185 lbs. - Bishop Guilfoyle (PA)
OL - Ethan Greenridge 6'5" 320 lbs. Riverhead HS Riverhead, NY
LB - Anthony Malaguti 6'2" 235 lbs. Don Bosco Prep Ramsey, NJ
This post was edited on 11/26 6:01 AM by Gangtackle11

Offense won't miss a beat in the post-Robertson era with big-time backs like Pollard and McClenton and Da Silva at QB.

McClenton, carried the ball 25 times scored 4 TDs, totaled 154 yds in Wood's
42-34 win over Imhotep Charter. BTW Wood has a big, tough line for which the small (5-8 165) McClenton is thankful. His coach "Pound for pound, he's a very strong kid".His scores came on runs of 14, 1, 15, 80 yds. A Maryland recruit wideout D. J. Moore caught two short passes and turned them into 88 yd and 71 yd scores.for Imhotep. Wood is the defending state champs Next up is a quarterfinal game vs Great Valley(12-1)
I think JRs replacement is already in school. Zach Bednarczk (6-1 190) who is being redshirted. Coach T "Like John ,Zach fits our option with a spread offense, and he is a left hander, my first in 29 years. He is very athletic and isn't a pocket drop-back guy."

1 QB
2 RBs
1 WR/ATH
3 OL
1 DL
2 LBs

Leaves 5 or so schollys for DBs, TE,another WR, & DL

This post was edited on 11/26 2:43 PM by Gangtackle11

I think in the Nova two deep D only 4 seniors, maybe 7 on O. Cats will be tough next season. Open with a win at UConn followed by a blowout win in the Bronx (Fordham) BTW why two away games to open season? Then home opener and Parents Weekend as Cats beat Delaware for the 100 consecutive year.

Need some quality California recruits. Over last 20 years Cats have done well in the greatest talent pool in FB. In the 1990's the Finnerans, Chris Boden, up to todays Poppy livers and Earnest Pettway and many more in between. Recruiters need to work harder in CA.

. PCH- Coach T explained the absence of Cailf kids. It all centers on a big change in recruiting. In today's world the football
camps (mostly one day) held on campus by the coaching staff generates most of the signings. I think last year Cats received 11
recruits via theses camps. Cailf kids do not come east for these camps.
BTW Poppy may have been raised out west but the Livers family are Norristown people. Poppy's grand dad you know about.
I understand VU football was approached by people hoping to get Poppy a scholly. Coach brought him in as a preferred walkon.
Have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.

There was one player from southern Calif at the last home game for an Official visit. I think the cold weather was a bit of shock for the poor kid.

Biogelusa - thanks for the info. Villanova has enjoyed great success with Calif players from All-American QBs to All American offense lineman to All-American wideouts.

According to Rivals, there a currently 5 Villanova offers to kids from the West Coast.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=qssgpc&s=8#.VHcz-zHF9y4

This post was edited on 11/27 9:30 AM by Biogelusa

This post was edited on 11/27 9:31 AM by Biogelusa

Looking at the 1998 Football Yearbook it notes 18 players from California second only to 19 from PA. 87 total players on roster.
This was the year after Orange County's Brian and Brad Finneran graduated. 1998 team lead by San Clemente QB Chris Boden, All Conference WR Murle Sango, Co-captain DL Jason Tenner, top cornerback Ademole Turner who had 5 interceptions in 1997, OL leader Mitch McCrimmon, DB Hezekiah Lewis, DB DeLonne Kelly, DE Mark Crook and obviously a number of others.

At that time So. CA alumni group had receptions for the Nova players every holiday season. At least 10-12+ in attendance every year.

Ed, current recruiting problem requires a work around to bring these talented players to Nova again.

There may have been a couple of other factors in that dwindling Calif. pipeline. I believe Dave Clawson OC at the time, and current H.C at W.F, made the initial inroad in Calif. At that time Calif. kids who weren't being recruited by 1A's were primarily going to CC's. rather than 1AA's. We, supposedly got the Finneran's because we were willingly to take them as a package. (A very good decision). I believe Brian had some Division 1 offers, but the brothers wanted to play together. When we became so successful in our Calif. recruiting, the copy cat syndrome kicked in. 1AA's from east to west, who hadn't recruited there started to. I believe UMass who was still 1AA was one of them who mined that talent pool. Over time the Calif. pipeline became a lot more competitive, we then became very successful in South Jersey. I'm sure you get a lot more bang from your recruiting budget when you recruit mostly east coast. Surprisingly, I don't think we have any South Jersey verbals for 2015, but we do have some very good verbals from recruits within a 150 mile radius. I don't care where they are from, Calif., So. Jersey., Pa., N.Y., Md., Fla., etc. Most important is to keep recruiting the really good players that we have been.

Jarrett McClenton scored 4TDs as Wood easily won a playoff game 44-7 over Great Valley. He did it in the first half, sitting out the second. He scored two rushing, one on a pass, and one on a 51 yd punt return. Ran for 110 yds on 12 carries. The win sent Wood to its seventh straight state semifinal. Next weekend vs the winner of today's Somerset - Bethlehem Catholic game.
Wood Coach Steve Devlin on McClenton "He's one of the best football players in the state. He's without a doubt a game breaker, a threat every time he touches the ball. And he's a tremendous kid. That's the great part about him." The Philly Inquire calls MCClenton the most electric player in the area. WOW. Both these statements are high praise indeed.
This post was edited on 11/29 8:30 AM by UncleEd

UE,

I can't find the thread but who was the Villanova recruit who found himself in some trouble recently. I thought it was a big time RB. Is everything OK with that? Will he still be playing for us? Thanks.

Wildcat 03
RB D'Andre Pollard was caught up is some mischief at his high school. Other students also. I have not heard or read another thing about this since it first made the papers. And I have not mentioned it to our coaches.

Have seen McClenton play a couple of time......he's tough, durable & knows how to play the game. His size, maybe 165 lbs, has kept the 1A programs away.....should be Nova's gain. Andre Pollard from Neshaminy is also on the small size and nearly as talented.....McClenton is on a much better team (two Penn State commits). Have a pretty good Neshaminy kid on the court.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT