ADVERTISEMENT

76ers off season discussion thread

Just got a rousing sales pitch email from a young hopeful Sixers sales re. Probably his first day on he job after college graduation this past weekend:

"I'm reaching out to connect about our exciting offseason and how you can be a part of our bright future! The 2015-16 campaign gave us a glimpse into the future star power of Sixers rookie Jahlil Okafor. We also witnessed the significant growth of second-year star Nerlens Noel into a dynamic two-way player who provided countless highlight reel dunks and blocks. Both Jerami Grant and Robert Covington had breakout sophomore seasons and continue to grow before our eyes.

With four potential first-round picks in the upcoming NBA Draft in June, Joel Embiid and Dario Saric hitting the floor in Sixers uniforms, and the financial flexibility to extend two max-level offers in free agency, the 2016-17 season is shaping up to be one of the most exciting seasons in years!

With the possibility of adding four first-round selections to our roster this offseason, now is the time to select your seats for the biggest games of the 2016-17 season!

Which games are you most interested in attending next year?"

I responded with a picture of Reggie Jackson.

Here is something else that's not close.

2016 POR vs 2013 Sixers.

One made the playoffs in a tougher conference, while the other was 14 games under .500 in a weaker east.

Citing articles after 18 games that season. Holiday's per ended up 16.7 that year. Lillard's over 22 this year. Not close.

Holiday nice player. Can still be a nice player. He snot in Lillard's league

You're wrong. You nit-picked an argument and here we are.
Now you're moving the goalposts. Disappointing. I'll pretend you didn't post this and accept your white flag.

Reactions: NickleDimer
ND, did they really call you? How long did you stay on phone? I could easily seeing you torturing them for a good half-hour if you wanted to.

Now you're moving the goalposts. Disappointing. I'll pretend you didn't post this and accept your white flag.

How did I move the goalpost?

How about this? Ask me a direct question/s and I'll give you the answer?

You used the term double-standard early here and no such thing occurred. Remember, I supported the Bynum trade after the 35-31 strike-shorten season. How is that calling to blow it up?

I listen to them and explain that while I do follow the team, I will only attend games when I have absolutely nothing else going on and I can sit in the first row of the second deck for less than half of face value. I could give them all my newsgroup talking points but I'm sure that they hear that and worse from all the WIP callers on their list.

How did I move the goalpost?

How about this? Ask me a direct question/s and I'll give you the answer?

You used the term double-standard early here and no such thing occurred. Remember, I supported the Bynum trade after the 35-31 strike-shorten season. How is that calling to blow it up?

I have, you're just trolling me at this point. No need to keep going. Nice work, some Ball-2009 level stuff.

I have, you're just trolling me at this point. No need to keep going. Nice work, some Ball-2009 level stuff.

Sorry, but I can't take credit for the troll job.

It's a shame that you wasted all this time based on me simply disputing an inaccurate BWs claim that I don't think there is ever a time for a not-ready-to-contend team to make the playoffs. So, so inaccurate.

None but that would never have happened to Holiday either
Got it, so they are stuck in 4-8th in the west unless they draft, develop talent. Or should they tankapalooza away?

We all know where this ends. I'm getting bored of owning you two. It's not even hard and I legitimately couldn't care less.

Got it, so they are stuck in 4-8th in the west unless they draft, develop talent. Or should they tankapalooza away?

We all know where this ends. I'm getting bored of owning you two. It's not even hard and I legitimately couldn't care less.

Except the Sixers team you keep referring to didn't go tankapalooza after that one decent showing. Not at all. Hinkie wasn't even in the fold then.

But the 34-48 team did after changing management. Did Portland go 34-48 this year? Are they changing management? Does Portlabd not have a bona fide star?

Snottie has no way of knowing if POR can add to this nucleus. So, even though they had no chance of winning a title this year it was ok for them to make the playoffs. They aren't at their ceiling and have a chance to improve.

Owning us? I think you're off your meds, fella.

I have destroyed you in this thread and you can't even see it.

Oh yea, you nitpicked a harmless comment and here we are.

Except the Sixers team you keep referring to didn't go tankapalooza after that one decent showing. Not at all. Hinkie wasn't even in the fold then.

But the 34-48 team did after changing management. Did Portland go 34-48 this year? Are they changing management? Does Portlabd not have a bona fide star?

Snottie has no way of knowing if POR can add to this nucleus. So, even though they had no chance of winning a title this year it was ok for them to make the playoffs. They aren't at their ceiling and have a chance to improve.

Owning us? I think you're off your meds, fella.

I have destroyed you in this thread and you can't even see it.

Oh yea, you nitpicked a harmless comment and here we are.

This is too easy. I can't even respond.

I don't care about the portland vs sixers argument i just think Lillard is a way bigger name/talent than holiday

Define "way". The stats say that Lillard is better, but they are comparable. Thanks in advance.

Define comparable.

I'd love to see you in a room of NBA GMs so they could laugh in your face. I'm a Holiday fan. He has never been as good as Lillard.

Still not sure how you're owning people by calling a playoff team and 34-48 EC Sixers team the same situation. Perplexing.

Define "way". The stats say that Lillard is better, but they are comparable. Thanks in advance.
DUVAwVH.png

Lillard is just a bigger name and carries more weight around the league with players/fans. Multiple reasons but mostly cause he's more explosive and hit that buzzer beater against houston in the playoffs.

Define comparable.

I'd love to see you in a room of NBA GMs so they could laugh in your face. I'm a Holiday fan. He has never been as good as Lillard.

Still not sure how you're owning people by calling a playoff team and 34-48 EC Sixers team the same situation. Perplexing.

You're still not getting it. It's okay, keep tweeting at sports radio stations your opinions. Maybe one day they'll hire you Huck.

This is the easiest win of the year. Villanova over Oklahoma level.

You're still not getting it. It's okay, keep tweeting at sports radio stations your opinions. Maybe one day they'll hire you Huck.

This is the easiest win of the year. Villanova over Oklahoma level.

There's nothing to get. You're wrong and now you think you're playing mind games. You're not. You're wrong. It's been proven repeatedly in this thread.

Move on.

DUVAwVH.png

Lillard is just a bigger name and carries more weight around the league with players/fans. Multiple reasons but mostly cause he's more explosive and hit that buzzer beater against houston in the playoffs.
To be fair, most CoP sports fans don't know how to use a computer, so Holliday's internet interest rating was understated.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
To be fair, most CoP sports fans don't know how to use a computer, so Holliday's internet interest rating was understated.
Is that what he's trying to use to prove that the players can't be compared? An Internet search history? That might be the most desperate thing ever posted here.

I don't like it. However, it's not worse than when the Phillies have a patch commemorating one of their anonymous owners, who no Phils fans have any clue who they were unless those fans also attended the Devon Horse Show

The Sixers will get $5 Mil per from stubhub? If that's accurate, they only had one guy on their active roster last year who made more money, Landry. All Josh Harris does is print money.

Tonight is the night Sixer fans. Watch the ping pong balls and hope to get lucky in the face of the odds #process to completion.

Right, because no one needs stub hub to attend a sixers game. Next yea read I heard they would offer tickets a la six flags on coke cans.

The Sixers will get $5 Mil per from stubhub? If that's accurate, they only had one guy on their active roster last year who made more money, Landry. All Josh Harris does is print money.

Tonight is the night Sixer fans. Watch the ping pong balls and hope to get lucky in the face of the odds #process to completion.

Hinkie is gone. The process is over. Get a new talking point. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT