ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Confederate Flag........

ND does this describe you. Please answer directly

" A troll is a person whose sole purpose in life is to seek out people to argue with on the internet"

That does not describe me. I desire conversation that explores what people think and why. Like why is two men kissing disgusting to you? Please respond. When you were building companies from the ground up did you allow equal opportunities for all sexual orientations or did you tell people that their lifestyle was disgusting and that they should hide it?

Here are words that describe the American south:
More violent
Poor
Less progressive
More likely to desire religion in their politics

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/07/how-the-south-skews-america-119725.html

Perhaps someone can point me to the intelligent perosn who displays the confederate flag. Show me the guy in the top of his class with great SATs and crazy W2 ( and not a musician) who is defending the confederate flag. I'd like to hear his argument.

Fact is it's a a symbol of backwoods stupidity and lack of intellect as much of anything.

ND interesting on the one hand your are so accepting and on the other you define the south as something less desirable than the North.

Once again if you read my post and not troll I specifically said "We can't have a perfect world around us that fits all our personal beliefs thats the beauty of America". and that is how I feel. In business and in my personal life everyone gets a chance my personal beliefs sit on the side line. In my business life I see one thing, performance. You are not bothered by two guys making out in a restaurant thats your right. Do I have to like it like you, are those the progressive rules? Does the South have to transform itself into the North as part of the progressive rules? I am fortunate I have had the opportunity to live in several states. NC, SC and FL are great places to live and raise a family. You will find most southerners are gracious and accepting. Of course you get to make your stereotypes based on some left wing bloggers view. Get out of your house and go spend a couple of months down south I am willing to bet you will want to stay.

Removing shows like the Dukes of Hazards from TV Land is a bit over the top but removing the flag from a state house is appropriate. However, TV Land is making their own decision so be it.

Why wouldn't southerners be gracious and accepting? They are getting hand outs left and right. When i hear the popular "The South will rise again!" I always hope it means they will finally pull their own weight and stop bleeding the fed and giving their kids crappy educations.

Reactions: mpwalsh8
The best part is dmil, the staunch conservative, arguing against handouts. Some gold in this thread.

The best part is dmil, the staunch conservative, arguing against handouts. Some gold in this thread.

He's an idiot. Always claims to be a conservative and argued against every conservative ideal. Typical poor mets fan.

So handouts are against conservative ideals? That's news to me. I'm not an adp republican - feeding at the trough, granted, but there are certain things us old school conservatives hold in high regard - and not bleeding the wealthy(in this case the wealthy states) dry because you simply cannot carry your own weight is one of them. So hopefully the South will indeed rise again - and figure out how to have a robust economy without the need for slave labor.

So handouts are against conservative ideals? That's news to me. I'm not an adp republican - feeding at the trough, granted, but there are certain things us old school conservatives hold in high regard - and not bleeding the wealthy(in this case the wealthy states) dry because you simply cannot carry your own weight is one of them. So hopefully the South will indeed rise again - and figure out how to have a robust economy without the need for slave labor.
Such a tired/old argument, 5.0 An argument you have yet to prove. Funny how you love to repeat it over and over but, when confronted with contrary information, you simply dismiss it as not true. You and ND are quite a pair. He uses Politico to try to prove his progressive points of view. That would be like using Glenn Beck's blog to try to prove a conservative point of view. This is why we on BW and the country in general cannot accomplish anything for the common good. Both sides are hopelessly stalemated and locked in their ideologies and refuse to even consider points of view that differ from theirs.

The difference between my statement and those of the progressives like yourself is it must fit the progressives personal beliefs and they have no tolerance for anything other than those beliefs. Worse those beliefs must be pushed on the rest of us.
I don't have much tolerance for a flag that symbolizes the southern states trying to break from the union so they could keep black people as slaves. I don't force that lack of tolerance on others, I just look down on people like dr van who don't get it. Oh yeah, and I don't think that government buildings should be displaying hate symbols like the confederate flag or the swastika.

Also, I don't like watching two people making out at a table at a restaurant, whether they be straight or gay. But I would never be appalled by a little kiss in the cheek as one partner left the table or two people holding hands.

Piper, I hope you are raising your children better. You don't want to raise bigots like dr van.

I always thought the south will rise again refers to all the northerners moving there.

TJC I have proved it again and again. You just have not bothered to read. The southern states are massive tax suck. It's a fact. I did not make it up.

TJC I have proved it again and again. You just have not bothered to read. The southern states are massive tax suck. It's a fact. I did not make it up.
But if you do it by cities, the larger Southern cities tend to vote Democrat. They are the biggest part of your "massive tax suck".

The difference between my statement and those of the progressives like yourself is it must fit the progressives personal beliefs and they have no tolerance for anything other than those beliefs. Worse those beliefs must be pushed on the rest of us.

If you really believe progressives are the only ones who push their beliefs on others I don't know what to say. Isn't the whole point of politics that you try to elect officials who will mold the city/county/state/country to adhere to your ideals? You're acting like conservatives just sit back and let liberals be when there is clear dislike for each other on both sides.

I'm glad you can say you don't like something such as two men kissing in public, but still respect their right to do so. I'll be honest in that when I see people doing something I don't think is right, I wish there would be less of it occuring and that those people will change. I think it's only natural to hope for changss to happen. Just as much you would like men to stop kissing each other, I would like people to not be offended when men kiss each other. I really don't see how the two are different - we both would like the world to more closely match our personal values.

ND interesting on the one hand your are so accepting and on the other you define the south as something less desirable than the North.

Once again if you read my post and not troll I specifically said "We can't have a perfect world around us that fits all our personal beliefs thats the beauty of America". and that is how I feel. In business and in my personal life everyone gets a chance my personal beliefs sit on the side line. In my business life I see one thing, performance. You are not bothered by two guys making out in a restaurant thats your right. Do I have to like it like you, are those the progressive rules? Does the South have to transform itself into the North as part of the progressive rules? I am fortunate I have had the opportunity to live in several states. NC, SC and FL are great places to live and raise a family. You will find most southerners are gracious and accepting. Of course you get to make your stereotypes based on some left wing bloggers view. Get out of your house and go spend a couple of months down south I am willing to bet you will want to stay.

Those aren't my definitions. Those are statistical facts. The south is poorer, more violent, it's social policy lags behind the rest of the western world and its residents are more likely to dictate their politics based on religion in a country founded on the idea of the separation of Church and state. Not my opinion. Statistical facts.

ND wonder why northerners flock to the south for a better lifestyle. Must be all those poor values and violence. Geez I felt so much safer in Philly then I do in Charleston . You really need to get out of the neighborhood and travel your understanding through reading liberal articles on the south is not reality. I love that you quoted the biggest progressive writer on the planet as your source, good work. I guess that's what those who act like progressives point to as their 'facts". You and 99 should leave the basement and put the video games down. There is a wonderful world out there go check it out.

ND wonder why northerners flock to the south for a better lifestyle. Must be all those poor values and violence. Geez I felt so much safer in Philly then I do in Charleston . You really need to get out of the neighborhood and travel your understanding through reading liberal articles on the south is not reality. I love that you quoted the biggest progressive writer on the planet as your source, good work. I guess that's what those who act like progressives point to as their 'facts". You and 99 should leave the basement and put the video games down. There is a wonderful world out there go check it out.
Northerners go south because of the weather. That's it.

Bullshit.

southerners are nicer people in general & less likely to scam or lie to u.

But if you do it by cities, the larger Southern cities tend to vote Democrat. They are the biggest part of your "massive tax suck".

I could not care less who whAt party they vote . Doesn't change the numbers

What would a privileged New Hampshire Granite kid know about real race relations in the South?

99 your argument is ridiculous. It has changed so many times its tough to keep track. Now you want to compare the tax base of the state to the federal money received. The reality is 9 out of the 10 states that receive the most federal money are democratic and mostly northern states. The only southeastern state is florida out of the 10 and we all know that is south jersey. I really don't understand what if anything you are trying to prove. I think we all know the tax base is higher in the north and in California and that tax base is coming from the 1% that is so despised. So sometimes you love them and sometimes your don't.

You progressives should love the south they have a far stronger middle class and far fewer one percenters.

Last edited:
Piper makes a solid point. The two states with the biggest disparoties between rich and poor are California and New York. Certainly not part of the backwards south.

I could not care less who whAt party they vote . Doesn't change the numbers
Your entire argument has always been that they are red states and I am pointing out that the blue parts of those states are the true tax sucks. If I am not correct, what is your overall point?

i understand why it bothers some people to see a gay couple kissing.
But - it doesn't bother me because i don't extrapolate watching a kiss into imagining what all the "follow-on activity" may be.
Sometimes it bothers me when I see a really fat couple kiss ... because i allow myself to think about that same couple stressing the structural integrity of their bed as they struggle desperately to contort their rotund frames into the precise angles required to navigate the gooey seas of flesh and permit their privates to commingle.
The amount of sweat - the heavy breathing and heart palpitations involved - the risk of hospitalization from one wrong move ... it pains me to think about it ...
let alone to ponder the stenches that can emerge when folds of skin that have avoided the attention of wash cloths and soap, potentially for weeks, get wrestled open and the forms of life that have taken root in these nether regions are exposed to open air.
This is why I never considered "Mike and Molly" to be "must see tv".

Last edited:
The entire discussion of race in America centers around the protection of White feelings.

https://medium.com/@johnmetta/i-racist-538512462265
Complete and utter nonsense. The entire discussion of race in America centers around the lunatic fringes. With people who worship cop killers and suggest that every day, a white police officer wakes up in America and decides he's going to shoot an unarmed black person for sport on one side and people who think that racism died with slavery on the other.

The rhetoric doesn't appeal to moderates, and it causes them to tune out.

The flag coming down in SC is no victory. Yes it has been removed from the capital building. But in its place are now 100,000 more flags being flown from houses, cars, etc by motivated rednecks who think this is the beginning stages of Civil War 2. Or by people who never really cared about the flag but see this as more political correctness being jammed down their throats. And their way of showing their displeasure is to fly the flag just because they know it will piss off liberals.

Complete and utter nonsense. The entire discussion of race in America centers around the lunatic fringes. With people who worship cop killers and suggest that every day, a white police officer wakes up in America and decides he's going to shoot an unarmed black person for sport on one side and people who think that racism died with slavery on the other.

The rhetoric doesn't appeal to moderates, and it causes them to tune out.

Someone's white feelings got hurt

But - it doesn't bother me because i don't extrapolate watching a kiss into imagining what all the "follow-on activity" may be.
Sometimes it bothers me when I see a really fat couple kiss ... .

What about a really fat gay couple?

Sometimes it bothers me when I see a really fat couple kiss ... because i allow myself to think about that same couple stressing the structural integrity of their bed as they struggle desperately to contort their rotund frames into the precise angles required to navigate the gooey seas of flesh and permit their privates to commingle.
The amount of sweat - the heavy breathing and heart palpitations involved - the risk of hospitalization from one wrong move ... it pains me to think about it ...
let alone to ponder the stenches that can emerge when folds of skin that have avoided the attention of wash cloths and soap, potentially for weeks, get wrestled open and the forms of life that have taken root in these nether regions are exposed to open air.
This is why I never considered "Mike and Molly" to be "must see tv".

One of the funniest posts of all time, Eric!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT