ADVERTISEMENT

76ers off season discussion thread

Without Bosh and Whiteside up front Toronto should be ashamed of themselves if they don't win this series. Yes Tor lost Valunciunas but they have a very solid replacement in Biyombo whereas Mia is playing Josh McRoberts and Amare's corpse in the middle. If Miami wins this series it will be because Wade willed them. Losing 2 good bigs like Bosh and Whiteside should be not something a team can overcome in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Oh and Steph Curry. He's good at basketball.

Toronto has scored 20 points in 3 OT's this series. Curry had 17 of the Warriors 21.

Who else was late to work today because they stayed up to watch that Warriors game last night? These late starts are killer.

Both OKC wins in SA aided by extremely awful calls in the last 10 seconds.

The OKC vs Spurs series has been awesome. Toronto and Miami is close but the quality of basketball has sucked.

Golden State games have been on past my bed time.

Toronto has finally figured out that Josh McRoberts is playing center for Miami and it might be a good idea to just get a layup every possession.

Am I the only one that notices Golden St doesn't even attempt to play defense until the 4thQ of games? This is the playoffs for Christ sake. Best team in league and can't be bothered to buckle down until games are almost over. This is why college hoops > NBA.

They just let the other team live and die by the 3. When Amino, Harkless, and Crabbe are 11-17 from 3, they live with it. Portland shot 39% from 2. Warriors are prone to foul though.

Am I the only one that notices Golden St doesn't even attempt to play defense until the 4thQ of games? This is the playoffs for Christ sake. Best team in league and can't be bothered to buckle down until games are almost over. This is why college hoops > NBA.
A teacher in the CoP's keyboard is going to take a beating.

Reactions: NickleDimer
I love how people confuse less talented players not being able to score in college as good defense. Yawn.

I love how people confuse less talented players not being able to score in college as good defense. Yawn.

Stop it. In the college game they actually permit you to play physical defense without blowing the whistle every 3 seconds. If you attempt to play physical in the NBA the first 3 quarters you will rack up fouls in a hurry. They don't want that. It's why they outlaw having a man in the paint while playing zone. They don't want the game being slowed down and stuffed up. Who the hell would play zone if you can't have a defender roaming the painted area? That's the whole POINT of a zone, to close off the interior. They want teams going up and down the court. It helps their brand. It keeps casual eyes on the TVs. Casual eyes want to see sportscenter sh*t. Imagine Villanova playing the physical defense they played in an NBA setting? The whole team would be fouled out by halftime.

Stop it. In the college game they actually permit you to play physical defense without blowing the whistle every 3 seconds. If you attempt to play physical in the NBA the first 3 quarters you will rack up fouls in a hurry. They don't want that. It's why they outlaw having a man in the paint while playing zone. They don't want the game being slowed down and stuffed up. Who the hell would play zone if you can't have a defender roaming the painted area? That's the whole POINT of a zone, to close off the interior. They want teams going up and down the court. It helps their brand. It keeps casual eyes on the TVs. Casual eyes want to see sportscenter sh*t. Imagine Villanova playing the physical defense they played in an NBA setting? The whole team would be fouled out by halftime.

Right. Offensive talent and having the most ability in the world to score the ball have nothing to do with it.

Their are 350 ish D-1 teams, most of them stink, and can't score because the offensive talent isn't all that good. Please, stop calling it good defense.

Also, I'm pretty sure college basketball changed the rules about defending in the last few years, too.

Right. Offensive talent and having the most ability in the world to score the ball have nothing to do with it.

Their are 350 ish D-1 teams, most of them stink, and can't score because the offensive talent isn't all that good. Please, stop calling it good defense.

Also, I'm pretty sure college basketball changed the rules about defending in the last few years, too.

I'm not talking about Quinnipiac vs Long Island. I'm talking about Villanova vs Kansas.

I'm not talking about Quinnipiac vs Long Island. I'm talking about Villanova vs Kansas.
You are never going to convince him otherwise, best if you
maxresdefault.jpg

That's right because I tend to believe that some teams are really good at offense and play at a higher pace. ie Golden State.

GS was #1 in off eff and #4 in def eff. Portland was #7 in off eff, so they can score a little, too.

It was more about good offense than bad defense.

Kansas missed about 10 wide open 3's against us.

And about 5 of them were by Selden, who I'm sure was left open from out there by design. He could not make 3s in the tournament, this one or past tournaments, and we knew it. We've been on the other end of that in the last couple decades with some of our guys as well. So not just luck.

And about 5 of them were by Selden, who I'm sure was left open from out there by design. He could not make 3s in the tournament, this one or past tournaments, and we knew it. We've been on the other end of that in the last couple decades with some of our guys as well. So not just luck.

Right - exactly what NBA teams do, but because the talent is better, it results in more points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT