ADVERTISEMENT

Game of Thrones - Spoliers Inside

The part of the battle scene where Snow almost suffocated under the pile of bodies, people pressing together was intense. Almost felt like I was suffocating watching it. Agree, fantastic episode all around.

This, definitely felt claustrophobic watching that scene. Great cinematography.

As far as kings landing, I'm sure they won't have another walk of SHAME so something has to give there. Margary will somehow resist further brainwashing even though Tommen is still under control by the faith militant..

I always felt Margary was pulling all the strings now. She's not really brainwashed, just using the guy from the infiniti commercials until she can get rid of him. Not sure what the end game is, possibly getting rid of the Lannisters.

Reactions: LoveBurger
I agree with that 100%, her and her grandmother have had it in for Cersie from the start. Will Jamie be back in time for the trial? itll be interesting, the finale is 75 mins so they can tie up a lot.

they have to address Bran in the finale.

K5LLMIx.gif

Funny thing is Sansa rode off before Ramsey said he hadn't fed his dogs in seven days

So R+L=J after all

There's clearly more to Sansa as Lowry45 and I thought

Killed off some of the annoying characters

Arya finally does something

Very good finale after a great episode last week

So R+L=J after all

There's clearly more to Sansa as Lowry45 and I thought

Killed off some of the annoying characters

Arya finally does something

Very good finale after a great episode last week

Amazing finale...forgot R in R+L was the mad king.

great last 2 episodes. Arya killing Walder Frey like that was pretty badass.

Cersei is turning into the "Mad Queen". I have to think that Jamie will not approve of this as he fought so hard to stop the Mad King

A couple of thoughts:
-It has always been about three families the Starks, Targaryans and the Lannisters. The other characters/families were just puppets.

-All three families have claims to the Iron Throne, all have fought hard and experienced losses but in the end for what. There is an army on the other side of the wall that is more dangerous than anyone of these families. Can they put aside their differences, will it matter?

-As I said before Littlefinger is going to play Sansea against Jon, its about power, Jon has taken control of the North, Littlefinger is going to play Sansea, how far will it go?

-Danerys now has the Greyjoys, Tyrells and the Martlells on her side three families that have their own selfish reasons for taking the Iron Throne. The amount of colluding that will take place in that group is going to be awesome. Danerys has the dragons but in the end how are you going to keep those families happy?

-Then there is Cersi, who doesnt give two shits about anything at this point, she is the Queen and she is in control, no one has lost more in this battle and she is about to lose Jamie, she is going to go off her rocker.

-Which brings me to my next story line. Jamie Lannister. Where does he go? He isnt going to support Cersi, the Starks hate him at this point. He really has no one. And oh wait he is on Arya Starks list. This battle intrigues me. My prediction is she tries to go to Kings Landing and is caught by Cersi. Which lines her up for Trial by Combat with the Mountain, and who is that character who has loyalty to Arya and hates the Mountain? Hmmmmm.

-Samwell is obviously going to read alot of books and its pretty much the greatest day of his life since he gets to read these books. Obviously he is going to come across something that everyone needs to know specifically around the White Walkers.

My guess is that an event has to occur for the White Walkers to cross the wall and that event is going to be the pinnacle of next season.

Last edited:
or maybe Cersie finds a way to get rid of Margary, her brother and grandmother. Also the guy on the counsel is Margary's uncle?

I got that right less the grandmother. if youre gonna kill the family make sure you kill everyone.

great episode. the series could have almost ended last night. I have a feeling next season is going to be really slow.

Its Lannister right? not Lancester.

Danny is sailing to the Iron Islands or Kings Landing?

So you think the Hound and the Mountain will battle? maybe. the hound has to play a role in something since his character was brought back into the series. and what about Brienne? she has to fight Jamie at some point.

Jamie is probably the best character at this point.

its going to be interesting when Bran gets to Winterfell and tries to explain Jon is not a Stark at all. which is the main reason why he is king of the north right now.

Littlefinger sucks. i keep thinking of Tommy Carcetti everytime i see him.

I got that right less the grandmother. if youre gonna kill the family make sure you kill everyone.

great episode. the series could have almost ended last night. I have a feeling next season is going to be really slow.

Its Lannister right? not Lancester.

Danny is sailing to the Iron Islands or Kings Landing?

So you think the Hound and the Mountain will battle? maybe. the hound has to play a role in something since his character was brought back into the series. and what about Brienne? she has to fight Jamie at some point.

Jamie is probably the best character at this point.

its going to be interesting when Bran gets to Winterfell and tries to explain Jon is not a Stark at all. which is the main reason why he is king of the north right now.

Littlefinger sucks. i keep thinking of Tommy Carcetti everytime i see him.

Jon is a Stark, just not Ned's. Lyanna Stark Ne's sister is his mother. Season 1 (like episode 2) when Ned brings Jon to The Wall, he tells him you are a Stark, you may not have my name, but you have my (Stark) blood (Lyanna's).

here's my amateur GOT question... is there any sort of natural or climatological barrier that prevents the white walkers from taking over everything, all the way down to kings landing? or are they effectively limited to the northern reaches?

also, is the lancester/lannister thing some sort of inside joke? cant be accidental for someone who clearly goes in depth on the show to keep spelling it this way

here's my amateur GOT question... is there any sort of natural or climatological barrier that prevents the white walkers from taking over everything, all the way down to kings landing? or are they effectively limited to the northern reaches?

There is a spell that prevents the dead from passing the wall. If they can get past the wall (which at some point they will-- maybe through Bran since he has the mark of the nights King) then they can go anywhere.

There is a spell that prevents the dead from passing the wall. If they can get past the wall (which at some point they will-- maybe through Bran since he has the mark of the nights King) then they can go anywhere.

Right, because they supposedly couldn't go into the tree until Bran was touched and then all bets were off there, so probably the same here.

Dragonglass kills White Walkers, so guessing dragon flame might be effective, too.

Jon is a Stark, just not Ned's. Lyanna Stark Ne's sister is his mother. Season 1 (like episode 2) when Ned brings Jon to The Wall, he tells him you are a Stark, you may not have my name, but you have my (Stark) blood (Lyanna's).

correct. my bad.

the quest for the throne is interesting and i think the white walker thing takes away from that.

i havent been this into a show since the Sopranos and the Wire. i purposely have not watch Breaking Bad just so I dont get hooked on another series.

the quest for the throne is interesting and i think the white walker thing takes away from that.

I think it will play nicely into the idea that the game of thrones is ultimately futile - Dany is going to win the throne just in time to face a world-ending foe who doesn't care about the throne at all.

Reactions: SnottieDrippen
i find it really interesting how everyone who wanted to sit on the throne or had some type of power in the North has ended up dead or will end up dead. so at some point you kinda have to maybe not want to be the ruler since the life span is fairly short. who is next to go?

Im most interested in the Jamie/Tyrion storyline that has to come as Danny gets closer to Kings Landing. Is Tyrion set to watch his brother die at the hands of the dragons or Dannys army? Does Tyrion have a plan that will benefit Jamie? will be interesting.

i find it really interesting how everyone who wanted to sit on the throne or had some type of power in the North has ended up dead or will end up dead. so at some point you kinda have to maybe not want to be the ruler since the life span is fairly short. who is next to go?

Im most interested in the Jamie/Tyrion storyline that has to come as Danny gets closer to Kings Landing. Is Tyrion set to watch his brother die at the hands of the dragons or Dannys army? Does Tyrion have a plan that will benefit Jamie? will be interesting.

Jamie is going to off his sister and be out of town before that.

correct. my bad.

i havent been this into a show since the Sopranos and the Wire. i purposely have not watch Breaking Bad just so I dont get hooked on another series.

I finally gave into Breaking Bad this winter. Was avoiding for the same reasons but I ended up loving it as much as the other 3. If I ever go to the hospital for an extended period of time I've basically used up all the best shows already. Sad!

i watched season 1 a few years ago and didnt really like it. I was immediately hooked on the Wire and the Sopranos. i binged the Wire once in 7 days. i couldnt stop.

Is everyone being convinced Jaime kills cersei based on that witch's prophecy from beginning of season (forget if this or last one) and her going nuclear on everyone? Not sure I can see him knowingly killing her.

i find it funny that there are all these houses that have been around for thousands of years and now within the span of 6/7 years or whatever the length of time of the show they're wiped out completely or almost completely. it's not like there have been some major technological innovations over those 1,000 years, hell with the removal of dragons from the picture for hundreds of years there's actually been a regression in destructive capabilities as it were.

[
Is everyone being convinced Jaime kills cersei based on that witch's prophecy from beginning of season (forget if this or last one) and her going nuclear on everyone? Not sure I can see him knowingly killing her.

The prophecy was that her younger brother will kill her. Seem like history repeating itself for Jamie having to take out the made queen this time. Could also be Tyrion as he returns to Westeros next season

i find it funny that there are all these houses that have been around for thousands of years and now within the span of 6/7 years or whatever the length of time of the show they're wiped out completely or almost completely. it's not like there have been some major technological innovations over those 1,000 years, hell with the removal of dragons from the picture for hundreds of years there's actually been a regression in destructive capabilities as it were.

There haven't been White Walkers abroad in Westeros for centuries, so it IS a unique time. But mostly it makes good TV (or books).

[

The prophecy was that her younger brother will kill her. Seem like history repeating itself for Jamie having to take out the made queen this time. Could also be Tyrion as he returns to Westeros next season

There are also parallels between Jamie being willing to kill the Mad King before he burnt King's Landing with wildfire and being willing to kill his sister before she, the new Mad Queen, burns King's Landing with wildfire.

LGN true, but so far the white walkers haven't wiped out any families. baratheons, lannisters, targareyans, tully's, tyrell's, even the starks are all just a person or two away from being wiped out for good. unless there are other heirs that we just don't know about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT