ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Confederate Flag........

That's great but what about the millions of these rednecks:
20130924_dn_0mt30hyl.jpg

Had this same shooting happened one state over, guess this isn't an issue. Amazing how stupid people are to take up causes that have nothing to do with the original tragedy.

Taking it down from the State House ( good idea) is not the same as banning it ( not a good idea)

Reactions: kjbert
it was never a recognized country. they lost the war therefore lost the flag and their chance for complete segregation. the fact that this flag is still flown or hung by people all over the country is an embarrassment. it does not symbolize the south, it symbolizes what the south wanted. a continuation of slavery to sustain their agricultural market.

Senator Marco Rubio of Florida: “Ultimately the people of South Carolina will make the right decision for South Carolina, and I believe in their capacity to make that decision. The next president of the United States will not make that decision. That’s up for the people of South Carolina to make, and I think they’ll make the right one like they’ve made them in the past.”

Eloquent....

why are we so hateful in this country? the confederate flag represents a bad time in our countries history. so why do these people want to keep it? to try and remember the past generations who fought in the war or who helped rebuild the south in post war america? that cant be it, those people have been dead for well over 100 years. no one alive today has any living civil war veterans. so why fly the flag?

Have you ever been to the deep South? Many of the older generation actually believe that the North didn't win the war...

well hopefully the hate dies off with that generation. it has done this country wrong for generations.
id love to go to Charleston and Savannah and New Orleans but im not sure thats considered the south.

You guys are a trip. I'll just say I've seen way more overt racism in the Northeast than I have in the South, and I grew up in Louisiana and Mississippi. Most white people in the northeast have zero contact with black people, while folks in the south live in much more integrated society, in general.

Really? So no blacks in the northeast have no contact with whites huh?

Interesting position.

Absurd comments all around. TommySalami making more sense than anyone somehow.

Instead of debating a flag, leaders in this country should look to actual solutions to prevent shit like this. I have no idea what they are, but I can say that taking a flag down from an obscure state house isn't one of them.

You guys are a trip. I'll just say I've seen way more overt racism in the Northeast than I have in the South, and I grew up in Louisiana and Mississippi. Most white people in the northeast have zero contact with black people, while folks in the south live in much more integrated society, in general.

I can believe that. Louisiana and Mississippi have very few people compared to places like CoP and CoDB. Not a stretch that you probably didn't come into contact with the worst racist whites down there. I mean, you didn't live in a trailer park, right?

The flag wasn't introduced until 1962.

Just bring back the Palmetto Flag. It's nice anyway.

Reactions: tjc3844
This is one of the stupidest political controversies in decades. The flag is over a confederate war memorial. Take it down, whatever. It's not a hill worth dying on.

I can't wait until the carving at stone mountain is dynamited.

Last edited:
Most people in northeast have zero contact with black people? Interesting. And surely you're not talking about the millions of white people that live in the metro areas of CoP, CoDB, and Boston.

TommySalami is one of those people who thinks he's funny because no one tells him how terribly ignorant he is to his face and will politely smile through his remarks, but as soon as he walks away they are relieved.

Sure, taking the flag down isn't going to end racism. But continuing to leave it up as a state endorsed symbol certainly isn't a step in the right direction - and has NO tangible positive effect. I am honest about who I do and do not hate - confederate flag backers are the biggest BS'ers around.

And saying the flag is an important issue right now is like running back into a house on fire to get your pet cat. It's secondary and irrelevant in scope of the incidents at hand.

Went to help open a new store last year outside of Front Royal/Winchester, VA. Holy f*ck, Batman. Couldn't believe I was still in the United States. Literally felt like I took a DeLorean back to 1995. Scary. Scary shit. You would have to pay me to live down there.

Burrs, just for the sake of accuracy there aren't any black people in Boston.

Things are getting serious now, Walmart is removing all items with confederate flag from its stores.

No, that's the reason that the imagery is popular for people who aren't members of the son's of confederate veterans.

And saying the flag is an important issue right now is like running back into a house on fire to get your pet cat. It's secondary and irrelevant in scope of the incidents at hand.

This is quite clearly the biggest problem facing America right now.

So we can only address large scale issues now? You guys are acting like normal business/governance is at a standstill. Some people made some statements expressing their opinions just like any other day. This flag was going to finally become a thing of the past at some point, why not now?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT