ADVERTISEMENT

2016-2017 76ers

He scores 17.2314 a game, but gives up 23.2314.
Yes but have empathy for him. Think of how hard it's been watching all those guys score on him. Then he goes out at night and has people saying mean things. It must be tough on him. I see what you're doing here. He's from Chicago, Obama's from Chicago. Like always, you want to blame Obama for Okafor.

Just because everything he does turns out wrong, it doesn't mean it was the wrong plan.

You think the NBA is mad at the Sixers now, wait until they have 2 picks in the top 5 and have one of the best group of young players in the league next year as a result of their tanking.

And what happens if the Lakers pick is top-3 (very good chance) giving the 76ers only have one top-5 pick?

You think the NBA is mad at the Sixers now, wait until they have 2 picks in the top 5 and have one of the best group of young players in the league next year as a result of their tanking.
We can only hope it works out.

Kris Dunn has moved his way into the top 5. I want, no I need 2 of Simmons Ingram Brown Dunn Murray. Win some games Lakers. You f'n mutts.

an out of shape 19 year-old who doesn't play defense and starts a second streetfight in one night, a month after getting a gun put to his head, and then lies to the team about it, is indeed a f--king loser

i'm sure towns would be knocking off liquor stores if garnett wasn't on the roster. what a f--king joke how people make excuses for this f--king slug

noel would help any team in the league. okafor would hurt most of them

they'll probably trade noel for eric gordon or some shit, because one-on-one offense is more important than every other area of playing the game and character and effort combined

okafor's only concept of basketball is sticking his hand in the air and going to work. he isn't dunking lobs or doing the karl malone pin & seal shit--the sixers' f--king guard play is not f--king holding him back. on the other hand, noel was actually a pretty good offensive player after the all-star break with ish smith. how often do the warriors post bogut? the heat only posted their 5 when they played small with bosh, and even then they didn't do it often

hinkie's biggest mistake was taking okafor, and it's going to get him axed, and replaced by the type of fossil f--ks who thought okafor should have gone first

it's fun, being talked down to about basketball by people who think it takes wisdom & insight to overrate the guy who palms the ball, waves it around, and makes fancy moves

Why would the Warriors post Bogut when they have all those amazing 3 pt shooters? They don't need to post him. They have a ton of better options. Guards who can shoot and space the floor for Okafor wouldn't help him? In what alternate universe do good shooters NOT help out big men?

You're writing a career book on a 19 yr old guy who is playing with the worst collection of players in NBA history. You may not like Okafor's style of play but do you not realize he's getting doubled in the post every time he touches the ball? Teams can shade to his side aggressively without fear of leaving knock down shooters. His room to operate is practically nonexistent. And he still puts up numbers. Yes his defense sucks but we knew that.

If he's doubled every time, why is he forcing it and still trying to "put up numbers" ? let those awful guard throw up a ton of wide open there's and miss.

What choose does he have? Would you pass to those guys?

What choose does he have? Would you pass to those guys?
I can't tell if Okafor is a bigger letdown as a person or basketball player. If he was a better basketball player I'd overlook the fact he's a loser. Glad we tanked a year to draft this guy. Sweet job Sam.

Also it's not like Okafor is taking 25 shots a game or something. In the last 17 games he's taken more than 17-18 shots just twice. We aren't talking massive ball hog here.

If you're getting double-teamed every time you touch the ball and you have only 4 assists in your last 5 games (160 minutes), you're f*cking up.

He's passing out to guys who are repeatedly missing clean looks. You can't get assists when your teammates suck.

thought it was obvious, but the point was that it's not 1994, and you don't need post scoring to play at that championship level. you do need to guard the rim, though

it's a canard that okafor is doubled hard on every touch. he's not a good passer, and he likes to dribble himself into the corner instead of just getting rid of the ball

okafor was/is precocious in areas that players typically improve in. conversely his athletic deficits aren't going to change

i hate him, his skateboarder earrings, and his simpleton father

Reactions: adp98
thought it was obvious, but the point was that it's not 1994, and you don't need post scoring to play at that championship level. you do need to guard the rim, though

it's a canard that okafor is doubled hard on every touch. he's not a good passer, and he likes to dribble himself into the corner instead of just getting rid of the ball

okafor was/is precocious in areas that players typically improve in. conversely his athletic deficits aren't going to change

Bitter post by a bitter poster.

Sure you don't NEED low post scoring when your guards are f'n amazing all stars and uncanny shooters. Those fall off trees. Did the Spurs not need low post scoring when winning their titles? Would the Lakers have won without Pau Gasol? The Celtics without Garnett? This isn't going back to 1994. Every team isn't built the same. Sure having f'n Lebron or Jordan is nice but you can construct a team in different ways. Just because Golden St won a title by making a million 3s doesn't mean you need to make a million 3s to win a title. They also got a severely handicapped Cavs team and avoided the Spurs. Sixers need to find their "star". Maybe it's Simmons. But no reason Okafor can't be a key cog on a good team. He can be an important piece. No one is saying he's Duncan.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT