ADVERTISEMENT

Frightened Old People

Black people are afraid of magic tricks - think they have to be ranked above Olds in the irrational fear rankings
Actually, I hope you're right and nobody has anything to be afraid of at least until the morning after a chemical, biological or dirty nuke bomb attack. That's the real difference. The prospect of something like that happening wasn't even within the imagination of most people until now. If some chose to brush that off as unwarranted fear, so be it.

If we really want to get rid of old people we should follow the plot of the movie "Logan's Run" where everyone is subject to euthanasia at the age of 30. However, this is a bad example on my part since the movie is 40 years.old.

The prospect of something like that happening wasn't even within the imagination of most people until now.

Where have you been, pal? People have been talking about those types of attacks all the time since 9/11/01. And it has even been strongly in public discussion since the nerve gas attacks in Tokyo subways in the early 90s.

Don't tell me you've missed that in the millions of hours of Cable News that you've watched.

just imagine the despair that a lot of these older people face on a daily basis...

why does nobody care about the plight of the elderly?

(i'm really only being about 80% facetious here, nobody gives a shit about old people. it's actually kind of sad. no wonder they're scared)

just imagine the despair that a lot of these older people face on a daily basis...

why does nobody care about the plight of the elderly?

(i'm really only being about 80% facetious here, nobody gives a shit about old people. it's actually kind of sad. no wonder they're scared)
I bet 95+% of the septuagenarians I know aren't afraid of ANYTHING. This is just another one of those myths. Considering it's on 4.6, I'm not really surprised there are posters who believe this nonsense.

Actually, I hope you're right and nobody has anything to be afraid of at least until the morning after a chemical, biological or dirty nuke bomb attack. That's the real difference. The prospect of something like that happening wasn't even within the imagination of most people until now. If some chose to brush that off as unwarranted fear, so be it.

Didn't students in the 50s have to do "bomb drop practice" or whatever and crawl under their desk?

The US having enemies is nothing new. If there's going to be an attack, I'm not going to live in constant fear of it. There are kids in the middle east who literally grew up with other countries' planes flying over their schools/homes daily - all in response to actions they had nothing to do with. If that ever happens here, then I'll probably make our "enemies" a priority. At this point, I've never seen one in real life and have a better chance of being killed by a fellow countryman.

Didn't students in the 50s have to do "bomb drop practice" or whatever and crawl under their desk?

The US having enemies is nothing new. If there's going to be an attack, I'm not going to live in constant fear of it. There are kids in the middle east who literally grew up with other countries' planes flying over their schools/homes daily - all in response to actions they had nothing to do with. If that ever happens here, then I'll probably make our "enemies" a priority. At this point, I've never seen one in real life and have a better chance of being killed by a fellow countryman.
Yes, Snottie. In grammar school we all had a white sheet and when the siren sounded, we crawled under our desks and put the sheet over ourselves (as if that would have protected us from an atomic bomb.) At that point in time it wasn't that far out from WW2 and with Stalin In USSR, there was real concern of a possible A bomb attack. The fear of the bomb actually continued through the Kennedy administration. I remember my father and mother bringing my brother and sister to VU the weekend of the Cuban Missile Crisis. My parents were convinced this was "it" and wanted us to all be together if the end came. It was scary. So, maybe that's why people of my generation take the threat of terrorism apparently more seriously than the younger people. Like I said above, we're not walking around afraid of terrorists but we are very aware and concerned about the real possibility of a major massive attack. Your generation has 911 so I have to admit I'm a little perplexed that you can brush off terrorism/terrorists as not a big deal. But, maybe that's just me ;)

Love the semantics game. It never sleeps. We're not afraid, just very aware and concerned of a scary thing.
I wouldn't expect a simple minded sniper like you to understand the difference between living in fear and being concerned about a real threat to the nation and its citizens no matter what age they might happen to be. Sorry, but I just can't make simple minded black and white statements about complex subject matter so you can understand their meaning.

Frightened and angry is no way to go through life

th

Stalin was good? I wonder what the families of the millions of people he had executed think about that?

I was just kidding around. I'm glad he was psycho enough to let millions and millions of his own soldiers die in WW2 but he was clearly a tyrant

Bump. What is Fox News telling us to be afraid of this morning, the climate change agreement?

If you keep going to this wind up doll here will be my response.

You are faking cancer.
Do you think I care? You're an idiot which you proved by posting that you didn't know what was going on. It's not something I made up like you and NC94 do about me. It's your exact words. If you want to lie about me having fake cancer when "you don't have any idea what's going on" with my cancer, be my guest. Only my oncologist's opinion matters to me about that!

Also, some random Hillary bashing. Something about probing a son in law. That's just enough to hold us over until the next time Barry O says something about ISIS that isn't serious enough for our (us old people) taste.

Do you think I care? You're an idiot which you proved by posting that you didn't know what was going on. It's not something I made up like you and NC94 do about me. It's your exact words. If you want to lie about me having fake cancer when "you don't have any idea what's going on" with my cancer, be my guest. Only my oncologist's opinion matters to me about that!

You once again prove that you are a pathological liar.

I never posted that you have "fake cancer."

giphy.gif

I forgot about drones. Those are a big one for the old folks. Especially since every remote-controlled aircraft is now called a drone.
Another silly "broad brush" statement. I may buy a drone. They look pretty cool!

You once again prove that you are a pathological liar.

I never posted that you have "fake cancer."
Why don't you go pick on a few harmless Cats to prove what a big man you are NC94. Your pathological liar comment is another one of the stupid neurotic charges you like to throw around. Your propensity to want to harm innocent animals is something that can easily be checked out on You Tube unlike all the bulls$t you make up and post about me. People are sick of your stupid obsession with me. Get a new gig!

Have you ever installed an ELEVATOR in one of your residences? If so, why?

Never installed one but my condo in VA Beach had one when I bought it. It was a pretty nice amenity even though I was a lot younger then.

Why don't you go pick on a few harmless Cats to prove what a big man you are NC94. Your pathological liar comment is another one of the stupid neurotic charges you like to throw around. Your propensity to want to harm innocent animals is something that can easily be checked out on You Tube unlike all the bulls$t you make up and post about me. People are sick of your stupid obsession with me. Get a new gig!

You can "easily be checked out" as well, you lying nitwit.

http://www.southphillyreview.com/news/police-report/Prostitution_bust-260185601.html

1. Tjc3844 said... on May 27, 2014 at 01:22PM
“You nailed it animal_mother!!!!!!!!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT