ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 76ers

The only reason I clicked on this Sixers thread is because it said the "last message" was posted by LizReed.

I'll see you at Stout.
402-Stand-by-Me-quotes.gif

Ish has made the Sixers look like a team that actually belongs on an NBA court most nights. Curious to see, if they dont get the Lakers pick, what they decide to do at PG in the draft. You would hope they end up with Simmons or Ingram, the pretty clear top 2, with their own pick. Ideally you also get the Lakers pick at 4 or 5 and take Kris Dunn too. They can possibly get Melo Trimble with that Heat pick somewhere in the late teens to 20 or whatever. Or of course, sign a free agent PG to go along with Ish. Gonna be an interesting offseason. Wont be surprised a lick to see them trade Okafor or Noel or Saric for backcourt help.

okafor or noel, one or the other. it's not like one is the opposite of the other or anything

like, yes, okafor could throw it out of doubleteams to ingram. but ingram doesn't need somebody else to be doubled in the post to get shots

simmons and noel would be worth masturbating to...if they also had porzingis

sorry greggy

nobody drafted after embiid is worth a damn

noel is an ideal defensive linchpin for the modern era of basketball with his rim protection and ability to switch on ballscreens

okafor is a piece of shit who makes the team worse on both ends and whose autistic father heckles brett brown like a little league parent

noel is an ideal defensive linchpin for the modern era of basketball with his rim protection and ability to switch on ballscreens

okafor is a piece of shit who makes the team worse on both ends and whose autistic father heckles brett brown like a little league parent

So, over the past 3 years, the sixers have failed to draft anyone more valuable that Zaza Pachulia?

Good points. Embiid is totally worth a damn.

Don't look now but the Heat are only 2 games away from picking in the top 10 again. They are totally falling apart. Again. More than likely they will end up in the 11-15 range but at this rate it won't be total shocker if they land in the top 10 again.

no protections on the heat pick in 2017

yeah the sixers would be way better off with exum or gordon. sure

everything hinkie has done has been fine, except for taking that cancerous goon instead of zinger. can't wait to see what shit free agents they will overpay this summer with that crook colangelo calling the shots

Johnny, what do you think of Ingram at the next level?

i can't stand to watch to duke for very long, but i think he's nearly as good a prospect as simmons. and i think there will be more and more people suggesting he's better as the draft approaches

extremely long, excellent shooter, active defender, good feel for the game. six months younger than jamal murray, who reclassified from 2017

seems like the third best player in the draft by a significant margin is dragan bender so the sixers would sure be better off picking first or second

i don't think dunn is much better than marcus smart

smith is below average

mcconnell really isn't terrible, somehow. every now and then you see something new from him like the banked runner going to his left

Dunn is a better passer than Smart and would appear to be an inch taller as well.

If the Sixers pick 3rd in this draft my f'n head will explode. They HAVE to get Simmons or Ingram. Have to.

Sounds like Bender has a crazier contract than Saric, so you pick him and you probably don't see him to 2019 at the earliest.

Ingram will be the 2nd pick and I agree with JG that he may inch closer to Simmons as the year goes on. I think Ingram needs time to get stronger, he's so damn skinny. Yea, I know a lot of them are thin at that age, but he seems to be even extra thin. However, love his length and the way he can shoot it. Tremendous wing span.

Dunn is more of purer PG than Smart could ever dream of being. Sees the floor the much better, handles it better, but to be really good in the best league he'll need to improve as a shooter. I've heard Wall comparisons with him, but i don't think he's that level of athlete or has Wall's top level speed. Still, if he's a worker, and it seems like he is, then he can develop just nicely, IMO.

Dunn is a good player but he's the 4th pick in the draft that means the draft blows. Not to be a dead horse but this is the problem with thinking all these first round picks amount to "pieces'. The past few drafts have sucked and this one might be the worst. Our luck we'll get the third pick.

The Suns are a JOKE. Swept by the Sixers. Time to sit down Ish with a phantom injury. The jagoff Lakers have no interest in winning games. That and the fact they are a horrible mix of me-me-me individuals who dont give a f*ck about anything but themselves. Kobe. Randle. Russell. Swagy P. Lou Will. Is it possible to have put together a more selfish core than this?

Buddy of mine is concerned that Sixers could pass PHO/BRK, but I don't see it. Yea, they're more competive, but that doesn't mean wins. Their ceiling in final 36 is 10/11 wins, which would put them at 18. PHO already had 14 and BRK 13. Yea, they stink, but both have at least 6 wins left in them. Pho beat ATL the other night and BRK beat OKC a few days ago.

Now, the Lakers? That's going to be a close one. They have a half dozen vets on the team and don't even try.

dunn and smart are basically the same age

smart took significantly better care of the basketball as a 19 y/o sophomore than dunn is managing six or seven weeks short of turning 22

i don't see dunn providing value commensurate with a quality selection at fourth or fifth overall. and murray looks nothing like a point guard

Reactions: NickleDimer
Murray looks like a 2G for sure. That puts a big dent in his NBA value.

Lakers have been doing crazy things with their rotation...I also wouldn't call Russell and Randle selfish...they are the future (though Randle is meh) and though I can't see a backcourt of Russell and Clarkson thriving, those kids can definitely play. Clarkson will get 4 years, 56 million with the cap (two years at mid-max, two years at max) so he'll have a tradable deal if they can't figure out how to play together, though I think they do OK at it.

They seem to be the opposite of the 76ers in that the Lakers have some good guards...some nice pieces in Anthony Brown, Randle, and Larry Nance Jr, but don't have much else in terms of bigs, instead of Philly who has very few guards but lots of bigs.

For rookies who qualify, Russell is 10th in FG%, 4th in scoring and 3rd in assists and 6th in minutes. I wish he would take less mid range jumpers and get a few more assists, but he's playing pretty well.

Once Kobe announced his retirement, his shots, for the most part, have dropped quite a bit. Once he announced his retirement, he's taken 20 shots only 3 times, and the last 9 games he's played, he's averaging around 25 minutes a night. So he likes to shoot the ball, who cares. Let him have some fun for his last season. The young guys still get to play with a top 7 NBA player of all time for 20-25 minutes a night and they play the rest. Even with all the gunning he was doing early on, he's only averaging 15 shots a game, which is not that many....for a legend...

A decent majority of their losses have been because they hired Byron Scott. He's terrible. I've probably watched 25 games this year and he's just the worst. Almost as bad as Mike Brown.

I'm also happy regardless of where the Lakers finish, the NBA will go all 1985 and give LA the top pick, so they can take Ben Simmons and get him in a big market.

Reactions: NickleDimer
Why didn't the NBA go all 1985 and give the Lakers the top pick last year? You know, to keep Towns out of Minnesota? I don't buy that crap even a little.

i already find myself occasionally cringing at the extension goatfoot colangelo will offer ish this summer

mcconnell is already a competent backup. and a backup is all ish smith is, though obviously he's a much more creative one than mcconnell. but eventually you figure they will add some perimeter guys who can make plays, and creativity in a backup pg becomes less important

wiggins has been disappointing as an all-around player, but cleveland would have been better off hanging on to him and extending their window. especially if they'd taken noel instead of sleep apnea

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT